main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico Star Wars: Episode VII - "The Empire of the Jedi" (RPG) **Next Session: TBA**

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Spike_Spiegel, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    El jueves?

2. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Viernes! Viernes! Es que tengo el viernes en la mente pq es el deadline para articulos esta semana!

Sorry!

3. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    No querras decir que es que tienes el Jueves en la mente?

4. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
  5. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    - No hemos empezado la campaña y ya perdimos un Jedi al ?dark side? (el hermano de Luis).

- El pobre Pete necesita un descanso.
    ----------------------------------
    - Jerry, ya que quizás me toque ser el utilicé tu disfraz de Clone Trooper en la convención, no sé si sea buena idea que lleves el disfraz al RPG de este viernes. Como quiera, necesito ver si me queda antes de la convención de Sci-fi.

6. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Si él lo entiende.

Así que se chavó.

7. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Crap! Perdon, es que estoy corriendo en una mezcla de cafeina pura y adrenalina. Me gusta mucho mi trabajo pero me pone hyper!

8. digital-skywalker

digital-skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    pete... tengo una idea...

hablando claro, ami mi Jedi Vita no me gusto mucho... asi que propongo ser el Weapons Master... obviamente, rapidamente creando un nuevo character... entonces si

9. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    No te gusto la idea de ser religioso?

Por mi no hay problema.

10. kyle_katarn_pr

kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    Digital , Te iras al infierno por denunciar la religion y cualquiera de sus manifestaciones¿ Propones que la Religion es una molestia o un problema?. Vamos a ver que pasa cuando en las puertas del cielo ( si es que un ateo como tu llega a ellas) San Pedro te saca en cara lo que acabas de hacer.

Te digo lo que le dijo Tony D' Astro a Luis Francisco Ojeda - y yo le dije al Sr. Juan Cabrera en una ocasion - "Busca de Dios , Dracula!"

Con mucha preocupacion por el ola sismica de ateismo y paganismo que se esta regando por nuestra isla cristiana,

Antonio Reyes Salavarria.

11. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Ojeda es mi heroe. Lo veo todos los dias en la television. Es mas, yo SOY Ojeda. Como logro verme en television a mi mismo en vivo es algo que no tiene explicacion. :p

12. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Weird peepers...

13. Roman

May 30, 2002
  14. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    [face_blush]

Sorry, es que tenemos un relajo con eso en el trabajo.

Now, back to your regularly sheduled RPG-talk...

15. Lucidus

Lucidus Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Pedro, al fin terminé con las revisiones, ya lo envié a tu email (el de pcv) para que le des un vistazo. Digital, creo que es mejor que veas los cambios al Vita a ver si te sigue interesando o no.

16. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Cool Juan. Te voy a llamar esta noche cuando salga del work.

17. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Aqui la info sobre mi personaje.

Name: Kor?Lenis Mael
    Race: Coynite
    Homeworld: Coyn
    Class: Jedi Vaapad
    Alignment: Good/Light Side
    Height: 8'4" (2.54m)
    Weight: 275 lbs (124.74kg)
    Appearance: Tall and muscular, dark brown fur with white patches all over face
    Weapon of choice: Dual Lighstabers, purple (Form VII)

I, Kor?Lenis, was given life on Colm, an industrial city on the planet Coyn. At the time of my birth, my father Kor?Tegr was away on a military assignment, and my mother had to endure the hardships of life-giving on her own. By Ways of the Force I was born without a brother, an occurrence that is extremely rare among my brethren. Soon after I was given life, the Jedi Master Lauros Theed informed my mother that I possessed an incredible amount of innate talent that could only be exploited to its fullest via the ways of the Force. But Kor?Tegr would not allow it. As soon as he heard that he had a son he forbids my mother from handing me to the Force-users, whom he completely distrusted, even though he fought alongside them. I was to receive a normal upbringing, according to my social status and the economic background of my clan, the Mael.

Time passed rather swiftly, until I reached the age of nine. Before then, on every visit that Kor?Tegr paid to me and my mother, I always heard strong arguments during the evenings in their chambers. This time it was different. That night I finally witnessed what those loud screams represented ? I saw Kor?Tegr engaged in abusive behavior against my mother. No Coynite knew about this, of course, otherwise Kor?Tegr would immediately be branded as an af?harl, losing his honor, and executed publicly. The event that I witnessed that fateful day proved to be too painful. The memories still burn through my fur. Unfortunately for everyone, except perhaps myself, that moment was over in the blink of an eye. The next thing that I recall is looking at the blood of Kor?Tegr covering my young claws; his limp body sprawled all over the floor. Everything was covered in a pool of the life liquid that runs through my own veins? a product of my as of yet uncontrolled rages.

