main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] "as silent stars pay witness", UDC5 - COMPLETE on 9/29/10!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    ?as silent stars pay witness?

Genre:
    General
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Everywhere
    Characters: Everyone

Summary: Drabbles for the UDC5 set within the Star Trek reboot universe. :)

Notes: Alrighty, this year I am taking on both Star Wars and Star Trek at the same time! This may be delusions of grandeur, but for now I am pumped up and ready to go . . . [face_dancing]

Disclaimter:
    Nothing is mine, but for the words. :)

[b][u]Week One:[/b][i] ?Legend's a Painful Birth, So they Say?[/i][/u]

[b]001. Doctor[/b]

McCoy is granted the title of Chief Medical Officer in a flurry of blood and triage medicine. It's a frantic genesis, one filled with too many casualties in too little time . . . the [i]Enterprise's[/i] maiden voyage was filled with more bad cases than he had seen since his first internship in emergency medicine at Harkin's General. His hands are slippery with too many things to name, and his eyes are sharp with the pain of those around him as he bitterly reflected that he was a Doctor before an officer . . . but even that wasn't enough to prepare him for [i]this. [/i]

[b]002. Companion[/b]

Hours after Nero's defeat, Kirk thinks that he understands what true exhaustion is.

When Spock spoke ? voice cold, but concerned - he had trouble focusing on the other man's words. Something about rest and what not . . . He knew he'd have to stand and make it to McCoy eventually, but he didn't realize he'd have just that much trouble. When he got to his feet, a multitude of injuries decided to make themselves known, and before he knew what was happening, he was toppling forward.

A second later, he felt a hand at his elbow, sure and strong, keeping him upright.

[b]003. Time[/b]

?So, what's the prognosis, doc?? In McCoy's opinion, Pike's voice was too ridiculously chipper for a man just coming out of a hostage situation, and an even more recent surgery. His eyes were piercing, wholly unaffected by the slew of drugs in his veins.

McCoy frowned at the Captain's question, his eyes troubled as he looked down at the PADD in his hands. He had been able to remove the alien feasting on the other man's brain stem, but the spinal chord had been severely damaged . . .

?Will I walk again??

Blinking his eyes wearily he sighed, ?Only time will tell.?

[b]004. Space[/b]

The [i]Enterprise[/i] only picks up thirty-two shuttles from the debris strewn space where Vulcan used to be.

After the end of the disaster - she can't yet bring herself to call it a day saved - Nyota checked the casualties list from the other Federation ships, her eyes searching out one name.

[i]Gaila, Gaila, Gaila . . .[/i]

Her breath caught in her throat as she tapped on her friend's name to read the specifics of the report . . . Fires on the Engineering deck, others saved for what was given in return . . .

Suddenly completely overwhelmed, Nyota bowed her head, and tried her best to blink back tears.

[b]005. Dimensions[/b]

By the gamma shift's end, McCoy had fallen into a routine in patching up the crew; a routine made that much easier by the enthusiasm that sank into the officers with the knowledge of a mission done; a day saved. Under his hands, the potency of the life that he was urging on was something particularly beautiful, reminding him why he entered this field in the first place.

And when, hours later, the new Scottish engineer sympathetically passed him a flask of aged Romulan ale, he thinks that he may start to like this ship . . . Just a little bit, anyway.

[b]~MJ [/b] [face_rose]

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi!

Didn't you have a Trek thingamajig called Far to Go? o_O I never forget things like that [face_laugh]

Wonderful wonderful set!!!!!!

I have a question about Gaila in particular for my series of letters so I will shoot you an e-mail about it. [face_worried] Yikes!

~

Of this set, Space and Companion were my faves -- brother in times of distress -- none beats my angel darling Spock [face_love] [face_love]

[:D]

Please put me on the PM train for this nummy!

Squee!

3. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    001. Doctor- His hands are slippery with too many things to name
    Vivid image, mira. well done. I could feel the charged, manic, tagedy of sickbay in this piece.

002. Companion- A second later, he felt a hand at his elbow, sure and strong, keeping him upright.
    Kirl would be exhausted no doubt. I'm glad Spock is there to see him off to Bones.

