main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by YoungJedi11, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Eh, I figured we needed a thread not for the beta.

So, any interesting stories yet? Or are we all still waiting for the gosh-forsaken servers? :mad:

2. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Here's a story for you, I got into the server, met with Keiran, then the server crashed again. Fun story eh?

3. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah, Matt's sentence pretty much sums up my entire day. :_|

4. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I got killed by some prancy swamp-thing on Tatooine, and got arrested by stormtroopers.

5. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    You got arrested?

6. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Yeah. :/

Luckily, I was already disconnected at that point, so maybe it didn't save it.

If it did, that character gets a visit from Mr. Delete.

What exactly happens when you get arrested, anyway?

7. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I didn't even know that was possible. What did you get arrested for?

8. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    OK, you guys....HELP!

I'm....scared.

Uh, yeah...

So you see, I bought the game on Friday...and I'm just now loading it.

What if I royally mess something up?

How do I do this?

If any of you are around...respond, please!

9. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    What kind of help do you need?

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, what kind?

11. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Just, "lots"!!!!

12. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    GB, when you're in game send me a tell (in the chat window type /tell marma then your message) and I'll help you.

13. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Here's another story. Remember that one time when Garrett brought us right into that group of Imps and they killed me. Thanks jerk. :)

14. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Nah, I think I was checking out the base and you guys were gone when I got back. I heard about it later though. ;)

15. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Matt, it was an accident. :( I swear!

That was pretty frickin' cool though. :D

16. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    :~)

OK, I actually went on two missions, and found out what sorts of weird stuff live out in the wild in Naboo.

A friend from the RHS basically ran around and shot stuff, and I followed him around and did clean up....and ran away.

I did die once, but it was because I ran INTO the rabid wolf thing instead of AWAY from it!

And then Keiran was nice enough to run around Moenia with me and not have anything happen.

My eyes are tired. My wallet is emptier. (Did I mention we had to buy a new video card for this?) But I have successfully played...once!

Thanks all!

17. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Thanks you guys for being such awesome, wonderful people. I'm still scared of the game, but at least I know now I can run around in some places and not die. :~)

Anyway, I thought I'd share my "how I came to get the game" story....(why? I dunno....!)

After the meeting Thursday, as I mentioned, I stopped by the EB in Camarillo and they were out. I dropped off a flier and was told that I could order it and have them hold it for me. Not planning on going back to Camarillo real soon, I declined.

Got home and Mr. GB kept telling me how cool it sounded and how I should try to get it. So, liking the excuse to run to the mall, I went by Friday afternoon. The guys at EB said they were out, took a flier (which they didn't think they'd be able to post), and I left. Not wanting the day to be a total waste, I stopped by Macy's and bought a new swimsuit. (I don't know if this was consoling or self-punishing...hmmmm....)

Well, in a flash of brilliancy, I remembered that the Camarillo store guy had said I could put money down to reserve a copy from the next shipment., so I rushed back, new swimsuit in hand, I waited my turn, and the guy started entering my contact info. Needing the bar code (it wasn't coming up in the reserve list), he went back to grab someone else's reserved copy.

He brought it out and stopped and looked me straight in the eye and asked, "How badly do you want this?" Not sure what he meant (I wasn't about to say, pay double or whatever), I told him, "Well, I'm trying to reserve a copy, so I guess that means I want it...."

He told me that someone had preordered a copy but left a number that was no longer in service, so he sold it to me! Woohoo!!

Of course.....I then was so scared I waited until Sunday to try and install it, and then had my whole video card adventure!

18. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    That's funny, and here I am with 2 copies hahaha. I'm still stuck on your last post though: "A friend from the RHS basically ran around and shot stuff, and I followed him around and did clean up".

There's a him in the RHS? How exactly does that work?

19. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Woah. That's pretty, um, odd. A him? I repeat, woah.

P.S. Server rollbacks are not your friend.

20. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    One of the guys in my PA just sent me a /tell with the craziest story!

Apparently he was getting beat up by like 6 things at once and all of a sudden a Jedi appeared and said "this place is not safe for you Twi Lek" and then proceeded to kill all the things that were attacking him really super fast with a lightsaber! Then he just disappeared! Isn't that the coolest thing EVER? I think it must have been one of the Developers, still though, that rules.

On a down note, the Devs said StarStrider is officially full. That sucks for everyone, I may end up having to start over on another server. I'm not sure though. I'll have to wait to see what my PAs going to do then decide from there.

21. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Well, I have a rather interesting story. Here it goes:

So, I came back to Tatooine from Naboo with YJ to go hunting, so we got in this hunting group but then YJ had to leave. So, I went off hunting with these three other guys, and we hunted from Mos Eisley to Anchorhead. Once in Anchorhead, I saw this guy who was running around screaming that the Imps from Bestine were going to attack soon. So I joined this group of about 25+ Rebels, and we got ready. Well, like 40 Imps came at us, countless numbers of Stormies. Well 600 BF and 1044 wounds later, I was forced to flee. I did kill three though...

22. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, um, I have -987 in Jawa standing, so I had a frigging Sandcrawler chasing me this morning.

Didn't last long.

23. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    "Yes, Virginia, there *are* men in the RHS

LOL

There always have been, and probably always will be. The guys are either fans of the actresses, or just heard what a nice bunch of people are there as newbies and joined. Some have wives or girlfriends or whoever in security/armed forces type jobs and relate to the handmaidens that way, and some originally just came in looking for gals to hit on. :~D The RHS was originally started, in fact, by a guy who did a poll about which handmaiden was their favorite (or most hot, depending on who was answering).

I'm really bummed that I can't go follow you guys around (and no doubt get lots of healing practice!) on Starstrider, at least not for now. :~( Come and find me on...uh....Corbiscant? (Or whatever that's called) when you can. Keiran probably knows the real name for the server!

So, I did a ton of training last night, lots of healing, and did a couple of missions....and then I got booted. I'd been on for about 2 hours.....when I get home and check, will the computer remember anything I did last night? Please? I hope???? (Someone give me hope...please!)

BTW, I pulled a marmakecam. I didn't notice how very, very far a waypoint was for a mission, and I ended up running from the Southern end to the Northern end of the Naboo continent I was on (from Moenia to Kadaara, I think) to deliver something. At least I got (or did before it crashed) 757 credits! Woohoo!

Another weird thing...maybe you guys can explain this to me.
    I accepted a mission from a bounty hunter. It was to go find/locate/determine whether a certain site was actively being used by someone or other for storing stuff. The location was a big "?" but he did give me a mystery waypointer thingy to follow. I started out, but got more and more freaked out by all the red dots I kept seeing (have I mentioned I'm developing a red dot phobia?) on my little radar, and thought better of the fact that it was a 15 difficulty mission and aborted the mission.
    Questions: Why would be just looking for/at a building be considered so hard? Are bounty hunter missions meant to be really different than other kinds? Am I insane for freaking out whenever I see a red dot anywhere near me???? (And of course, am I just insane?)

I still can't quite move very well, and I have no idea how to develop my skills, but I'm not scared to death anymore.

And, Keiran, nice battle story! (EDIT) marmakecam, very cool Jedi story! And I figured out to heal people, just follow hunting parties around. :~D They are always getting hurt.

24. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Uh, sorry to rain on the parade, but marmakecam had the Jedi story. ;) I blame it on the amount of Galaxies we have all been playing. No worries. :)

You should start back where you got booted from, so that's some good news. :)

25. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I like Galaxies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.