main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Star Wars: Jedi Academy Sessions

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by LBJ, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBJ

LBJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2004
    Greetings all....as previously discussed this is a thread for all things Jedi Academy related!

To be specific...this is for coordinating online PC games of Jedi Academy which began last night where LBJ had a glorious victory over stinky in the first map and the following maps....well...the less said about those the better. :D

We are running version 1.1 so if needed you can download the patch from here:

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Jedi_Knight_Academy_Patch_101;20459

I propose we all install the additional official maps as well to increase the variety, they can be dowlonaded from here:

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/JA_Bonus_Maps_from_Raven;21384

There is heaps more stuff that can be added if we want to get really crazy with it...but I thought we'd start off with the official stuff to begin with.

2. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Downloaded those maps, they'll be on the server when I get home...

I need to find a force configuration that I don't end up wishing for a power I don't have... (wish you could combine dark with light powers as you could in JKII multi). Everytime I got a profile sorted, it seemed to lack something that was necessary to survive.. ie: jump or push or 'stop-choking-you-so&so' or something else...

As for the server issues, I'm not sure what the problem was. Your friend was able to figure out something at their end to get connected that second time, All I know is, I was watching the server messages as people were trying to connect and when they were getting time-outs, the server wasn't even registering their attempts.. We still need to nut out what the problem was/is. From what I could tell though, Windows XP tries to block the multiplayer component by default.. Might need to check the local firewall to confirm it's allowed through..

This weekend I'm kinda busy, but I can leave the server up at certain times if you guys want to play. I have my Dad visiting (so that might rule out Sat night) and a full day Sunday (Ryper Cup). But if we get times sorted I can have it up and ready and I'll join in if I'm in...

[edit: and the lbj bashing is just fun... :D ]

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Indeed, the LBJ bashing is pure fun. How could I possibly not like a guy who does 54 damage in one of my RPGs?

Other matters for interested parties: Just for reference so we don't have to go looking for it elsewhere, the WAFF Server has the password 'deadlbj'. If you're part of, or a good friend of, the WAFF, and would like to play with us, PM Stinky_Jawa, LBJ, or Saintheart to get the IP address.

As for connection problems: in my case maybe it was impatience, but I basically connected and got a "waiting for connection" message which ticked over for a good 90 seconds or so before I gave up. I tried again, but similar problems ensued, so I'm not sure that it actually timed out per se. I did try other servers with low pings just for comparison and didn't have a problem at all with connections or playing, so I don't think it was my machine causing the problem. I'm running Windows Vista (basic/home version) if that assists at all.

4. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Ha ha...shame that 54 damage was against the goblin and not the orgre....wait a minute didn't someone convince me to hit the goblin first? NOooooooooooooo!

As for your connection problems Saint, myself and one other experienced exactly the same thing. We believe it is a firewall issue....you may have to go into control panel and firewall settings for windows and add the Jedi Academy exe files to your firewall exceptions list. I believe you need to add a seperate exe files for the multiplayer aspect from the single player exe file of the game (you know how when you load the game you select single player or multiplayer? They have seperate exe files so you have to add the multiplayer one to the firewall exceptions list).

Hope that makes sense....stinky may be able to offer further help if required but I hope [face_praying] that clears up the problem.

5. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    I know it may sound odd because you could connect to other games....but so could our third player (not a forum member) but he found once he added the files to his firewall exceptions list it started working.

I don't know why but thought it's worth a shot. :confused:

6. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Maybe we need a chat proggy going as well at some point. LBJ and I were communicating via SMS last night during server issues.
    As you can't tab out of JA (it seems to hog the limelight and wont let anything in front of it), it means checking the forum is out.
    I can always leave a chat window open on the server which I will hear a 'ding' from if someone is messaging me.

I saw your initial prob last night Saint, re-started the server and made some changes, but didn't know if you were still trying (which you were), but I assumed after refreshing the forum for about 15mins that you had given up and then accidently got hooked into the game itself and forgot to check back..

Some other method of chat would be good (msn? or something like that)..

Also, I have a Dynamic IP. Which means the server IP will change as my internet connection does. I'll keep you guys up to date with it prior to a game day.. The server name will stay the same so it should still be able to be searched for

7. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    The firewall exceptions list solution might do the job; I'll give it a try and see how I go. Just have to find whatever the hell they've renamed the "Firewall Exceptions" tab from XP to Vista. :D

8. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm going to have a poke through my old games and see if I have this, I almost always get slaughtered in multiplayer games, but I'm a good loser these days.

9. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Ditto, Az. At least we won't be alone. ;)

10. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    OK so this week things are looking good for a Tuesday or Wednesday night session of Academy.....I am busy tonight and going out Thursday night.

Stinky?

Saint?

Anyone else?

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Wednesday sounds good for me. Midweek terminations FTW!

12. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    HHAHAHAHAAH excellent....

Stinky you good for Wednesday?

13. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Yep. Sure thing. What time? 8? Earlier?

14. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Oh, also, what settings/preferences do you want?

Non saber weapons? No force/with force? If with Force, uber Force Gods or Padawan nublets? etc etc.

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    8 is good for me. Personally I vote saber only. Force powers ... hmmm. I'll go along with Jedi Master setting so long as there's nothing lame like Choke + Pivot Right + Drop player down Death Star reactor core... :D

After all, we have to let the Lightning Spammers have their moment :p :p

16. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    See LBJ? I'm not the only one that finds that annoying :p

17. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    If the game lets you do it then it's a valid option! :_|

I'm good for 8pm Wednesday...will adjust my firewall settings before logging in.

I'm happy with sabre-only, some games with force, some games with no force.

I'm excited about the new maps! Should be good.

[face_dancing]

18. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    *just throws himself off ledges instead of letting you have the satisfaction* - Hmm.. sounds vaguely familiar

[edit: I don't know the commands to change settings on the fly, so assuming everything is up and running well once we get it all going I'll probably have to kill the server every time I make changes. I'll go for Full Force, Sabers only on the first match. Although, I think adding weapons last time added a bit of chaos to the mix.. lol..

19. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Bonus maps now installed here, too. I'll look at my firewall settings tonight...been practicing a little out on the wilds of the other servers.

I'll still get smashed, but at least I trained up for it. :D

20. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    If you're being choked or dangled off the edge of a cliff by lbj I'll come to the rescue and take you both out... Only happy to help.. ;)

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Had my last training session last night. Was quite an experience to say the least, though I am happy to say during the course of my travels across the wilds of a couple of servers I did manage to kill one top-rated player on one map (though the rest of my kills were roughly 0.)

I'm finding "strong style" to be a little unbalanced, I confess: I hit some people out there at least ten times with a double-bladed lightsaber, and one hit with a strong style takes me out? How the hell does that work (unless of course somebody's cheated...sigh...)

Anyway, firewalls are not a problem at least on my end from what Vista is telling me, so that's covered. I do suggest MSN, though, in case there's a problem -- I just use this userid for that service as well if people need to find me.

22. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    I thought you could change the game settings from the in-game menu's?

I could be wrong. [face_whistling]

Yeah using all weapons certainly mixed it up last week, he he. A mixture of different settings will be good anyway...see how it goes hopefully it will all get up and running easily enough.

23. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I can't seem to have any any success.. LBJ will set one up in a sec

Will send you his IP. Servers name is WAFF, same password.

24. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    gah....................awaiting connection............gah...........

:_|

25. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    gah..............awaiting connection..................gah.... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.