main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones - IMAX - SIZE DOES MATTER!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Don't give in to the darkside now! AOTC is just around the corner and we are going to see it happen as a team!
    Here it is, the real deal. I figured we should start a new thread on this. The last one has a bunch of useless information on it now (perhaps we could just lock that thread?). It looks like AOTC will be coming to town at the end of May, but it's not going to be a free ride there. This is the "unofficial" IMAX committee thread. It will be deemed "official" when the President says so. Until then, we can post all of our clubs progress on this as well as concerns or questions about it. MalcolmTolemac and I will be meeting tommorow (March 25) to discuss this more. We will also be starting production on our IMAX commercial, which will hopefully be aired by channel 11 and the news. Keep everyone updated on what sponsers are saying or doing here as well! We can't go another step until we know our base fee's have been covered! Thanks, and may the Force be with us!

2. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Well, I spoke to my store manager at Blockbuster, and she told me to type up our documentation so that she could fax it to headquarters in Kansas City. This means we need to break down our main points and organize them professionally onto a business letter. Basically we need to tell them "we want you to sponsor us because..." Our goal is to show them why they should lend us money for this event. Obviously, it helps needy children. That's our #1 point, next being that they get free advertising and so forth. My question is, wouldn't it be easier to type a generic letter that covered all our bases that we could just send off to all the different companies we're wanting to sponsor us? Perhaps MalcolmTolemac and I will try formulating one when we meet on the 25th. If any of you guys have ideas out there, now is the time to post them! Go team!

3. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    When are we going to start our pre-sale of tickets? I also need some help with my purposal letter. Is anyone out there?

4. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    we'll start our pre-sale after the time and film are confirmed... I have a mtg with Edwards/IMAX this coming Monday at 4pm.

Me too...

Same question....

I'll call ya today Kasey. Thurs. I needed to be with my "home group" and yesterday I needed to spend some time with my side of the family. I can explain later.

5. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Sorry if I've been badgering you, but I had some important questions. Good to see you posting! Call me asap, I want to talk to ya! Thanks Malcolm.

6. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Things are heating up! It looks like we're "almost" set in stone for a night showing for May 21st sometime after 9pm. This is the best news we could've gotten. We should get a definate answer by the end of the week but it's basically official as it stands now. We just need the final word from Steve at Edwards that they can cancel they're last showing of Nascar 3D and give us the theatre. Get to work team!

7. Nieru_Hawic

Nieru_Hawic Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2003
    Just to let everyone know that this is now the official IMAX committee thread.

lets uses this thread only for info for the Imax.

8. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    We are now "officially" and IMAX committee. Malcolm gets the honor of delegating tasks to all of us...be looking here for updates on what he wants you to be doing for the IMAX project!

9. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Well, after our official meeting tonight, there's lots to say...but we'll save all that and just say, "we're gonna get through this." "Our negotiations will not fail."
    For those who don't know, I'm awaiting a call from Steve Wilson, local manager for Edwards, to tell us if we're going to get screwed or not for billing in the IMAX theatre. I'll post here with updates on what happens. Remember, get your sponsor letters done so that we can mail them as soon as we're officially greenlighted %100. Thanks!

10. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    No new calls, no nothing...I'm not sure how fast this guy gets to things but it would appear he's taking our requests rather slowly.

11. NewBoiseOrder

NewBoiseOrder Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    This is a test...this is only a test.

12. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Just to bring everyone up to speed who may not be familiar with this project...
    We are now waiting to hear back from the Regal Corporate headquaters. Someone named Kristine is now our contact. MalcolmTolemac sent her an e-mail explaining that we are all waiting to start selling tickets and basically told her, "we need the info. and we need it now!" But in a polite way...(grins). These people don't seem to understand how precious time is right now...
    Things to expect doing right away should this get greenlighted:

1.Send out sponsorship letters asap!
    2.Contact BSU personel and see about starting an on-campus club
    3.Get a booth to advertise and sell tickets for the project
    4.Kill Steve Wilson Vol II....I mean get a booth set-up at Edwards to advertise and sell tickets-we will need our Chancellor's IMAX poster
    5.Talk to Channel 11&7 personel to get some air time
    6.Create IMAX trailer to play on public access(11) and the 5 o'clock news(7)
    7.FOX contacts-make sure we have the film coming
    8.Start a bank account for the NBO...we've discussed this for over six months now!
    9.Get all raffle items collected and ordered(SW Trilogy DVD)
    10.Post on local boards to get the word out/PM Mara Jade/link on Force.net main page/501st contacts
    11.Create Website
    12.PayPal account activation
    13.Raido adds...make sure we've got some air time!
    14.Ticket design finalization/print and copy/raffle tickets/numbered as to not lose track!
    Whew! (I'm sure there's more, but darn it, I need a breath first).

