main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA STAR WARS DAY III AT RC LIBRARY-May 29th 2010

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Al, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    More news gang. Kevin Grazier form JPL/NASA will be speaking at our event to add a fun and interesting educational component to the day. I should also mention that Kevin is also the Science Consultant on Battlestar Galactica, the sy-fy channel's Eureka, and the PBS kids series Zula Patrol. It's shaping up to be quite the event.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Allen and Adam.... is it okay to repost the information you post here onto the Rebel Legion site? Wanted to make sure it was okay before I did it.

3. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    Hi Kari,
    I think once something is posted on the IEFF board feel free to run with it just as far as your feet will take you.

4. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006

Welcome aboard LordMaruk! We look forward to seeing you on May 29th as well. We should have something planned as a get together before that, to where you can possibly show up. Keep an eye on the boards for things to do in April.

If you go to our photo album link on the top of this page, you'll be able to see what our table will look like when you show up for the SW Days event, and yes we've got shirts and badges with our screen name, real name, and how long we've been in on it. Pretty cool.

Anyways, feel free to post and we'll see you soon! :)

5. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    Thank You for the warm welcome and yes I will keep an eye out on the forums for a get together. And cant wait for the 29th

6. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Star Wars Day Update...Randy and Denise will once again be gracing us with their presence at the event. We've got the word out and invites are flying. We're hoping to get several voice actors from the new clone wars series to show as well as possibly Matthew Wood, Ray Park, and Kyle Newman. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and see.

Lots of new activites for the kiddies as well as the following vendor tables-----> IEFF, 501st, Game Stop, 4 Color Fantasies, Rhino Records, Starbucks, US Bank. We've even got a dunk tank featuring none other than Jar Jar Binks and Jabba the Hunt will be joining us too!

[image=http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/bobarocks2/2010-03-17133607.jpg]
    [image=http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/bobarocks2/jabba001.jpg]

I met with Allen and Adam last week for an hour and it's all starting to come together. As you can see from this pic I took of Allen, you'll see the agenda on the table full of items for the event. As it approaches, I'll get you the latest updated info, so stay tuned!

[image=http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/bobarocks2/2010-03-17135255.jpg]

7. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    Looking so forward to this event and I cannot forget my camera

8. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    If it wasn't so far I'd take my bike over and pop in. The Jar-Jar dunk tank idea is hillarious!

9. pilot_darklight

pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2006
    Awesome, awesome! Looking forward to the event. Time has flown by so fast.

10. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Meeting with Allen and Adam this Thursday to discuss all updates in regards to this event. I'll keep you all posted with what I find out. :)

11. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Don't forget to address the issue of having enough light when the sun goes down. :D

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I think we're good with that for this year as it's from 1 - 4pm. We'll have light until 7:30pm [face_dancing]

13. librarywalker

librarywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2009
    This year the event is from 1-4 in the courtyard, celebration hall and a little in the library. It will not be ticketed so anyone can come at any time. Beyond 4 o'clock is up to you to some extent. But at least for three hours, from 1-4 let's blow some minds, people are already asking about it.

14. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    Will the group still be doing the raffle?

15. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Absolutely! We'll be talking about that at the April 25th meeting. You can always post any ideas you have on the boards here as well:)

16. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    great will do my friend

17. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    I may even bust out my collection of original SW dolls for the display. Something my mom strangely didn't throw away.

18. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Sweet! Sounds good....although....you better have security watching those like a hawk. [face_skull]

19. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    i used to like to chew on the noses so i think that they may not have top value any more.

BTW met with Mike and Mike from the IEFF and the 501st and I think we're chugging along. Logistical details await, but the general plan seems to have agreement that it's pretty solid. And every year we learn more and more.

20. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    any word if special guest will be there?

21. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Working on it. So far here's who we've got as far as characters are concerned:

about 10 troopers
    2 scouts
    vader
    leah
    R2
    C-3po
    tuskin raider
    boba fett
    2 sand troopers
    imperial gunner
    han solo frozen in carbonite
    And yes...darth maul (he may even be doing a presentation)

As this event rapidly approaches, who we have coming to this, as in special guests will increase. There's several folks including yours truely that are working very hard behind the scences to make every effort to get as many folks here as possible!:)

As we get closer to this event, stay tuned as to see any new updates or changes!:)

22. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    sounds like a blast to me. I told my won if he wants to see stormtroopers and take picture with them (he is only 3) he looks at me and said yes!!! then her looks at me again and says "Dad is darth vader going to be their" lol I told him yes and he got all excited..

23. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Your kids will LOVE IT! Free Comic Book Day is coming up May 1st. Your kids will love that event too. There's goodie bags and food and comic characters and Star Wars Characters with about 500+ fans! Lots of fun there too.:D

24. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    Drum roll pleeeeeeeeeeease....happy to announce that the Jar-Jar Binks dunk tank has now been confirmed for our event!!!

25. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    So who is going to be Jar Jar???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.