main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars EU in the Virtual Cards

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Obviouslly there isn't a lot of EU that the Player's Committee can represent in the Star Wars CCG. But there are some times when the EU can be represented indirectly. And usually when this oppurtunity occurs, the Design Team prefers to bypass the EU entirely.

I have been trying to fight this, and for my efforts I am told that I am not in touch with what the player base wants--or essentially that the players could care less about the EU, and in most cases would prefer it not to be represented.

The most recent example came about concerning the making of the Tusken-related virtual cards. One playtester suggested that one of the unique Tusken Raiders be given an ability of 4. The Design team dismissed the idea as ridiculous. I casually mentioned that an ability 4 Tusken isn't out of the question, citing the Hett and Tahiri as Jedi examples from the Republic comics and NJO books. But the examples were pushed aside as canonical "garbage".

Now the Design people could of course be correct. Perhaps an ability 4 Tusken would be considered by the majority of players as non-sensical..

What do you guys think?

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Force-sensitive Tusken. After all, the entirety of the game is EU anyway, so incorporating more EU isn't much of a stretch.

3. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    If Decipher can release a starship-piloting Jawa (Daroe) why not a force-sensitive Tusken?? :)

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The CCg has long been one of the better sources of EU, so incorporating elements like that should be pursued.

Though, to be technical, both Hett and Tahiri were humans taken in and raised by the Tuskens, not tuskens themselves, so there might be a technicality there.

5. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    The more EU the better!

heck, if there's a 4Ability Tusken in the EU, why not in the books?

I think the PC should relase a little "storyline pamphlet" with each of their V-sets.

6. DarthShadus

DarthShadus Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2005
    EU has been incorporated into the V Sets there is one card Unexpected Interruption that effects female characters as a nod to Chewie breaking up Xizor's (macking) if you will on Leia.

7. JeffJedi

JeffJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 1999
    I'd like to see more EU stuff in the game, really so much of the EU found in the dictonary type of SW books is taken directly from the Lore of SWCCG, so why not go both ways?

I could see a V card that let the lightside use a Tusken Raider card, something like:

Tusken Raider (V)
    Power 5 Ability 6 Jedi Knight
    This character is a lightside *(unique) Alien Warrior. Etc...

Almost like a card with a unique perminate pilot it would create the character in the game text box. In sleeves the back wouldn't matter and plenty of cards have the opposite backgrounds anyway.

You could even have a V-card that only had a hole for the pic and some symbols so he could have a name and lore.

8. JeffJedi

JeffJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 1999
    I just had a crazy idea for new V cards. Do Jedi Knights cards into V cards but for sw:ccg, you already have a name, pic and destiny number so all you would need is the lower half of the card replaced with SW:CCG stuff. There are plenty of all new cards possible from this like new unique Stormtroopers and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.