003. Time- His eyes were piercing, wholly unaffected by the slew of drugs in his veins. I like how you potrayed Pike's clarity and alertness even in the face of all he had been through. And the drugs. :p

004. Space- The Enterprise only picks up thirty-two shuttles from the debris strewn space where Vulcan used to be.
    Ah, the red herring. :mad: But a job well done. In only 100 words you made me hope she survived, then told me she didn't. Masterful.

005. Dimensions- Under his hands, the potency of the life that he was urging on was something particularly beautiful, reminding him why he entered this field in the first place.
    It's good to see Bones encouraged. I like that he can take pride in a job well done. And that he can see how his work has a positive affect on the crew.

Great start, Mira. I look forward to more...:D

4. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    I think I liked Time the best!

But Compainion was good too!

5. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    For the curious: Mira's previous ST Drabble Thread. (And Jade_eyes? Oh yes. It IS hard to forget that one. ;) )

And as I'm over my trek avoidance... (which isn't a long story but until the 2009 movie, I hadn't watched anything Trek since the first season of Enterprise...)... Reivew!!!! (And I'd love PM's, Mira.)

Doctor: McCoy both needed a breather and a break... and trial by fire? Eeeep.

Companion: When the adrenaline finally wears off and there's no third wind... what's left? A helping hand!

Time: Loved this look at Pike. Wanting to know if walking's possible, like at all, or if...

Space: :_|

Dimensions: Scotty with the ale! Awesomeness, right there with the stress relief.

Good drabbles. :)

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awesome drabbles!! I especially love the McCoy ones :D

Space was so sad!! :( Gaila was only in the movie for a bit, but I raelly liked her.

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to leave their thoughts!! [:D]

Jade_eyes: You have to know that those are my faves as well . . . for obvious reasons. :p Thanks for jumping on this ride with me again. [:D]

DaenaBenJen42: Another familiar!! It's so good to see you here. [:D] And thanks for the link [face_blush] and the review. As always, I appreciate and value your thoughts. :)

Brodiew: It's so good to see you here for this round! [:D] Thanks, as always, for the break-down. ;) :D

HelloKelly: Thanks! :D

NYCityGurl: Thank-you! [:D]

~MJ @};-

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This week actually started as a rather long viggie detailing Spock's childhood, and the repercussions of raising someone with human blood in a Vulcan atmosphere. (After all, he couldn't get everything right over night). It also compared the Vulcan tradition of bonding their children for marriage instead of a more traditional route. It may still be written . . . someday. ;)

Anyway, enjoy! :)

[u][b]Week Two[/b]: [i]?String we two Together?[/i][/u]

[b]006. Island[/b]

Spock is told about his impending bonding to T'Pring a month before his seventh birthday.

Prior, he had known of its possibility ? the subject had been a terse and heated one between his parents as of late ? and he had thought himself uncaring as to the outcome until it was actually upon him. Upon hearing the news, he was silent, while inside there was a peculiar sensation coiling in his stomach ? a sensation akin to butterflies, restless and hopeful and so very human that he couldn't breathe with the hope of it.

Maybe . . . maybe now he would really have a friend.

[b]007. Survival[/b]

The day of the bonding, Amanda drew him aside and offered him one last chance to back out. For his people, this ritual hinged on their survival. For humans, marriage was something felt before properly understood ? an attachment of feelings first and foremost.

He didn't back out though, instead focusing on the cool feel of T'Pring's hands in his as the Elder bound them together. When the last incantation was mumbled, he felt a faint hum in his mind where they were joined . . . It was . . . silent. Very silent . . . cold, almost.

As soon as she stood, she dropped her hands from his.

[b]008. Lost [/b]

Over the years, he didn't find precisely the friend in T'Pring he had imagined. When, in his eleventh year, after the . . .incident at the academy with Sto'ik and his companions . . . he received a communication from T'Pring

?Spock, I am aware of today's events.? Her eyes flicked briefly over the dried blood on his lips, before coming to rest on his own. He fought the urge to fidget.

?And I request that you do better to control yourself in future circumstances. I was most disadvantageously distracted from my studies.?