And loud sobs. More than lamenting the death of her husband, and what would become the beginning of her widowhood, my mother let out her anguish because she knew what fate would befall me. According to the Coynite rules of conduct and our culture, I lost my honor that fateful day. I was to be immediately executed. But the Force works in strange and mysterious ways. Some life forms are chosen by the Force and placed at a precise time and location to further its purposes. Master Lauros was present at the time and place of my public execution, and to him I owe my life.

Under Law, my life could not be spared. But Master Lauros managed to convince authorities to delay its termination. I was to be imprisoned for an unknown period of time. If I had possessed then the knowledge that I possess now, I would not have agreed. But as a young boy I was scared and naive. I was sent to the Khel?Thaln prison, where those of us who are deemed as not in full control of their minds and body are tend to. Under that pretense, my existence was allowed to endure. My grieving mother did not survive to see the light of the following day. I did not understand why, as my life was the one that was supposed to be taken away.

While I was imprisoned, I never spoke a word to anyone. Except to the man to whom I owed my life. As Head of the Jedi Office in Colm, Master Lauros was assigned to oversee my imprisonment, and was in charge of the periodic evaluations that would determine my fate. On every occasion I asked him why he had done this, not even once did he have an acceptable response. ?In time you will know the answer?, is all he could say. After our meetings inside the prison facilities were over I would always return swiftly to my prison cell to meditate. For some reason, even though I found myself alone, I was aware of every being that existed ? or haunted ? that place. Thus, I was only able to obtain litt

18. Roman

May 30, 2002
    - I have a question about my class (Naboria Jedi Combat Medic). Rapid Heal reads ?Rapid Heal costs 1d8 vitality and can be used one time per day. Each additional Rapid Heal gained adds another use per day.?

I think that is a bit restrictive that I can use this force power only 1 time per day since I?m a combat medic. Would not be better to be able to use it more than 1 per day, or heck per hour, when I get it for the first time?

Being able to use it only one per day doesn?t make me much of a Combat Medic. In fact is just allow me to heal one extra time per day. :(

- And in the same topic. Wouldn?t I eventually spend less vitality when using ?Heal self? and ?Heal another? after some leveling-up?

Of course, if any change is done, it may not apply in today game today.
    ===============================
    Note: Changes to my class the same date I posted this. Thanks.

19. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

TUMBARK_WOOKIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Ok noting the successes and the flaws of the past campaing, I will divert from being a pure Beastmaster, the class wasn't very motivating to my usual style of play, yes I did help as much as I could, but somehow it was like an ill fitting pair of shoes. Enough problems I have controlling my natural desire to battle and kill by being a Jedi, now to have a class that went totally the other way of what it originally was is over kill. So I'm asking if I can have in the next level up another class, as in cross class, because sadly the Beastmaster class is not that enticing to my taste. Sure having a pet is nice, but sadly the pet doesn't have any real advanteges per say, I'm a guy that is accustomed to working alone and we already have a real good spy amongst us, Yovu is just a sad little excuse for a petty thief. So if I can cross class into a Jedi warrior or Weapons master or some other slightly beefy class I would apreciate it. The tailoring of my character was done pre-changes so he pretty much fell into the worthless, at least for my taste. Sure Khan is resourceful, but even so se siente como mas del monton. I need to make him so that I feel proud of being that character.
    So please consider my request.

20. kyle_katarn_pr

kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    ¿Cuando nos volvemos a reunir?

21. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Tumba, I see no problem.

Nos reuniremos cuando Ger y Luis vuelvan de su viaje.

22. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    It's not just you, Tumba. I felt like my character was just another one of nine generic Jedis. Sure, we have our different background stories and interesting classes, but it all boils down to nine characters who have pretty much the same set of basic skills. We all wield lightsabers, we can all do the same Force skills like Move Object, Mind Trick, etc...

We definitely need to come up with something that will tell our characters apart. Something that will make each of us stand out from the rest, and encourage team-focused play. I had high hopes for the Team Roles concept, but sadly I did not see it put into place. Instead, at least on the side I played, it was a matter of one Jedi trying to use a Skill, and if the roll failed the next Jedi could try the same thing, roll the dice, etc...

I ask for an effort of both GMs and players. We had kind of a test run, we saw what needs to be improved, so let's work on it together. Of course, this is just my two cents here.

23. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    I saw mainly the same thing. This first session was designed to help you feel out your Jedi characters and test how it feels to be a Jedi, find Jedi solutions to problems and use your unique Force powers. In my side of the campaing, the only one that used his unique powers was Rafa. You guys need to realize that your ally is the Force and it can be used creatively to solved problems. You don't need to light up a lightsaber to finish a combat situation, there are other ways to do so.

Don't get frustrated if the Team roles thing didn't work out the first session, believe me this first session was nothing, NOTHING compared with what Juan and I have in store for you. Think of this first session like Luke going to Toshi Station and then buying and cleaning the droids. That is nothing compared to the action later in the movies.

