main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Star Wars Memories Diary

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Dec 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, I'm glad to hear that he was alright. I have to remember that next time me and my friends decide to fool around with those lightsabers.

2. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    (like on a bus with cheap little things? :p )

Strike!

'Twas the night 4 years ago....You guessed it, the night Episode I was released. Me and some of my family were down at the Outer Banks in NC. My parents had said earlier that we were going bowling, but not until 12:00 AM...I was suspicious at first, but completly bought into it later. The time fast approached and we went to go 'bowling' at 12:00...well, we passed the bowling alley, but my parents said that there was another one up the road...then we pulled in to a movie theater showing Episode I...they said there was a bowling alley inside the place in addition to a theater...now, I still had no suspicions, being the 8 yearold that I was. But when we joined the huge line of people and I saw the cardboard-standups of various E I characters, I went crazy, jumping up and down and thanking my parents multiple times for bringing me to see Episode I at the first night and the first showing (open to the general public, of course.) I had no clue when or how they got tickets, but they did...even though the movie sucked (though I liked it immensly at first), it was still a memorable experiance.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    [face_laugh] That's great! Your parents told you that you were going bowling at midnight...and you believed it! You're very gullible, my friend. :p

The "Force" of July

This one goes back to the summer after The Phantom Menace was released. The hype was still really big around this "summer blockbuster" and everyone you ran into on the street knew about it.

Anyway, it was Independance Day and every year our community sponsers something called, "Community Days." (if you live in the area, I'm sure you've heard of it ;) ) Anyway, the last night of this "spectacular event", they hold a fireworks display and the best place in town to see it is at the top of the hill of the Shillington K-Mart. Now, there is something else of interest at the top of this hill, Crazed_Ewok's house! :p And right beside his house is a nice big grassy knoll where people like to gather to watch the display.

As usual, I was over at his house to watch the show...eventhough we weren't planning on doing that. [face_devil] Instead, we were outside on Crazed's deck "entertaining" the crowd of people that gathered. We started by blasting Star Wars music over the sound system that is linked to the outside. When that didn't go over very well, Crazed started screaming, "YODA!" really loud off of the deck. And when that once again proved to be a failure, we ran into the house and grabbed our secret weapon...a plastic lightsaber and a plastic baby-toy pole thing, which we used for a double-bladed lightsaber.

We ran outside to the front of the house, where Crazed turned on his green Luke Skywalker lightsaber and I twirled my...pole-thing. We then commenced into a very cool lightsaber duel. Crazed whacked the pine trees scattered around the yard a few times, as well as my fingers(which caused me to curse a few times)...but other than that, it was a cool display...maybe even better than the fireworks. There was only one problem...I don't think anyone was watching us. :p

4. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    ROTFLMAO! I REMEMBER THAT! and if I recall correctly, you told me to yell "Yoda" out loud and you were also right beside be yelling "Chewie" ;)

5. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh yea...heh...I forgot about that. :p That's probably because yelling, "Chewie!" didn't sound as funny as yelling, "Yoda!" ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.