main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars Celebration IV

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Per Steve Sansweet: DO NOT MISS the Opening Ceremonies on Friday night. It'll be one of those talked-about events of the show. There will be around 8,000 seats available, so just about anyone who wants to attend should be able to get in. That means you shouldn't have to start lining up hours in advance. The mayor of L.A. and OTHERS will be there. C-U-There!

2. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    They will be releasing a list of the 50+ items being sold at the Celebration Store very soon. For CIII, they published a .pdf file on the SW site that showed pictures of all the items. You can get a hard copy at the show inside your program guide. Last time, I printed out the file with its pictures and descriptions and made my own personal shopping list.

To give you an idea of what may be available, here's a partial list of items and prices from CIII:

CIII Darth Vader Action Figure $15
    Foam Head Topper Set $30
    Badge set w/Commemorative Wooden Case $75+
    Commemorative CIII Tee $20
    Framed Set of Pins $80
    CIII Lanyard $5
    Stadium Blanket $55
    CIII Coat $64
    CIII Commemorative Baseball Hat (Red or Black) $16
    Kid?s Toon Tee $13
    Knit Cap $16
    Commemorative CIII Sweatshirt $33
    Epic Poster $14
    Darth Vader Poster $14
    Picture-Changing Lenticular Water Bottle $10
    Disposable Camera $13
    Commemorative CIII Key Chain $6
    Star Case for Action Figure $3
    Antique Gumball Machine (Yoda or Darth Vader) $20
    Bobble Heads (Yoda & Darth Vader) $12
    Vinyl Checkbook $7
    Backpack $35
    CIII Coasters, set of 4 $16
    Program Book $5
    Fiber Optics Darth Vader Baseball Hat $18
    Toon Tee $20

Happy shopping!

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Thanks, I'll wait for the list, if it's much the same I'll prob give it a miss as there isn't anything worth waiting for on that list. [face_thinking] Will make a final decision when they finally release the info.

4. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    An exhibitor/panelist/diorama builder is requesting some assistance from any Wednesday CIV attendees. This is not a vendor or anyone in the store. Anyway, we're looking for 3-5 people people that can help unload a truck (shouldn't be anything too heavy) and set up tables and displays in a 100x100 foot space in the Fan Fair Hall. If anyone can offer an hour or two to help, it would be appreciated -- even if it only means helping out between episodes of the Movie Marathon or during your "less favorite" films (*cough*PhantomMenace*cough*).

I'm not sure if we can get folks in who don't have a ticket for the Movie Marathon, but I can check, if you're interested and don't already have a ticket, that is. It would only mean entry into the display area though, not the Marathon screenings.

Let me know if you're interested in helping out and I can get back to you with details. Oh yeah, it should be really cool and fun! Thanks!

5. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I'd love to but unfortunately I can't escape work that day. :_|

6. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    YAY! I got my grant check! [face_dancing]

Now I just need a way to get there and I'm all set!

Nine days to go...YIKES!

7. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    News from Master Replicas here some fall out from Corgi/MR & LFL ending their agreement at the end of this year. Apparetnly they wont even have a booth at C-IV this year.

Good News the official schedule is begining to come out. Part One Here

8. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Yeah for you Cara. That's great. Looking forward to seeing you there.

9. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    [face_worried] ...but I still need a ride! EEP!

10. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    we plan to leave on Tuesday for the hotel that we got. Wanted to be near for the movie marathon. Still don't know yet about when to bring the car?

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Schedule Part II is here

Note that this will be in the C-IV program that you can buy when you get there if you dont want to print the silly format they are in.

Sweet free Clone Wars Poster will be given away too! Details here As i wont be there on Sunday if someone can please pick me up one of these I would be very grateful. [:D]

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Update - C-IV Store here

Part III of Schedule here

13. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Got 'em! My hotel room is also confirmed! [face_dancing]

Five days until departure.:) WHEE! *falls over from happiness*[face_laugh]

14. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Just so everybody knows, Delta1138 is now my hero! He will be staying at my house and taking care of my herd of animutts while I'm at C-IV. All of my normal pet-sitters are going out of town this weekend and I was startin' to stress out!

The pups will be staying at a friends house. This lady actually has more dogs than I do. :eek: What's 6 more??

So, thank you, thank you, thank you Delta!!!!! [:D] I hope you and your dad get to come down and geek out with us at least one of the days!

15. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Good on yer Delta! =D=

6 more dogs! yikes!

16. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006

Sweet free Clone Wars Poster will be given away too! Details here As i wont be there on Sunday if someone can please pick me up one of these I would be very grateful. [:D]

[/quote]

I'll see what I can do for you. :D

by the way...does anyone know if there's a charge for autographs by any of the artists? i'm buying a few lithos and wanted their signature as well. aslo adam huges is there which i've got some comics I want signed as well as a statue base. please let me know anyone. thanks.

17. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Finally found out when we are supposed to be there with the car. Tuesday or Wednesday. We are picking Tuesday, because of the movie marathon on Wednesday. Do you have a ride yet, Kara? Yeah, just a few more days.

18. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I asked if anyone knew if you could bring anything to be signed from any of the artists there. i've got some tomb raider stuff I wanted signed from adam hughes.

I also was wondering if there was a limit on the amount of items you wanted to get signed from any one person there. it's a little late to be asking this as i've bought my coupons already but I figure i'd ask anyways.

for example, i'm getting 31 different items signed by jeromy bulloch (boba fett for all of you who aren't into the bounty hunters..ha ha). this is just one person as i've got several to meet with many items each. just curious if anyone knew. I can't imagine they'd care as they're making money.

let me know, thanks...mike

19. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, I don't think there's any limit, per se, as long as you've paid for each individual autograph. I've never seen anyone carry armloads of stuff to be signed, so this should be interesting.

Will you get some funny and (possibly) disgruntled looks from other fans waiting in line behind you? I'd think so, yeah. But, like you said, if you've paid for the autograph, the signer shouldn't have a problem. Just try not to be overwhelming.

I'll be working in the autograph hall during the first shift on Thursday and midday on Sunday. See you there!

20. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Does everyone have everyone else's cell numbers? That's a huge help at these type of events!!!

I'd like to suggest you PM anybody that you need a cell # from!

21. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Did you see the list for the Celebration store? Looks like they'll have the dual pack of the action heroes. So does this mean the Luke one will be at the other store?????

22. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Store? What store??? ;) JK, I'm only planning on buying one thing; the souvenier schedule. :)

Four days to go! Yee-ha! [face_dancing]

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    You get Luke at the Hasbro booth. Info here

24. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Oooh! Many thanks! I'm going to have to really figure out how I can pick these things up before they are all gone!!!

25. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I'll be in the C-IV store on Fan Day from 3-5 or 5-7 cannae remember which time, I can pick a figure up for ya if there isn't a limit. I doubt i'll buy the figures though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.