He was numb as he muttered, ?Of course, T'Pring.?

She nodded once before her image winked away.

[b]009. Other[/b]

?The instructors are competent, and the courses challenging,? he was finishing his recapping of his first day of classes in Starfleet.

?I approve of the curriculum,? T'Pring said neutrally.

?There are several botanical courses,? he hesitated to venture. ?You would be a prized researcher here.?

?I am content in my chosen field.?

?At Starfleet you could . . .? [i]be with me.[/i]

He fell silent, and wondered why he tried so hard. She was content with their odd not-a-friendship, and would continue to be content with an absentee marriage. He was . . . he was not, he realized.

?Yes?? she prompted.

?It is not important.?

[b]010. Flashback[/b]

Spock meets Nyota Uhura a year into his professorship. There had been an attraction there, but in the end he had been faithful everywhere but for within his thoughts . . . where he was linked completely to T'Pring.

When he found himself approaching a precipice in his relationship with Nyota, T'Pring was the one who suggested breaking the bond between them.

And when Vulcan fell away in the stars before him, he felt what was left of her in his mind flare up and fade away. He felt something suspiciously like grief at the sensation; buried under the whole of his emotions, but still it was [i]there[/i], bewildering and bittersweet within his mind.

[b]~MJ [/b] [face_rose]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

I'll try not to -- ahem!

Island -- beautiful use of the prompt here. =D= You have the whole Vulcan psyche down to an art.

Survival -- wonderful -- I can see Amanda doing that.

Lost -- Ysanne isn't the only Ice Heart in the galaxies is she? o_O :p

(I'm going to use that line by the way, it's too fun!)

Other -- who would want an absentee marriage with anyone but particularly with sweetie? :D

Flashback -- hmmm. Grief over what? Connected with her that is? The rest is obvious. :(

Oh, yes, i'm definitely going to have to work up a convo and other thing surrounding the whole T'Pring thingy -- and it will have flashes of hotness to rival CelseteAntola's latest Love Song Roulette response -- that thing steamed up the entire room!

Squee!

I held off, I really did!

LOL

I'm so glad you posted this before you left because I could NOT have waited!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGGLES HUGGLES!

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    another Master at Star Trek drabbles. I like them=D==D=

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, I really feel bad for Spock, wanting a friend with the bonding and getting someone who isn't even sad to lose him.

12. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    those are great :D
    can't say which one I like best

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes: lol!! You know that I love inspiring mush from you - and the added bonus of the ice-heart line has me really interested. lol!! [face_laugh] And yep, the grief is more of a loss of a life - a life that could of been very close to his own - rather than particular affections. :) Everything else kinda magnified and overwhelmed that, though. :)

earlybird-obi-wan: Why thank-you! It's good to see you over here. :)

NYCitygurl
    : I know. Yikes. :(

Maggy: Thanks for stopping in to read! :D

~MJ @};-

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    For week three, you have a grab bag of stuff, seeing as how my muse couldn't decide on just one theme. [face_laugh]

Enjoy! [:D]

[u][b]Week Three[/b]: [i]?the feel of the spaces between stars?[/i][/u]

[b]11. Far[/b]

The new Vulcan home is even harsher than the first. The planet, the first by the system's sun was warmer and dryer than Vulcan, with thinner air and bouts of violent seasonal storms that were so unlike his childhood home. In an illogical moment, he noted that the air wasn't was sweet; the wind not as soft.

With his next step, he gently kicked up a plume of dust from the barren ground. The red sand bloomed before the stark sunlight. For a moment, it seemed to shine like jewels in the light.

Around him, his people continued to rebuild.

[b]012. Prisoners[/b]

?This. Is. All. Your. Fault.?

?Now, Bones, is that a superior-officer-friendly tone??

?All. Your. Fault.?

? . . . I've no idea what you're talking about.?

?Really?? Well, let me fill you in. We're tied to a tree, Jim. A [i]tree[/i]!! There are drums ? and dancing, and, if my Muhuhrii is translating right ? we just may be dinner.?

? . . . it could be worse.?

?A damn [i]tree[/i]!!!?

?Oh, c'mon and lighten up, Bones! You know we'll be rescued any second now.?