Well, to say the least...let's just hope we get word that it's a go soon...very soon!
    May the Force be with us, always!!!!!!!!!!

13. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Well, here's the skinny:
    IF YOU DON'T KNOW, WE ARE GREENLIGHTED...THAT MEANS THE **** HAS NOW HIT THE FAN AND WE'RE HERE TO RUN WITH WHAT'S LEFT OF IT!
    After talking to Marc and Russ, we've officially greenlighted the project gang! No more waiting! Kristine of Regal quoted a price of $325, so we run with it now!

SEND OUT YOUR LETTERS!!!!!
    I sent mine out today just barely before my manager left the office. We faxed it over to Corporate so now it's a matter of waiting to hear back. Remeber Marc and Russ-your telephone numbers are on the sheet I faxed, so you might get called about it! I called Cody to bring him up to date but he's out of town until Sunday with this Prime-America job. He's supposed to call me when he gets in so I'll tell him to get his letters off right away.
    BSU CLUB-
    On Monday I will talk with BSU about starting an on-campus club. James, have you heard anything or know anything about this? You were are BSU guy so I don't want to overstep here...if you've got it figured out already let me know, otherwise I'll ask about it on Monday and we'll fill in the blanks then.
    BSU BOOTH-
    We can't really do this until we're a club. If for whatever reason we can't become an official BSU club, then we'll have to wait the thirty days to reserve the table and hope and pray that it's still available.
    EDWARDS TICKET SALES-
    My understanding at this point is we are FOR SURE selling tickets no later than Saturday of NEXT week. This means we have to get our booth ready. We need Russell's poster as well as signs and a lockbox. Did someone say they had a lockbox? Eric and I will be talking to Steve Wilson tomorrow at the theatres to confirm booth setup times and arrangements for it, IF WE CAN TRACK DOWN THE LUNATIC.
    CHANNEL 7-11(ha ha)
    Marc, I'd like your help with this. I know you're a very busy man, but you're good at talking to "TV people" and I think we should do this together. Let's schedule an appointment with Channel 7 to talk with them about airing some kind of advertisment, our trailer if they're willing...or even a clip of it or something.
    I will talk with the Communications Department at BSU and my friend Lance to see if I can't get our trailer aired on 11-public access.
    IMAX TRAILER
    Again, Marc, you're our only hope! This is our most desperate hour...ok, enough dramatics. The BSU editing software that I know how to operate bites. We need quality stuff, and your father-in-law has just that. Let me know when you can free up time for this and I'll make arrangements to edit with you on this at the time you're available. E-mail the details on this.
    FOX CONTACTS
    Sorry Marc, I guess it's just your day to be picked on. You know what needs to be done here so I'll just leave it at that.
    NBO BANK ACCOUNT
    This should be done before we start selling tickets, meaning sometime next week. Russ, when are you open to do this? I can co-sign. Marc, I'm sure you'd like to be there to, e-mail the details to me and Russ and likewise for Russ. I can free up time, I just need to know when to free it.
    RAFFLE ITEMS
    Russ, do we have an OT DVD T ordered yet? This needs to be done for the raffle. Eric, contact Russ with the details on this. I will e-mail you Eric with what I've decided to raffle plus the revised letter to businesses.
    POSTING
    I'll post in the Utah, Washington, and Oregon boards as soon as I'm done with this post update. I'll also be posting in Seattle's to see if they know anything or can share any insights from previous IMAX experiences. IFSWA will also be updated that our ticket sales will be soon.
    WEBSITE
    My bro will work on this as soon as we has something to run with. In our next meeting, which needs to be before next month obviously, we should brainstorm on what we want. Remember, this is important to our image. Everyone who logs on to it will have an impression created about what type of club this is...so lets keep this in mind while brewing ideas.
    PAYPAL ACCOUNT
    Russ? Are we running with this or not? I need to know so that I can post in the other local boards and let them know how to order tick

14. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    NBO BANK ACCOUNT
    We have officially opened our bank account!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT????!!! I co-signed with Russ. We have checks- the account has $120 in it now. Our ATM will be mailed to one of us and then needs to be activated. We will then at that time be given a PIN number.
    REGAL CONTACT
    I called the lady that Steve Wilson talks to personally concerning IMAX...she is going to call me back, "I hope!" I left her a message.
    STEVE SANSWEET
    Russ got a return e-mail from him saying he was looking into things for us and that he'd get back to us!!! NOW THAT IS GOOD NEWS!!!!

15. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Well she got back to me and to make a long story short she said it was a $900 dollar rental cost... "help us Steve Sansweet, you're our only hope!"

16. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    Do you have any new info yet? A lot of us in Utah are wondering if this is still going to happen.

By the way I'm from the the provo fanforce and am also a proud member of the Alpine Garrison of the 501st Legion.

17. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
  18. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Yeah, we THINK it is. The management of Regal and Edwards have to know that FOX has told us there are no royaltie fees....so we're just waiting for word from someone at this point.

19. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Will you be posting in the other fanforces once you recieve that info? I have a few members in my group that are willing to make the trek to Idaho, a few of us are also 501st members as well.

20. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Actually, I've already posted in all of the local boards, as in those near Idaho...including Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Salt Lake, Seattle, Idaho Falls, and so forth. I've also asked our MOD to post it on the main page but she hasn't gotten back to me for almost two weeks now...MalcolmTolemac, our VP is our 501st contact, and has been posting on their boards on their site and someone volunteered from Seattle to post on the Rebel Legion threads...so the word is spreading! I even posted on starwars.com in their fan-activities and fanclub threads! We are still waiting to hear back from both FOX and Steve Sansweet himself to see what can be done about getting the film here and to make sure it will FOR SURE be here on the 21st. Our main hold up on tickets right now is that Regal won't budge until they hear from either Lucas or FOX that there aren't any royalties to pay...we don't expect that there will be. But then again, we didn't expect to be renting their theatre out for $900 an hour! That's our second heart attack because it's so much that our charity that's benefiting from this may not benefit anything. That's why we're sending out sponsorship letters to businesses around town in hopes they'll help us out with the dollar! Our hope with contacting Steve Sansweet is that he may have the power to bypass a lot of these hold ups and maybe even help us out financially! Any help you guys can give is always appreciated!
    Thanks for keeping interest in this! Your boards will be some of the first to know outside of ours what's going on with this! Thanks!

21. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    NBO GANG:

Thanks for keeping up with this...unfortunately we will be pushing this project back. After our president personally talked to Steve Sansweet (PR of Lucasfilm), he informed us there just wasn't enough time to get things finalized for a May 21st release date. We have now pushed this back for an August release date. If you could get the word out to the other fanforce and 501st people in your area that would be awesome! So now we are personally working with Steve Sansweet of Lucasfilm rather than a bunch of lackies from Fox and Regal. He is helping to get us the film, which is what we are waiting on now...to hear from him that we can get the film w/out royalities charged. I will continue to post updates as they come. We don't forsee a problem getting the film so as soon as we get word that it will be shipped to us in August, we will begin our ticket sales. Thanks!

22. NewBoiseOrder

NewBoiseOrder Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    Dear Fans

In August of this year, the New Boise Order (NBO) is planning to have a special charity screening of Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones at the Boise Edwards 21 IMAX Theatre. This would be a special one-time event. The charity we?ve selected to benefit from this special event is Royal Family Kids Camp (RFKC) www.rfkc.org , a non-profit group that holds camps every summer for abused and neglected children. The start time hasn?t been set at this time, but would most likely be anywhere from 8:45 to 9:45pm MST. Costumes are not necessary but more than welcome! The 501st?s Alpine Garrison and Garrison Titan are more than welcome to come troop for us. Contact MalcolmTolemac (by PMing him) for more information on this. He will contact those groups specifically as more information becomes available.

The ticket cost we?ve decided upon is $12.00 per ticket. Knowing we wanted to invite fans from areas outside of Idaho, we wanted to keep it fairly affordable. Once we have a green light from LucasFilm, Regal and Fox, we will post an official ?press release? and be setting up a Pay-Pal account so fans and moviegoers outside of the Boise area can participate with us. Tickets ordered on-line through our Pay-Pal account will only be raised enough to cover the cost of processing the payment by the Pay-Pal system. This amount has been estimated at approximately $0.75 per ticket. If you don?t order on-line, tickets will be available that night at the door. We are planning on all money from ticket sales going directly to Royal Family Kids? Camp.

We are planning on having a raffle of some kind too, to raffle off Star Wars and other Sci-Fi, Fantasy related items. More details on this once they are available.

Please follow this link to the New Boise Order Boards, read the first post and reply to the poll!

Thanks
    Marc (MalcolmTolemac)
    NBO VP
    IMAX Project Lead

23. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    So, is there anything we can do now other than just sitting around twiddling our thumbs? And are we just waiting for word from SS or Fox to?

24. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    So, is there anything we can do now other than just sitting around twiddling our thumbs?
    no, no not really.

And are we just waiting for word from SS or Fox too?
    signs point to yes!

gesh, i feel like a magic eight ball!

edit: don't shake me!!! :_|

25. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    Just keeping it at the top... Russ, have you heard from Sansweet???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.