Also, the scale of things is going to get progressively bigger. Don't be surprised if you as characters have to deal with things in a planetary or galactic scale.

I really should shut up now, I don't want to give all that much up. The point is that the first session was mainly to introduce the characters and the environment. Everything will get bigger and grander later on. It is also very important that you, as players, create a persona for your character. Players like Gerry, Luis and Ricardo are really good at this. They create a character and live it, they act it out. One of the problems the Padawans have is that they don't act their characters that much. I'd really like it for you to be in character most of the times and talk like your characters, discuss things, act it out. Share your experiences. You guys are diverse enough to get very distinct characters. Jesus, for example, is massive, yet he's a doctor. Is he a funny doctor, like Hank McCoy aka the Beast? Or is he a serious medical professiona? Jan, is your character dark and concerned only with honor, like Worf in ST? Or is he dark and funny like Constantine or even The Punisher? Tony...*** is you character?

See what I mean?

Your character is faced with 20 destroyer droids or is in front of a pair of guys raping a woman. How does he/she react? Does he make a joke? Does he say something? Don't just go "I did this," play it out. Speak like your character. Become the character, become the role.

You need more than stats and a backstory, you need personalities. That's what makes characters unique and memorable. We remember Barktum and Reznor not because of their stats, but because of their personalities. Same thing with Ricardo's Bothan.

Remember, there is more to an RPG than combat and rolling die. Its called Role Playing because you have to act out that role.
    Find that personality, and you'll have a cool, unique character.

24. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Perhaps if encounters in the future aren't so one-sided, with just one or two solutions to the problems (Illusions worked wonders, whereas Intimidation and Diplomacy were ineffective, for example), and if I stop feeling like I will get Dark Side points for chewing gum and spitting on the street, I will have better opportunities to develop and flesh out the character.

What good does it do to have unique powers if you will be penalized for using them? How can there be room for character development when there is little flexibility to find our own solutions? One of the things I learned during the Shadows of Dawn campaign is that things can turn out very differently from what was originally planned. Tumba and I had envisioned a completely different ending, and due to the actions of the players involved things ended up radically different. And we were flexible enough to allow this. We had to let the players work things out, even if some of their solutions totally annoyed us, or were unaccounted for.

Anyway, let me stop the rant here. I will work on my character's personality, and look forward to exploiting every opportunity that I have to do so. I already have some good ideas after some post-game thinking, and can't wait for the Imps to kill Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen so we can be on our way. ;)

25. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Jan, I do realize you have a major disadvantage here, you're a powerhouse. Your stats are geared towards major conflict, fighting characters that are in your level and beyond. For you, your powers are overkill against most enemies. I understand you got a bit frustrated when you got that Dark Side point and I know you got a bit frustrated at the session's style of play. But try to think of this as a challege you will conquer (which I know you can.) Vaapad is useless against a street thug. That's the challenge of your character. You have the power to basically defeat any opponent, your true challenge comes from the ability not to use your power. You have to use your mind, you have to plan out strategy. You, Jan, are the groups tactical officer. Use that position to plan out things, give commands to other people so they are in the most stategic position posible. Vaapads are generals in the field, thinking every time how to outflank and outmanuver their enemies, be it armies or kids with blasters. A Vaapad will think of things stategically before taking out the lightsaber.

Jedis are the keepers of peace, be it subduing evil Sith or nabbing a pickpocket. Both of these require a different approach, different tactics. You got a Dark Side point because you used lethal power when it wasn't needed. In fact, none of the encounters you had required you guys to pick up a lightsaber. You all relied too heavily on intimidation, when a simple mind trick might have been perfect for the moment...or even picking off their weapons with the Force. More importantly, none of you tried talking with the enemy. To really get your point across. You all assumed they were the badniks and didn't try to reason with them. You took an agressive approach, which is all right, but you didn't try a pacifistic approach, a more Jedi approach.

Look at Obi-Wan. When Ben is confronted by Dr. Evazan, he first tries a diplomatic approach: "Come, let me buy you a drink." He only uses Force when there is the thread that Luke might get killed. Even then, he doesn't use deadly force, he simply chopped the arm off the guy.

I realize this campaign offers inherent difficulties for many of you, because it requires more role playing than just die rolls and "I'll do this," "I'll do that." It also expects you to take the role of a Jedi, which is a really danged difficult thing to do, as some of you are discovering. It is a challenge to play a Jedi, a real Jedi not a hack and slash character with a lightsaber.

Jedis have a lot of power. Too much power in fact, some people think they unbalance the Force just because they have so much power. The trick of the Jedi comes from deciding when using the power within is necessary and when it is overkill.

But, don't worry. The encounters you will face will not be as one sided as the first sessions. You will all get a chance to use the full power of the Force without worry of possible repercussion. Because when the moment comes, you'll need all the power you can muster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.