Silence.

A minute passed.

?Really, any time now . . .?

?Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor! Not dinner!?

The drums grew distressingly louder.

? . . . any second.?

[b]013. Peacekeepers[/b]

Jim sat back in the Captain's chair, his eyes flickering from the man on his left to the man on his right as they bickered.

?Doctor, clearly your reasoning is off. Logic would dictate -?

?Logic? I'll give you [i]logic[/i], you green-blooded -?

Jim glanced over at Spock, who was blinking in surprise. (No doubt the Vulcan had gleaned some interesting things from the rather loud thoughts the doctor was projecting.)

?Gentleman,? he finally broke into the argument, his tone chastising . . . even as his mind baffled over the fates that would have [i]him[/i] playing peacekeeper between [i]these[/i] two.

?Seriously, who's the mature one here?? he questioned out loud.

[b]014. Uncharted[/b]

Nyota was awakened one night at a truly ridiculous hour by a persistent hand tapping her shoulder. Pointed grumbling and sleepy pleading did naught to dissuade her assailant, and she snapped open annoyed eyes to find Spock waiting expectantly beside her. At the back of her mind his consciousness was brimming with affection and . . . anxiousness? Impatience?

Giddy, her mind finally decided on. Her Vulcan was [i]giddy[/i].

?Come, there is something I wish for you to see.?

She went to follow him when he said: ?Your eyes must be closed.?

Bemused by a side of him she had yet to see, she acquiesced.

[b]015. Scape[/b]

?Spock, where are we?? she laughed as he gently guided her through the corridors.

?You shall see.? His smile grew as he reached over to gently remove her hands from her eyes. ?Look,? he implored.

He had led her to a vacant observation deck whose expanse was awash in a sea of flame and blazing white-gold light . . . Around them was the ancient fire of a comet, whose path had brought it right by the hull of the [i]Enterprise[/i].

?Stunning,? she breathed; awed.

?Yes, quite,? Spock agreed, even as his eyes rested solely on her, bathed as she was in starlight and gold.

[b]~MJ [/b] [face_rose]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Far -- ah my boo :*

Prisoners -- oops! [face_worried] ;)

Peacekeepers -- classic in any time.

uncharted -- Hee! only my angel could get away with that i.e. waking her up like that.

Scape -- Squee!!!!

And Nyota proceeds to unwrap him with her eyes and hands, kissing him and whispering "Mine, all mine! Every last delectable morsel!"

And he thinks back "Sweeter than melted chocolate" as he gives a kiss, a nibble, and a lick here and there.

Oh, Miranda, you and Ceillean are corrupting me!!!! LOL

I just .... Squggles!!!!!

Squggles!!!!!

Squggles!!!!

Yum!!!!

Now I can't -- foot, I'm going to have to do this up!!!!!

Gonna send this itty bitty to you by e-mail to see what you think!!!!!

Huggles!

As ginchy shine is to L&M, Ceil and Mira are to Je's naughtier hotter side

[face_love]

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That was great!! The second one is my favorite - I love Bones :D

17. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mags -- there just isn't anything hotter than Spock in love -- and she's so lovable anyhow and so gorgeous, funny and smart -- and he's so -- =P~ =P~ =P~

OK, I'll stop. LOL

19. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] ROFL!!! [face_laugh][face_laugh]
    you not just happen to like - no let me say that stronger - love Spock do you?

8-}
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    As Tenel Ka so aptly puts it: This is a fact.

[face_love]

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes: lol!!! Hey, as much as we . . . inspire you. [face_mischief] You do us - the added scene in the e-mail = rapture!!!! [face_love] [face_dancing]

Erm . . . yeah. [face_whistling]

NYCityGurl: That's a favorite of mine as well - it was a hoot to write! :D

Maggy: Yep, you're too right about Vulcan. :( And yet . . . our boy is most definitely whipped. [face_love]

Jade & Maggy: OMG, I was laughing so hard! You guys are a trip! [:D]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Week Four: ?would you? could you? tell me dear . . .?

