main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Star by Star," by Troy Denning [Del Ray, 2001]

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature Review Forum' started by Errant_Venture, Apr 10, 2005.

?

"Star by Star," by Troy Denning [Del Ray, 2001]

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. 10 (Excellent)

69.6%
  2. 9

12.5%
  3. 8

5.4%
  4. 7

1.8%
  5. 6 (Average)

0.9%
  6. 5 (Average)

3.6%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 (Poor)

6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I give it a nine..

2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Well, this book pretty much lived up to all of the hype I've heard about it over the years. What a story and a true turning point in the NJO and the war with the Vong. Things I liked: The Barabel Jedi (and their sissing), Luke finally deciding to take the war to the Vong, the YVH droids, Borsk Fey'lya actually getting to be likable for once and his own noble sacrifice, more hints of Vergere's nature and her first meeting with Jacen, and of course Anakin's death.

If there is a downside to the book, I thought that the Myrkr mission was a bit disorienting at times and a little too drawn out. But that's only a minor complaint for this excellent book.

R.I.P. Anakin.

9.8/10

3. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    I really hate sad books. I have to admit that I found out what it was about before it was published and due to the tragic times we were in in the real world at that time, I merely skimmed it to save myself further burden as Anakin was my favorite EU character. Skimmed, it wasn't so bad and I got the gist of the story - later I read a complete synopsis so I could continue on with NJO and not be out of the loop. I'll probably never read it word for word, why hurt myself? I just placed Denning on my &%*&$# list and carried on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.