main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Star Wars Day at Children's Library

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by jedidougcdn, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidougcdn

jedidougcdn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2008
    London Rogues has been invited to participate with Children's Library (Galleria Mall) in a special Star Wars program this summer. It will be similar to a Harry Potter program they held last year, in which children were given a series of tasks to perform at various stations around the library - like build a craft, complete a trivia quiz, etc. Once they completed them all, they were allowed to graduate from Hogwarts. In this Star Wars version, they will graduate as a Jedi Knight.

My friend, Tracy, at Children's will be organizing the program with us. Our job at the program would be to oversee each of the various activity stations. And I'm thinking each activity should be tailored to our costumes. There will also be posing for photos with the kids when they graduate. I'm sure it will a lot of fun for everyone. The program will probably be a couple hours. The library may also do a showing of one of the movies that day too, which we can participate in at our choice.

This is all still in the planning stages, but it needs to be finalized by May 1st, which is when the library's summer schedule is printed. This will be an afternoon program. Tracy is thinking the week of July 19, on either the Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Does anyone have a preference? And feel free to suggest any ideas for the program you may have.

2. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    This could be a lot of fun. I'm thinking of things like the Ewok village as powers of observation. We could use a buildable lightsaber as every jedi needs to be able to build one.

3. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I can try to help with the lightsaber/Jedi challenges

4. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    Here's some more details:

Star Wars Jedi Academy Program
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009
    2 - 3 PM
    Children's Library, Galleria Mall
    Ages 5+

5. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I picked up 2 light up skip its that we can use for this.

6. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    Just a reminder that this is coming up in a few weeks. Who plans on coming, and what activities would you like to see?

7. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I'm in, unless I find a new job.

8. TK42Tom

TK42Tom Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2008
    You leaving your old job and looking for a new one?

9. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    more like adding a new job. the old one is based on %of the company and for pay and who'd give up a job that pay $20-50 an hour. It's just that when it starts getting down to less then 10 hours a week I can't pay the bills.

10. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I still don't know what my schedule will be then. If I'm still doing internet support, then I have Monday off. If I get switched back to billing (I really hope not) then I have Tuesday Wednesday off. I'm trying to get that day off anyway though.

11. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I do have that Wednesday off now. :)

12. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    Great. I'll be there, and Chris Lay will be there too.

If anyone has any suggestions for activities, let me know and I'll pass on to Tracy.

13. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    What activities are we doing already?

14. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    As far as I know, it's all still up in the air at this point.

15. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Oh this sucks. The only time I could get to see my dentist is July 29 @ 2:00. Unless someone cancils the next openning is September.

16. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    Yeah that does suck. Well if you can make it, that's great. If not, I'm sure we can manage. It looks like Rabellaka, Chris L, Christine M, and myself will be there, plus the library staff. If anyone has any extra Jedi robes, there are a couple library staff members who could use them for the program.

Tracy is putting together the list of activities. I'll let you know once it's finalized. It looks like the kids will be getting a report card which they will take to each of the "stations." As they complete an activity, their report card is stamped. Once they complete all of the activities, they get to graduate as a Jedi Knight.

17. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    The program starts at 2 PM. We can be there at 1 PM to change. There will be space provided.

I have been asked to come as a bad guy, so I'm going to don my Darth Maul costume. Lord_Robert, can I borrow your Maul double saber?

Rabellaka, my friend Tracy has asked me to ask if you would be willing to loan out your Yoda backpack for the kids to wear during the obstacle course?She has also asked if shecan borrow the Wookiee Sniper Shoot bowcaster and darts.

I will be returning to London on Monday or Tuesday, so I won't be able to pick up any of these things from the Garrison. Rabellaka, will you be able to? We need the Skip-its too.

18. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I have plenty of extra robes. Also, Yoda was stolen during the picnic at Springbank, and I haven't replaced him yet. I could bring Chewbacca instead, I don't want Artoo to get dirty, he's white.

19. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    I'll let Tracy know about the backpack. I'm sure she can come up with an alternative - but if you would like to bring Chewie, that would be great!

It looks like I'll be playing Maul on Wednesday. I'll bring Andrew's Jedi robe with me, plus my extra one too. Together with Rabellaka's robes, we'll have all the staff decked out well for the program!

20. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    The Ewoks are in critical care, having been attacked by Womp Rats. Or maybe it was just mice. And moisture. Either way, they are not available for Wednesday.

21. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    That's too bad. I'll let Tracy know.

22. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    Rabellaka, you will be running the Trivia activity. They will have sheets made up with the questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.