main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY St. Patricks Day Parade -updates please read!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Well, March isnt too far off if you think about it.....and the St. Patricks Day Parade is always a good time. If anyone would liek to participate this year in the parade post here. We could even build a float if everyone decides to. Just need sign ups here so we can get it rolling ;)

Thnx

2. WebsJedi

WebsJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2002
    I don't know. They tape that parade and someone I know might see me.... However, if we need a float, I'll help out w/ that.

-Webs (the shy SW fan)

3. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    hmm, well you know you could always wear the vader suit ;) no one will know its you......

4. ILoveQA

ILoveQA Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    if nothing else comes up... u can always use an obiwan to march ... in march...
    *grinz* :-D
    my schedule will be lightened this year
    I will try to participate more
    YAY!!
    ILoveQA

5. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    yay!!!!

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, here is the update on this:

The parade is Saturday March 15th. We have to meet downtown at 10 a.m. The parade kicks off at noon. After the parade there are craft booths at the Galleries of Syracuse with Face painting and Music. I imagine the awards ceromony is there as well.

If anyone is interested in this please post. The sign ups deadline is Feb 15th. We have an option to have a float (if everyone wants to build one) or just march. Let me know so we can get things rolling. I have asked for the Fanforce Banner that weekend so hopefully we will have that as well.

I hope everyone can participate. Should be alot of fun. I have participated in this parade years before and have always had a great time :)
    Please post any ideas you may have for this as well :)

7. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Hello guys, just wanna say that I'm definitely up for going to this parade!
    Our club is having a meeting to discuss this, and I'm sure some more members of Young Jedi Niagara will willing to come :)

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    awesome! The more the merrier! Hope you can convince more to come!

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    update - We are officially in the parade. There will be 7 driving from canada to ojin us and 2 from buffalo. Not sure on the rochester numbers yet.
    We need to have a reception afterwards and need the use of someones home for our guests after the parade......can anyone help with this?
    Also please post if you are marching and what costume you will be wearing ;)
    Thanks!
    Strawbary

10. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    Hi Strawbary,
    I'm sure Chris told ya I'll be attending. I will be marching, and I will be in my Biker Scout armor. Can't wait to meet everyone!!!
    Jay
    TB-4476 Out...

11. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm definitly coming, and I'll be in the Sith costume you guys helped me cut out last week. I gotta sew it this week, I tried last week but my sister wouldn't ask her Home Economics teacher :S I'll harp on her Monday and should be able to get it done the rest of the week.

I'll be asking Nate and Jeff, but I'm pretty sure they're coming.

So where are we meeting? Also, I'll need to know the when/where of other things.

12. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    update - reception afterwards is at russ's place.
    Specifics on the parade will be posted this week.

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    update..........
    We are towards the end of the parade route. We will need to line up at the parade route by 1:30 pm no later. we step off at 2.

we need a head count on who is coming asap, this way we can arrange meeting place etc.
    We have 7 arriving from canada and 3 from buffalo. We will also have the Fanforce banner to carry. We only have 3 confirmed from our group going I would like to see a few more people .......please post here if you can go.

There will be a reception afterwards. Please pm me for directions to the party.

14. WebsJedi

Aug 26, 2002
    Well I'll be there in all my glorious happiness at beeing seen by 100k people... I just hope it's warm else I'm going to be freezing me bum off.

-Webs

15. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    So... where do we meet? And when do you want us to arrive (we have to be there by 1:30, but am I correct in assuming you want us to meet a bit beforehand?)?

Nate has to work at 3PM on Saturday, so he won't be able to make it. Jeff says he's coming; if you need, him to I'll see to it that he posts saying so.

16. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Ooookay, bad news from my side of the table. Jeff is going to see his brother; good for him, they haven't seen each other for a while. But that leaves me as the only representative of Project Apocalypse coming (yes, I am still coming, barring acts of God or parents [listed in descending order of likeliness]). Our costumes are finished, and I must say I'm pleased with how they turned out. Thanks for the tips and help on them, everybody!

17. WebsJedi

Aug 26, 2002
    Ah, where are we all meeting -before- we have to line up? I don't thinking saying, "Oh, just meet us down there" is such a hot idea....

-Webs

18. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    I PM'd her about that (I was terribly confused). She said she'd post tonight with directions and miscellaneous intinerary stuff.

Are you guys doing anything special to your costumes for the parade? Any extra green anywhere?

19. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    hey guys......sorry for the delay its been crazy.........everyone check your emails or the yahoo group I am posting specifics there now..thanks for your patience..........
    Strawbary

20. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Wow. That was great. I just got home, and I must say that that was one of the most fun things I've done. It was great meeting the people from Miagara Falls and Buffalo (the scout costume was great!) Probably my favorite thig was when me and Kevin, one of the "Crazy Canucks" (as they labeled themselves), started doing an Irish jig ;) Seeing Jake (or was it Jay?) get... well, I'll let him tell (I've seen him here a few times).

*Rushes off to YJN boards for pie conversations ;))

21. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Oh no!! Not PIE!!!!!

22. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, yes. Pie.

:D

23. LadySith22

LadySith22 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I had a great time yesterday! Thanks again for inviting us! It was fun to meet everyone!!! ANd your Irish Jig was beautiful and caught on tape! :D
    Once we get everything copied we'll be sure to send you guys a copy of your own!!!

Mindy

24. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    I was going to ask about that. If you want, I can send in a blank tape for my own copy.

Unfortunately, we didn't get a single word mentioned in the paper, and we weren't on TV. The guy in duct tape drag got more publicity than we did... and I quote: "An antiwar message was subdued." Start of the second paragraph from the bottom on page B-7 of the Post-Standard, for those of us in Syracuse that get that paper.

25. Kazama

Kazama Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2001
    Hihi!
    Yesterday was awesome! Thanx again for the invite, and putting up with us ^_^, hope to see you guys soon!

///_~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.