main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars fan films resource

Discussion in 'Archive: Croatia' started by kuatengineer, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuatengineer

kuatengineer Jedi Master star 2

Apr 3, 2008
    Hello,
    I've put together a web site that's dedicated to Star Wars fan films, and I wanted to see if the people here can help me out. I search the web looking for these films, and I have found a lot. But, I know there are a lot of films out there (and web sites) that aren't in English, and I think there are films I haven't found. Please visit my sit here:

http://www.kuatengineer.webs.com/

If you know of a film that I'm missing, or of a resource that would help me find more, I would appreciate any help finding them.

Thanks

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Hey, kuatengineer. :) Cool site.
    I don't know if there are any Croatian fanfilms, but here is a site with some Star Wars material. It has lots o adds and trailers but some fanfilms as well. Their titles are mostly in English, so I don't think you'll have trouble in finding something:
    http://starwars.htnet.hr/?link=download&skin=droid&dc=1&from=20
    Other phrase for 'fan film' you may encounter is amaterski film.

Two other sites I can remember are unfortunately closed.
    Hope this helps. :)

3. kuatengineer

Apr 3, 2008
    Thanks very much for your help. There were definitley films at that site that I had never seen or heard of before, and a couple that I had been trying to track down.

4. Lord_of_all_Noldor

Lord_of_all_Noldor Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2005
    I haven't seen many fanfilms. I watched two, and they were both quite poor computer animation, butI was told there are some higher quality ones. Any reccomendations?

5. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    My favourite FF is TEnClo - The Emperor's new Clones, sort of a parody on Episode III and other films of the Saga too. :)
    You can download it here from TFN: http://www.theforce.net/fanfilms/shortfilms/clones/index.asp :)

Troops, Knightquest and Gray Worlds are pretty cool as well. :)

6. kuatengineer

Apr 3, 2008
    I would agree that Troops and Kinhtquest are good. I would tell you to start with Dark Redemption and then Revelations. They are both good films. There are plenty of other goos ones out there too, some very short. There's a french film called Le Cote Obscur that's pretty good. No dialogue, but the film is pretty well made, and interesting.

7. kuatengineer

Apr 3, 2008
    Amon, is Gray Worlds a Star Wars film? If so, I haven't seen that one before (at least not by that name), and I would love to see it.

8. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    Amon, kuatengineer, 'Gray Worlds' is a different name for the 'Broken Allegiance'.
    This movie. I've seen it on two more websites under that different name.
    And yes, it's pretty good.

Other than those mentioned, I think 'Reign of the fallen' is pretty goo too.
    'Troops' is awesome. :D

9. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Yes, it's the movie from the link.
    [face_thinking]
    Odd. I didn't watch it from TF.N, but from another site and I could have sworn it was called the "Gray Worlds". *shrugs*

10. kuatengineer

Apr 3, 2008
    Thanks for the info on Gray Worlds/ Broken Allegiance. It is a good movie, BTW.

11. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I have collected hundreds of fan films.

You're not the only one interested in cataloging every fan film. When I was really into the fan film community, I helped create the list found here. Only a few have links, but many of them can be found on TF.n's fan films page.

Another resource can be found here.

Also try browsing threads in the fan films forum. Many "premieres" happen there.

12. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    Yeah, I found it under two names as well. It was too late when I found out that its the same thing. Could've saved me the 100+ MB od download. ;)

13. kuatengineer

Apr 3, 2008
    I've seen that list at nerf-herders before. It's been very helpful in finding some films here and there (a LOT of Google searches).

I would be very interested to see if we could get together somehow to see if there are any films that you have that I don't have yet. You could PM me, or e-mail me at kuatengineer@yahoo.com. There are definitely films on that list at nerf-herders that I have had no luck finding, and if you have them, I would love to get copies from you.

Thanks for the info

14. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Ah, I see I posted the same link twice. Stupid paste function.

The second link was supposed to be this: http://www.starwars-universe.com/fanfilms/

Great resource for international fanfilms.

15. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    Awesome site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.