main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JGordon24, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Wyman

Chris Wyman Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2008
    Hey guys,

As some of you might have seen, the Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance is growing in size and gaining momentum as Celebration V approaches.

Right now, we currently have the Tampa Star Wars Club, The OrLando System and The Treasure Coast Star Wars Club in the Alliance. I'm looking to add more clubs around the state of Florida. This would require someone to either start up a group or for a group already going to simply join.

I would need the President of this club to be someone trustworthy and knowledgeable in organizing events and someone who is willing to run things for this area. Eventually, we would have an event in Jacksonville for the entire Alliance which means some of us would be traveling a few hours to get there. We've done this in Port Saint Lucie and it turned out fantastic.

Is anyone in the Jacksonville area interested?

2. KnightFr0mOssus

KnightFr0mOssus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    I would be interested. I'm not the president though. Our PR Dwight is busy most of the time and rarely comes on. Our vice pres hasn't been on since '07. Yet we are in the process of reviving the group. I'll ask the other regular member, Vossk, on this forum though because he's a senior member and has been the PR before so he has more say in the matter than I do. I'll notify him and discuss it with him.

3. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Sounds good.

4. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Well actually, considering the club has been dead for so long, I think I should approve instead of wait for the other's to do so. There's no harm to be done and I'm sure the others would be happy to have the club join the SWGFA's roster since nothing goes on here with the fanforce anyways, so go ahead and add us to GFA. I don't think anyone will be opposed to me doing so.

Contact us whenever you want to schedule an event and I'll talk it over with the fanforce and 501st's Squad 7

5. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Sending you an email...

6. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    ok, thanks.

7. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    What kind of events are we looking at doing? We'd be happy to join up with a fellow group for major troopings.
    As was previously said, we don't have much to offer right now. We're about to have a meeting and we'll get back to you after that, next weekend. If you would be so kind as to send me an e-mail too, I'd appreciate it.

8. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Email coming for you as well...

9. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'll send an e-mail along as well.

First off, feel free to participate in the GFA message boards regardless of the status of this FanForce. I'd really like to see JAX develop a group again, too, but you're always welcome in the GFA.

10. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Will do. I already posted a link on the group's facebook page.

11. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    To all members of FCJK, the SWGFA are holding another gathering at Heroe's Landing Comic shop in Clermont, Florida from 5 to 9 this Saturday. For the first time, Brian Muir, the guy who sculpted Vader's armor and the stormtrooper armor(sans helmet) for ANH using the finalized concepts that Mcquarrie drew is going to be in America signing autographs at this event as well as selling his autobiography "In The Shadow of Vader".

12. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    I went to their latest event and it was a blast. There were tons of people and a few members of the 501st. There must've been around 50 people in that little comic shop. I walked around aimlessly and quietly the whole time(I'm very shy) but just being around other people as passionate as me about Star Wars was nice. Next time I'll try to talk more.

Also, some guy was selling rare figures for very low prices. He sold a Darth Revan for like $10. He also sold a concept boba fett figure with Jeremy Bulloch's autograph for around $10. I bought a dark trooper for $5 and a concept Chewbacca with Peter Mayhew's autograph for $10.

13. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    Heh...we actually had over 100 people attend our last event! I foresee a lot more than this at our upcoming event at Emerald City Comics & Toys in Seminole, FL on October 2nd though. See you there! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.