main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Star Wars Battlefront

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MysterySith, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Don't worry Alan...hopefully there won't be any falling in Battlefront :p hehe

2. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Mine's preordered for X-Box, and Live is all ready to go. I even hooked up with a few online groups already(mature ones too).

The game is gonna rock, if the demo is any indication. Me and my wife have been playing the X-Box demo for the past few days and having a blast.

3. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Meri, LMAO. I totally forgot about that...with good reason.

4. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    "Mysterysith falls to his death"

LMAO

Alright.. heres something I dug up from the archieves...

Back in the days when Me, Meri, Rich Kopacz, Dion and Will played Jedi Outcast... (I think Alan logged off after he fell to his death for the 100th time.. LOL)

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/jedi-temple/Journal/Images/IM001907.jpg (Copy and paste or else it wont work)

In that picture i JUST SO happened to have been beating Rich that night..But Dion just killed me LOL

5. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Yeah, I gave up after falling to my death over and over, as well not even liking the game that much.

Hopfully I will get along with battlefront a whole lot better. If not, SWG is where I am, crafting away as usual. Anyone need some clothes?

6. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    LMAO

I forgot about Disco Lando, and Disco Spidey and.....

Alan, dont feel to bad, I used to fall to my death, get crused, blown up etc etc

7. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Seems most places are selling it for 49.99.

Best buy: 42.99

That is where i will be buying my copy :)

8. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    I'll be playing on Xbox Live. Who here will be on Xbox Live with Battlefront?

My GamerTag: XenoSphere

Send me a friend request. [face_love]

9. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Picked up my reserved copy from Gamestop today and got my free bonus Scout Trooper figure with it. :D

I'll be on X-Box. Gamertag: LordofMayhem

10. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I picked this up today. Seems like it was rushed to production so LFL could tie in its release with the DVD mania. It's a decent game and I'd like to try multiplayer... anyone up for it?

11. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    If my pc can support it, I will get it next week

12. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    Kill the Ewoks, kill the Eeeeewoks, kill the --- wait, I'm a Rebel!

13. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
  14. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    I ordered my copy from the Star Wars shop. It still hasn't arrived.

I'm gonna want to go through single player for a bit before I get a multiplayer server going. Y'know, get a lay of the land, figure out the basics, etc...

And I ordered it as a next-day delivery! Oy...

- Johnny

15. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Alrighty... the purple jedi has her copy...

...but has no space on her hard drive for it... *cry* Between SWG,The sims 2, and Beta testing SWG: Jump to Lightspeed.... Theres just no room! But i'll move things around you know i'll make it fit :p

16. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    I've been playing SWG less and less, now I'm on no more than an hour a night (and I don't go on every night anymore). Everyone's becoming a Jedi and I find the game less enjoyable now.

Let me know when you have Battlefront up and running; I want to start servers again like we did with Outcast.

17. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Hehehehe. This game is fun, I'll miss the lightsaber from Outcast, but shooting gungans and ewoks is the best LOL I went on a killing spree this morning before going to work :D I think Will might have a problem getting me off his computer (lord knows my craptop wont be able to cope :( ).

18. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Been playing this game and I have to say that the best vehicle has got to be the LAAT. Also, is it wrong to get a warm-fuzzy feeling when one shoots a gungan on a kaadu with the main gun of your TF tank? and should I feel guilty for deriving un-ending pleasure from shooting ewoks with an AT-ST?

"Die you fuzzy little Bastard!!!"

<BANG>

"Ayyeeeeyahhhhh!!!" (as ewoks involuntarily fly through the air) :D

19. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    I must agree with Will here that this game was put together VERY fast.

They need some of the people working on SWG to work on this... cause the graphics.. mine are all the way up and ive seen better.

Not a bad game... just they coulda spent more time on it.

20. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    Everything is cartoonish looking. The Wookiees look like Playskool Chewie.

And where's the regular Fleet Trooper infantry?! I don't want to have to carry around a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher (and then scramble for more rockets while getting peppered with E-11 fire) to dress like an RFT. I want my ice cream scoop helmet AND my DH-17! :D

Also, I would have liked to see character body and face customization a la SWG (or better yet, Uru: Ages Beyond Myst).

21. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I have had my copy for a few days, but have yet to install it. I will definately get to it this weekend.

I've been playing SWG less and less, now I'm on no more than an hour a night (and I don't go on every night anymore). Everyone's becoming a Jedi and I find the game less enjoyable now

Same here. I could not agree more. I go on for an hour or 2 a night, just to craft, load factories, vendors and maintain all my buildings, and to see how many credits I made for the day.

22. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I can't believe how much fun this game is!!!

It's so cool. I have been playing as the Republic, and there is lots of nice EU stuff there for me to enjoy (Defense of Kamino was one of the best issues of DHC Republic ever - a big issue as was #50) - Rhen Var first appeared in the last series of TOTJ - "Redemption" and was a great story, very dramatic and a good solid SW story. And there is also a Ep III location too!

Cool game, been playing on PS2 (no internet), but have for PC (which is my internet connection).

Cool stuff!

23. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    Kashyyyk does not look like it's been portrayed in the EU. Where are the wroshyr trees and the mile-high cities? I didn't think Wookiees would venture down far enough to the ground to have beachfront property...

24. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Well, most planets have oceans or seas, so it's not a stretch for Kashyyyk to have some--and since the Wookiees are a resourceful species I think it'd make sense for them to take advantage of living down close to water where it exists. Plenty of fishing, you know. ;)

25. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Yeah Will - that seems to be a blunder or just GL messing with EU again - as this is the Kashyyyk you will see soon enough. However, it has been said on several places recently - I think Republic Commando game - that there are parts of Kashyyyk, where the forest levels out near the sea or lagoons. Kashyyyk still has continents so at some point the forest will hit the sea - I think one source says that where it does the trees still cover over head and the seas are more marshy underworlds.
    Kashyyyk appeared in several early sources (the classic newstrips, Marvel comic series, and a book called the Wookiee Storybook for example ... and the horrible Holiday Special too lol, though the background plates seem to be from a similar source to the Wookiee Storybook), and I believe that it was GL himself who gave these sources their visual inspiration (with help of Ralph McQuarrie- he told the writers what Chewie's homeworld would have looked like, as it was the original idea that the wookiees would fight the Empire in ROTJ. Since Chewie was established as more civilised than the needed primitive culture to defeat the technological menace of the Empire, GL invented the Ewoks (and SW fandom rejoice ... well not lol).

Anyways, I don't mind what LFL are doing for Kashyyyk, a planet with 100% landmass covered in trees wouldn't work - there has to be some exposed water to feed those huge trees. This is part of the Wookiee landscape, I think that GL still intends for most of the planet to be how it was first envisioned by him and Ralph. Also, if you see the ewoks and Wookiees as somewhat related - go look at the Ralph McQuarrie and KJ Anderson book about the worlds of SW, as they have the forest ewoks and the ones that live by lakes - nice buildings, you can see such villages on Endor in SWG. Kashyyyk now has several different locations - seen in KOTOR (the main inhabited bit) and the locations seen in Republic Commando and Battlefront. It looks good to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.