main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Star Wars Fanfilm ready to get started

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by MAGNIFICENT-SITH, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

MAGNIFICENT-SITH Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2005
    Hello again!
    I am ready to start my fanfilm for those interested! Here are the specifics of what I need:

2. I plan on filming early on a Sunday, and I'll need a date that can be agreed on. Is that a problem for anyone?

3. Those who want to be in it, I need your location in Jacksonville to see where the best meeting point would be, and that would determine the location of the shoot (which needs to be a wooded area away from houses and traffic noise).

4. I'll need to meet with eveyone to hand out a copy of the script and to do a costume check.

5. Characters needed and their characteristics:

6. Jedi 1 will be experienced, mindful, feels out his opponent, precision striking and is strong in the force. Blade color will be blue.

7. Jedi 2 will be experienced but showy, not thought into his strikes and has an intermediate knowledge of the force. Blade color will be green.

8. Jedi 3 will be spiritual, mindful of his/her surroundings, best at defensive skills, and is strong in the force. Blade color will be purple.

9. Jedi 4 will be reckless, strikes wildly, delivers soft , but quick strikes, and has an intermediate knowledge of the force. Blade color will be turquoise.

10. Jedi 5 is experienced, strikes strong and quick, and is strong in the force. Blade color will be yellow.

11. Jedi 6 is aggressive, strong defense, quiet, and is strong in the force. Blade color will be green.

12. Jedi 7 will be played by my nephew who is 12 and will be overeager, tries to prove too much, has quick and erratic strikes, and has a basic knowledge of the force. Blade color will be orange.

13. The Emperor will be played by a friend of mine. Characteristics are known, will not use a saber but force lightning will be utilized.

14. Vader will be played by myself. Will be learning to use the dark side with his new form. Saber color known.

15. Stormtrooper will possibly be cloned to make a few more in the film. Characteristics known.

16. Would love to have an Imperial officer.

17. The script, and blade colors can and will be changed as needed if anyone has ideas on what I already have. I would love to do the shoot in one day, but it may take 2 Sundays.

The editing will be the most time consuming as far as special effects, sound, transitions, encoding to view online on theforce.net, and credits, however, EVERYONE involved will get a copy of the film on a dvd! How cool!

This will be so fun, yet kinda professional, and detail will be paid attention to.

Let me know!

-Terry

18. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Sunday's are Ok here (for Chase). How late do we plan to work until?

19. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    For, the filming, I figure if we started about 9 or 10 am, we'd have enough daylight to work through until about 5pm. We'd break for a lunch at some point or we could bring something with us. For the initial meeting to give out the script and costume check, it wouldn't be very long at all. We'll probably spend more time discussing how things will go during the shoot more than the time it'd take to pass out the script and all lol...
    -Terry

20. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I'm in. Just let me know where. I'm coming from Normandy area.

21. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    Ok, one from Normandy area..not bad..I forgot to mention I am from the Avenues area. I have scouted two possible areas so far. One is Mandarin Park because it is back far enough from traffic. Any other suggestions will be considered as well.
    -Terry

22. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    when is the meeting

23. CRIMSONXXX

CRIMSONXXX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Got a Royal Guard - Stormtrooper and a Biker Scout. Coming from Yulee.

24. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Jedi coming from Kingsland

25. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Officer, and Grand Admiral. I have both.

I live at Neptune Beach.

26. REDEYEE

REDEYEE Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    Buzz -

Where did the Tie Fighter go?

27. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I forgot to tell you the costumes.... You have a Jango Fett, Clonetrooper, Jedi Knight & 1 Sith knight(black robes jedi).

28. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    Awesome costume list! I will definitely be able to use the royal guard and troopers for the empire. If we can get more troopers, that would save so much more time trying to blue or green screen them in. All jedi will be able to be used. I am planning on having the meeting on a Sunday as soon as possble if it can be worked out to where everyone can come. I am off most Sundays, but will have to work on the 15th more than likely.
    -Terry

29. cha0s73

cha0s73 Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    Stormtrooper-----Southside area of Jacksonville, real close to the avenues..

30. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Feng the Mandalorian is available on Sundays after 12:00 and any other day (Tuesday before 7:00pm). He presently resides off Monument and Ft. Caroline. I don't know what the area is called. Duval? Wakka wakka wakka!

31. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    He didn't ask for a TIE Fighter. But I guess I should ahve suggested that too.... sorry about that.

32. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    Good setup so far. We also might be able to use a tie fighter pilot for added troops, and possibly the Mandalorian. Let's all meet on the Sunday 15th at 2pm. How about the Avenues theater parking lot off I295 on Phillips Hwy? Lots of parking space to gather round and all. I thought I had to work that day, but I don't have to now. I'll bring enough scripts to pass out, and we'll go through costume and prop checks, so if you have sabers, or blasters, bring those too. I am not worried if they are from Toys R Us or handcrafted, it doesn't matter. Let me know!
    -Terry

33. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I'm in. I will see you on the 15th.

34. DairNimiris

May 19, 2005
    sadly I'll be in Nashville to attend my movie premiere. I won't be back until the 18th.

35. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Time and place are good for me.
    I have a Jedi and a lightside/green Mara Jade.

36. yoda1248

yoda1248 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Is there room for one more jedi???? or have all 6 spots been taken. Please let me know. Thanks Joshua

37. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    Any more Jedi would be welcome. I don't believe I have all 6 yet...I'd have to check the past posts, but even if we have more than 6, I am sure they can be worked in somehow.

Also, I have to change the meeting spot due to the fact that I was told that it might look "suspicious" haha...

We'll meet at my friend's place who has a field behind his apartment, and that'll give us more freedom to hang out and all without any nonsense from the theater or patrons of it.

The place is on San Jose Blvd almost by the K-Mart area....not hard to find. I'll give more details this week.

-Terry

38. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    A side note about costumes/props....

Even if you feel it may not be something we could use, bring it anyways because you never know! I will try to work in anything I think we could use. If we have more people than anticipated, I am sure we can find a way to make it all work on film or as a behind the scenes type thing. Eveyone will get credit for something if they are involved with the film.

Also, just a thought...any extra video cameras or tripods could be used as well. I have access to at least two cameras and tripods....possibly another of each, but if we can get more, then the choices of angles greatly increase and would make for a better film.
    -Terry

39. yoda1248

yoda1248 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Is filming going to be sunday or just a meeting. The reason I ask is because i just recently orderded my costume from a man on ebay and he said 4-6 weeks. So i would have to sit it out if filming starts sunday...let me know thanks joshua

40. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    This is just a meeting. We'll decide on a date either that day or later on in posts here.
    -Terry

41. DairNimiris

May 19, 2005
    Ew, don't make a tripod film :p I have a crude steady cam if you need it, home-made and works with an XL-1 and I mean WORKS, so don't let looks fool you. I also have an XL-1 and I GUESS a tripod to go with it.

for images of the Mandalorian outfit, just hit up my server. http://archangel.rooms.cwal.net/Feng/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.