main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC StalCon I Oct. 14-15th 2005 :)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Grand_Moff_Stallion, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    So here's the deal,

This orgianlly started out as a party to celebrate the following things:
    • Getting my "new" job (that's now so old, the honeymoon's over [face_laugh])

• My birthday

• My longest residence in at least 10 years

• The longest owner of my rescued dog.

• [image=http://www.geocities.com/chlillie/Bear.jpg]
    But then I realized I had a lot of the GS on my invite list, I figured why not make it a convention in the tradition of SlackerCon: No guests, no panels, no registration. Just a bunch of nerds getting together to drink (milk and tea, of course ;) ).

Now since my actual birthday is on the 14th, I also decided to take Eugenia's comment about C3 to heart and have an evening where we could all get together for dinner somwhere. Thus an actual two day "convention" was born.

So, Friday we'd meet for dinner somwhere cool (I haven't figured out those details, yet), and then saturday night would be the party at my place (costume optional). PM me with your e-mail addy (if I don't have it already) if you think you'd be interested. See you there! :)

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Sweet! Now, to come up with a costume.....

3. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    I was planning on going as a fan girl again.

4. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Cool! I've inspired someone anyway :p

As for costuming... I think I'll go as Ken, but ONLY if I can convince Crystal to go as Eugenia. I just hope no one else wears the same costume.

5. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Depends on work and money right now...since I may be leaving Best Buy (I will find out tomorrow if I'm giving them the boot) my weekends will free up remarkably...now I'm just wondering if I should bring Jeremy along...what do you think Wendy? Should I introduce Jeremy to the madness before or after Chiller?? Hmmmmm.... *ponders wonderfully evil thoughts*

Sarah

6. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Well that is up to you Sarah, he isn't meeting me until I go to Chiller Con since I'm not returning to the DC area until Xmas time. October is WAY too busy for me with finals coming up and costumes to make. 8-}

7. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    I will be coming to the Saturday evening party- I look forward to seeing everyone there!

8. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    So, Saturday they're coming to paint my front door. Gotta love condo life. Which means that either Ken or I must sit home and literally watch paint dry because you can't close the door until it's done. (sure hope it's not cold that day) We're hoping to get it done early in the morning, so we can both make it to Saturday night fun but otherwise, at least one of us will come.

Watching paint dry instead of a GS party. How sad.

9. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

Well you could always have a "watching paint dry" party. Hey after having a Cheesesteak party, you can make a party out of anything now. ;)

10. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Okay, if more people come to a paint drying party than mine, someone's going to have to have me put down. [face_laugh]

11. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

I doubt that will happen Charles. ;)

12. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    :_| at this point because I'm not working I can't make it down...just really not enough money. I looked at my bank account to add up everything I spent to and from DC and I really just can't do that right now. I'm sorry Chas....

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Stupid painters.

14. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    What happened now Eugenia?

15. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, the painters never came, until I had to leave to go on Kid Duty. THEN they show up - excuses, excuses. People made them paint their doors first, blah blah blah. Well, I called ahead of time like we were supposed to, but that apparently meant nothing. No one showed up until AFTER I threw a fit to the condo board president. Coincidence? I doubt it.

So, I get to spend NEXT Saturday morning waiting around. I have plans too, so if they don't show by 9 am, I may paint my door myself. In a non-approved color. THAT will get someone here, I tell you.

And, hey, did my management company ever return the nasty message I left? Nope.

So, my big apologies for missing the fun on Saturday. Life's a bit crazed these days. I'm hoping for some balance soon.

Ha.

16. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    So now their going to be painting this coming Saturday? :(

Well I'll harrass the Amish for you as I make my pilgrimage to the motherland this weekend. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.