main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Star Wars collecting, What do you collect?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by orothelous, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orothelous

orothelous Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    I'm just kind of curious what Star Wars stuff everybody collects. I read the Star Wars EU novels like a fiend, I have read about 60 of the 100 something that are written. I also get comic books when I can find them, and I have a bunch of the star wars LEGO models. Oh yeah, and I of course have all the movies and the Clone Wars show on dvd.

So, now that I've shown how big of a Star Wars geek I am, tell me what you collect so I don't feel so nerdy.

2. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    i read the EU as well, and am up to Betrayal, by Aaron Alston. I like his writing. Other than books, i have a couple lightsabers, of course, as well as a jedi outfit and a few toys that random people got me for christmas and otherwise. I dont do much collecting.

3. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    heh heh, here we go:

Star Wars RPG books
    SW Miniatures: Figures
    SW Miniatures: Ships
    Models
    CCG/TCG
    a 12" fig
    bunch o' 3 1/4" figs
    hand full of the books (mostly Timothy Zahn and the "Tales of" books)
    all the movies including Clone Wars
    Soundtracks
    PC and Xbox/Xbox360 SW Games
    Titanium Vech/Ships
    Unleashed figs
    MR Darth Maul Saber
    Rebel Fleet Trooper ad Jedi costumes
    Jango armor(incomplete) and Helmet
    an unfinished lightsaber and Boba Fett replica helmet

..and some random stuff..

4. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    Sweet!

I've been jumping all around the EU universe, I'm currently reading Destiny's Way, in the NJO series working my through it in order.

I forgot I have a homemade Jedi robe, and some hasbro lightsabers, no Master Replica ones yet (some day I will). Oh, and I have some Star Wars christmas ornaments people got me!

Bobbalot, what do you think of the new Legacy novels, I hear they leave the darkness of the NJO behind and go back to more space opera style.

5. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Well so far it isnt as dark as the NJO, im only half into the first book, but it reminds me a lot of the Old Republic and the old order, because Ben is now Jacen's full on apprentice and he pwns. But i generally like it. I just cant wait to see it when Jacen... yeah. If you dont know i wont spoil it :D

6. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    I've heard about it, but I won't mention it so we don't ruin it for anybody else.

7. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    I've just read Alston's NJO novels, but I did like his writing style. He's very funny. Now I want to read his X-wing novels.

8. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Ahhh i started reading Star Wars EU by first reading Truce at Bakura, horrible book. But then i went straight onto the X-Wing Novels by Michale Stackpole, and fell in love with Corran Horn. Awesome character. He wrote the first 5 or so xwing novels, and then Alston wrote a couple more, focusing around Wraith Squadron, instead of Rogue Squadron. And at first i didnt really like his writing because he made Wedge seem different than what i was used to, and different was bad. So i didnt like him at first. But now i do, for whatever reason. Hes good. Xwing books were great, you should read them if you havent yet. They drew me into star wars.

9. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    I started with the Thrawn Trilogy and went from there. Then went and read all the old republic/clone wars era books, and went back towards the NJO. It's kinda hit and miss, some books are bad, some are blah, and some are outstanding. I've grown to like Zahn, Alston, and Stover. I have some of the Xwing books, I've just got to get around to reading them.

10. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    For me, it is the books--used to be the novels but after the NJO I lost interest. So now it is mostly the non-fiction.
    Also, I love the toys. Any of them. :D
    But mostly the action figures. :)
    I also like accessories like bags and watches and stuff and clothing. :D
    And decorations and household items like blankets and pillows.

Okay, I collect just about anything with 'Star Wars' slapped on it. But mostly toys. :p

11. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    So.... hypothetically... If i were to slap a "Star Wars" bumper sticker on my person, you would... collect... me?

12. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    Saw that one coming

13. Maco_Star

Maco_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    I'm hoping to get my armor in Feb...
    [image=http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/mikyl_sandoval_6/RCs4s.jpg]
    New acquisitions to the clone army...
    [image=http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/mikyl_sandoval_6/12-16-06049.jpg]
    Fixer givin' some bug a "close up and personal" view of his 'Deece...
    [image=http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/mikyl_sandoval_6/12-16-06061.jpg]
    Sev is SAVAGE!
    [image=http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/mikyl_sandoval_6/12-16-06051.jpg]
    [image=http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/mikyl_sandoval_6/12-16-06060.jpg]
    Boss and Scorch...Scorch has the best paint job!
    [image=http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/mikyl_sandoval_6/12-16-06053.jpg]

RCbooks and currently reading Bloodlines by Karen Travvis

14. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    A Clone Trooper fan eh? Did you read Triple Zero, and what did you think of it. I read Hard Contact and enjoyed it. I just got the Clone Trooper Attack Squad LEGO set, it comes with 4 clone troopers!

Oh I guess I didn't mention that I try to play a lot of Star Wars video games too. KOTOR is possibly my favorite game ever!

15. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    OMG! Mike! You are alive! :D

Loved the pics. :D

Possibly. [face_thinking]

16. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm pretty exclusive to books and comics. I tried Legos, but I'm running out of room! I've read all the books (except 2 of the Bounty Hunter wars which were HORRIBLE, and a couple more recent ones). The Legacy comics are awesome (#7 is on it's way right now!!!), and I LOVE the X-Wing comics and books. IMO, Starfighters of Adumar is the BEST BOOK EVER. So funny!!! :D

Highlight of collect: complete set of the Glove of Darth Vader series; original Crimson Empire comics. :cool:

I do have a few action figures, but I bought them "in the moment" and definitely want to sell them for what I can. I don't even know what I have, they're just piled in a bag. :p Oh, and I have these large store displays that I can't even find info on. :)

JediFarfy

17. JumpinJax

JumpinJax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2006
    Toys, action figures, comics when I like the subject, costume, prop replicas, books, character-related merchandise of practically no use :) I collect a LOT of stuff, and would love to show this mess off when I host the SARLACC meeting on the 26th :)

18. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    holy crap! there's a SARLAAC meeting on a Friday!! YAY (Mondays suck)

19. Jedi_Master_Johns

Jedi_Master_Johns Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2005
    i gots 60-70 EU models.

I also recently started a new collection a few months ago. Since no other movie has been re-released than the Star Wars movies I've made up my mind to collect every single release of all the star wars movies whether it be DVD, VHS, Betamax, Laserdisc, whatever. I've got some laserdiscs and like 5 VHS box sets thus far. Its kinda intense. I just got the very first VHS release of A New Hope.

and of course Darth Tater.

20. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    I'm enjoying the Legacy comics too, I'm still trying to figure out if Darth Krayt is who the rumors say he is. I thought #7 came out yesterday, but I don't have it yet.

21. JumpinJax

Apr 11, 2006
    Yeah, Crimson Empire is pretty cool, you might say it's my favorite ;)
    [image=http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/5835/ce8ep.jpg]
    Starfighters? Bah! It's all about the Wraiths! Face is the man ;)

22. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    I wonder too! Everyone thought it was Jacen, but I'm not so sure. It's got to be someone from the current timeline though! I order my comics from TFAW so I don't miss any, but some stores didn't get their shipments from what I heard on the Lit board.

JF

23. JumpinJax

Apr 11, 2006
    D'oh! Spoilers!!!!!!! Jacen? Noooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Oh well :p I like legacy as well, and am looking into sculpting molds for the Imperial Knights armor after C4.

24. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    No spoilers! Some just THINK it's Jacen, but I and lots of others doubt it. I think it's someone AFTER Jacen, like whoever he takes as an apprentice (though not Ben since Ben has to continue the family line, or else there'd be no Cade). Besides, Jacen's getting his own Sith name on the official website contest. I soooo can't wait to find out who really is Krayt!!!

JF

25. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    I just found these out at Stupid Prices in Kent.

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~orothelous/tater1.jpg]

All three Star Wars Potato Heads.
    That's Darth Tater,
    The Spudtrooper,
    And R-2 Potatoo.
    Plus a giant Darth Tater shaped jar thing to put them in.

What's more I paid 11.50 for the whole deal.
    There were 4 more if anyone else wants to go get one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.