main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    What an strange journey it has been... feeling bored of most FPS and WoW like mmos I loaded up SWG for the first time since the NGE destroyed the game I loved. I must say I'm not hating it. Most of the game we used to play is still intact. There are only 9 professions instead of the 32. The crafting system is still complex and fighting can be made to be the same as it was pre-NGE... for the most part. Space has been left untouched... except for the addition of collection loots which actually are fun to try to collect... since each collection brings it's very own in game reward. All in all I'm enjoying playing again... which is something I didn't think would happen. I encourage all of my lost brothers on StarSider to join me once again to... either relax in the Mos Eisley cantina... take down a Dathomir Rancor... or even blow up a Corellian Corvette in space.

May the Force be with all of you!
    Lod-Reh SaJon ~ StarSider

2. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Nearly one month later... I'm still playing though I can see the end is nigh. SWG is still going fairly strong but with rampant inflation due to credit sellers and no end game content the game is still a game very dependant on what you make of it. For an ol' explorer like myself I find wondering the landscape and helping moisture farmers run off womp rats to be more rewarding than the mission payouts. The scale and beauty of the game is beyond anything else... well until Old Republic MMO from BioWare comes out. Hopefully this new mmo will take all the best parts of SWG into consideration. Here's a pint of the blue that the Old Republic is more captivating and enjoyable that anything I can imagine to date.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~ StarSider

On a side note: StarSider is now the most populated server in SWG... all other servers seem to be ghost towns.

3. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Well the experience of reliving SWG has come to a close. The people are still great and the locations are breath taking... but if you log in without a clear plan of what you want to do then you'll be hopelessly lost. It is not a bad game but without direction and lasting impacts to the world... your character's life seems almost pointless... and that is not the way to keep people engaged. So once again I bid the SWG universe goodbye and hope there is something much better on the horizon.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~ Starsider

4. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.