main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Star Wars ethics

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Stalepie, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Among those involved in the Cabal. The movie is absolutely silent on the matter of the "Sep on the street".

I'll turn your own challenge back on you. Show me ONE scene anywhere in the films themselves that portrays the "average Separatist". Not the Cabal leadership, but the "man/alien on the street".

I won't be holding my breath.

2. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Baiting? He was spamming the thread, go and look for yourself. I do not deserve to be singled out. Subjective crap

3. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    In the very opening scroll, it is made clear that thousands of planets have rallied to the cause of secession. It's literally shown to you in the very first scene of the film. Those are your average separatists. Dooku is seen as a political idealist who has rallied thousands of star systems to his stated cause.

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I did. You were baiting each other. I suggest you both cool it.

5. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    You do whatever you have to do, you singled me out in public with post taken out of it's context. I take issue with that

6. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    That is your interpretation of the scroll. Did the Trade Federation "rallyt to Dooku's cause"? Yes. Do we know that all the planets in said Federation fully and willingly did so, or were they forced to do so, as the TF attempted on Naboo? The films are absolutely silent on that question, as we never see an actual planet under Sep control in film until the series.

7. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    I've kept my remarks confined to demolishing his arguments. The only time I address the Captain is when I said that he wasn't wanting to listen to what I and others have to say. If that qualifies as "baiting", I'll make sure not to do it again.

8. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Not one word of force. Dooku is mentioned by even the Jedi as being a political idealist.

There is not one shred of evidence that these systems are being strong armed into anything. Not one. I've asked you provide that evidence, and I will do it again.

The truth is more clever, they all think they are doing the right thing. They are fighting for independence against what they see as a corrupt and evil galactic republic (and they are right)

9. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    You're right, I didn't listen to half of what you just said. It was just a collection of little one line quips with no context and no coherent argument, and it was spamming post after post

10. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013

11. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Don't change the subject now. We finish this point, then we move on. Where is this strong arming? Where??????????? You've told me at least four times that it was there, where is it? You've made the claim, now back it up

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    We aren't here to demolish each other, or to overuse the word "you". Locking for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.