main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Insider ALERT!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    IT'S OUT!

SW Insider #57 is available in very limited copies at Kinokuniya for $15.03 each. I just gotten mine from the box in the afternoon while they were sorting the new magazines out. After I gotten my 2 copies, I saw about 6-10 copies left for the staffs to display. Not sure about Borders as those fellow tend to put the magazine up later than Kinokuniya.

Content: Wow! Zam Wesell is hard to resist (she's all in leather some more; ouch!) (next candidate for me to be? :p ).

Jargo Fett- :D Can stare at his armor forever.

Boba Fett, not much but still quite good looking.

Amidala and Handmaid Gown: Aaaaaaarrrrhhhhh! :eek:

The comments that comes with the pictures: Heeheee; what are the writers thinking?

I'm going to start scanning as soon as I can grab my dad's computer and scanner (darn Celebro! Can't connect to the old scanner! :( )

Hope I didn't reveal anything spoilers! :p

Darth Eagle

2. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Hmmm... Leather... [face_love]

3. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    I think I want to be spoiler free :)
    But thats hard. Was sitting around the lobby at SHAW Towers yesterday and the EPII trailer came about in the big preview screen in the hall. My gf pointed out "eh? Starwars leh", though want to be spoiler free, I lifted my head in sub-conscious obligation and there you see Jango Fett (I guess) shooting laser beams like he's shooting a machine gun, one word - cool. So it says "The Saga continues - May 2002"

4. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Confirm, meh? May ah?

5. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    The trailer says so leh. So should be correct loh. Maybe there'll be some delay lah but who knows. It'll be May for now.

6. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Thanks for thr heads up!
    See, I'm so swuar Koo... ;)

7. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Hohoholeh...

Hohoholah... :)

Went to Kinokunia during the weekend. Couldn't find the SW Insider. must be sold out. :(

Found Chinese version "Lord of the Rings". hmm, maybe will buy and read.

8. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Wah Lau, you're willing to read the LOTR after all?! That's like theree books and 1000+ pages!
    Champion, sia you. ;)

9. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    I said "maybe", only if the movie is very good and I want to know more. then I will have no choice but read the book.

Don't be panic lah. :)

10. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    I'll buy the comic just for the story, I know I'll probably be missing out chunks, but I already support too many storylines. My brain memory needs to be formatted soon to allow for some serious downloading next year...

*Ahem*

Star Wars Insider... Well, I only buy like one or two a year, because, you know, the cost, and I don't think that I'll be getting this one...

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hazellukeyang, did you try Borders after that? Kinokuniya usually get about 10 Insiders every issue so it will runs out within a few days. Borders will get more (20-30?) but price $1-2 more. :( And if I predict correctly, the Insider will be displayed at Kinokuniya 1 day after the assigned newstand release date. This month, the assigned date is Dec 4 and I gotten mine from the box on Dec 5.

When next issue release date is announced, I'll surely post it here and maybe a reminder a day or 2 before the date. ;)

HumsupFett, yousa back! :) I think you saw the teaser trailer at Shaw. It's very short and got Vader's breathing throughout the trailer, right?

AOTC will be release in Singapore (and many other countries except Japan, Mexico etc) on May 16th, 12 hours earlier than in US (May 16th too). But I think New Zealand will get it a few hours earlier than us. Looks like the "One World, One Release" Campaign was almost successful!

Hmm, LOTR. Haven't read the book before but I'm planning to watch the movie when it's release. Got a few veteran in it too; "Count Dooku" and "Magneto"!

12. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    The release date of AOTC in various countries is at starwars.com .

Some places are unlucky, the release date for them is sometime in July. :eek:

x Clare x

13. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Yesa, meesa back. Saw zhe bleathing twailer over at TV aboutz 2 weekz agos and itz rite after "The Practice". Zhe one I saw in SHAW has-a gotta no soundz, so dunno itz bleathing or nots?

OK, this JJB things is killing me. I hope this one will be better than TPM. You notice the story is about the same here, we have Obi-Wan & Anakin vouching for Amidala while in ESB, we have Han Solo and Luke for Leia.

14. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Darth_Eagle: I will try Borders soon. thanks. Just too lazy to go to Orchard. :)

HumsupFett: I worried the same thing. If Anakin turn to the dark side bos of some love story, I will totally give up!!! I mean, Darth Vader, the greatest villain in the movie history, he became bad guy only bos of love?

But I don't see conflict between Han and Luke in ESB. Luke seems accept the truth --Leia loves Han--peacefully.

15. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    You remember the scene in ESB when Luke is back to Echo base fresh from the Wampa attack. When the trio was inside one scene when Leia scolded Han as "laser-brain" and Chewie went heck heck heck!! Then Leia gave Luke a kiss and Luke sooth back meanwhile maneouvering both hands to the back of the head looking at Han with a "Victory" look? Not forgetting Han is always thinking Luke is a competitor in love as well as a friend.

But I agree, this is more of a friendly match with no ill feelings. Anakin being predicted as having much "fear" in him by Yoda however does not take competition lightly. As Yoda has said "Fear leads to anger!!"

lets all wait and see the much anticipated EPII :)

16. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    To be honest, I rather to see Luke and Leia together. Even though I agree that Han is more man but Luke is lovely too. I think a lot fans feel the same as me so that's why Mara Jade is so popular in EU. People think Luke deserves a better, hotter and stronger girl.

17. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    OK, I finally got a copy of #57 SW Insider - 20 days after the first post. At first when I read from D-E, I have no idea how the cover of the mag looks but when I see it yesterday (at a comic shop in Heeren), its instant purchase.
    You have Jango (in a twin pistol shooting position) and Zam Wesell (in a "don't move or I'll shoot" pose)on a orangee-yellow background. I'm a sucker for most thing yellow and when you have 2 bounty hunters to add, there's just no resisting.
    Inside, I'm still treated with a "Who's who in the New Jedi Order", now that's cool.

But I think the coolest of the mag I bought yesterday is it only cost me $13 :D and its the last copy (according to the shopkeeper). So long for my spoiler free dayz :)

18. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    SW Insider is now available at most of the BUZZ newsstand around Bus Interchange and MRT stations...

So no worries of shortages... TIMES Publishing imports this mags in!

19. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Is the Jan edition out yet?

20. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Can I say we can order this mag now? Instead of buying from the newstands. Hope to get a cheaper rate that way :)

21. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Are you talking about subscribtion?
    How, ah? From Times or from US?
    :confused:

22. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah, subscribtion.
    How? Dunno yet.

23. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Foreigners are allowed to subscribe. Juz refer to the subscription cards in the Insider!

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    SW Insider #58 is to be released today 5th Feb but Kinokuniya will put them up tomorrow or Thursday.

Insider #58

Get ready your gears!! :D

Ps: For those who got PM for me, I'll try to reply soon. My notebook down and I got restricted time on my brother's computer (he and his C&C game). And I'm busy with school! :(

25. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    How much does one issue cost?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.