016. Smart

Two weeks rooming with Kirk revealed that the kid was an unparalleled flirt. After meeting five different girls (and the twins) in just that two week's time, he was glad to meet commonsense in the form of Nyota Uhura.

Sure, he understood Jim's attraction on a base level - the girl was all unending legs, with dark as space eyes, and a voice that could wrap beautifully around a man's name - but, it was easy to feel the 'do not touch' vibe she dangerously exuded.

?If the girl's smart,? McCoy cautioned, ?she'll file a sexual harassment charge and be done with you.?

017. 99

?Janice, Matilda, Cassandra, Lydia, Celeste, Karen, Nikki, Rose, Lily, Cheri, Jennifer, Nadine, Kelsey, Tanya, Elaine, Amari, Elanor, Lynette, Callie, Anne, Kate, Tamera, Kara, Callie, Marianne, Elizabeth, Tia, Kyleigh, Briana, Carolina, Amati, Isabelle, Alice, Mina, Lucy, Mary, Oran, Silva, Linda, Mai, Paige, Luna, Halley, Brittany, Alicia, Stacie, Jasmine, Myra, Allie, Cynthia, Loraine, Layla, Jocelyn, Zola, Eve, Bridget, Carissa, Leona, Payton, Aaliyah, Diana, Cebe, Nichole, Sarah, Liz, Sadie, Fleur, Haida, Bridget, Lacy, Marsha, Christine, Meg, Antoinette, Luiciana, Emily, Willow, Drucilla, Tifa, Marie, Jean, Kitty, Emma, Wanda, Lorelei, Monique, Jeanette, Teri, Adriana, Josephine, Carly, Juliana, Aileen, Kyra, Lee, Nadia, Sierra, Debbie . . . Zoe??

?Kirk!!?

018. Chief

Gaila's 'Operation: Hook Nyota Up!!' hit a snag when her friend seemed to be uninterested in any guy that was pushed her way.

She tried everything, too! From the strapping security oriented cadets (Emerson ? dark as soot skin and blue eyes and yum!!) to the sensitive intellectuals (Peter ? lean and a marble hued sort of pale and exquisite). She had even gone exotic ? Yio'ry was a stunning specimen in her Interspecies Ethics class who hailed from Rimraw; and Xandu even descended from the nobility of Zafred ? and sweet Okeon, the way he could move . . .

Just what exactly was she missing?

019. Agents

?So . . . where are you really going??

?I told you, the sensor labs.?

?Sure . . . And my priceless, vintage, Kimodian leather boots are needed for the sensor labs why . . .?

?Please, just forget I said anything, Gaila.?

?Oh, I'm not saying no - you have amazing legs, and it's about time you wear something to showcase that - I just want these babies to be used properly!?

?Properly??

?My dear, these Louvre-worthy-boots are agents of seduction. They are not meant to be shoved under a lab desk!?

A moment passed.

?So . . . you aren't going to the sensor labs?? Gaila tried again.

Nyota smiled shyly. ?Well . . . not only.?

020. Shoe

Amanda Grayson had always considered herself to be a sharp woman.

So, when her communications with her son grew distracted and his topics redundant, she began to suspect. And if seeing Spock's pretty TA answering the comm a time or two (perfectly logical, her son assured) wasn't clue enough, the beautifully crafted scarlet Kimodian leather boot left behind in her son's quarters were all the proof she needed.

There had been a woman here. (One with exquisite taste, at that.)

Pleased, Amanda sat back and watched as her son tried his best to talk about anything other than what she had seen.

~MJ @};-

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love Amanda!! The first was my favorite, but 99 was really, really clever.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Smart and 99 [face_laugh] [face_laugh] If those were notches on the belt, how many belts would that take up? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Chief -- heeheehee! Those guys sound interesting and certainly ... original LOL but Nyota's already taken

[face_dancing]

Agents & Shoe

"Not only" says a lot [face_dancing]

And the shoe -- left in haste ;) and taken off in ... a ... distracted or other kind of moment

Sighs with delight!

Funny how Nyota went from don't bother me to all and sundry to it's morning already -- ROFL ROFL -- on second thought, it's not *funny* at all! [face_love] [face_love]

Squee!

Squee!

25. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.