main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Star Wars Miniatures Release Tournament!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LingSter, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    :oops: I forgot about the fliers too. The next tourney is this coming Saturday, December 2.

The Starships release event turned out to be $45 for a starter box and a booster pack to play with no prize support or credit in ranking. This game is so complicated, but I think we got the hang of most of it by the end of the second game. Since the starships minis cannot be combined with the mini figures, there aren't any starships tourneys scheduled until perhaps late January. I also picked up January's schedule and will post it later.

2. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    I picked up a new schedule at Millennium Games for the Star Wars Miniature gaming events. Here's an update - please note, there are changes.

December 16, 1 PM: Old School!
    Cost: $5
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed/Gambit. Bring your favorite 150pt battle force, duke it out in GAMBIT format. No HUGES allowed this time around. (LingSter is not running this one.)

December 30, 1 PM: Battle for Hoth
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed. Bring your 200pt battle force, cxonsisting of either rebels or Empire. Join the fight to keet the AT-ATs at bay! Or stop the rebels from escaping! This is a large format game played over 6 maps! See rules handout for more information. (I hope to get one of these handouts on Saturday to post details here.)

January 13, 1 PM: Standard game
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed/Gambit. Bring your favorite 100pt battle force, duke it out in GAMBIT format.

January 27, 1 PM: Standard game.
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed/Gambit. Bring your favorite 150pt battle force, duke it out in GAMBIT format.

3. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Just a quick reminder about mini gaming this Saturday at Millenium.

4. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    I picked up a new schedule at Millenium Games on Saturday for the Star Wars Miniature gaming events. Since John would like to play different maps, I think that he didn't want any huges for the next game. I'm surprised more people haven't gotten involved in this. Yes, the game can get very expensive since it is so addictive, but people are always looking to trade. Also, Diane or I could outfit you cheaply with a decent team to play (except Starships). Typically, it costs $5 to play 3 DCI-sanctioned games, and each month there is a different promo figure (a repainted common or uncommon from the latest set) and sometimes other promos like posters, window clings, maps, tiles, and tokens for those who play. I think I finally have the hang of it - I came in first last Saturday!

All events are DCI sanctioned! (except Starships Battles)

February 10, 1 PM: Standard game.
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed/Gambit. Bring your favorite 200pt battle force, duke it out in Gambit format. No huges?

February 24, 1 PM: Starships!
    Format: Constructed. Bring your favorite 300pt starships fleet! Duke it out for Galactic Supremacy!

March 10, 1 PM: Standard game.
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed/Gambit. Bring your favorite 200pt battle force, duke it out in Gambit format.

March 24, 1 PM: Starships!
    Format: Constructed. Bring your 100pt starships fleet! Storyline scenario! Check back for further details!

*Edited to fix typos.*

5. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I wish I had the time, but I'm glad you guys are having fun!

At the moment, any "hobby" cash I have is going towards costumes and cons.

~Doc_Bev

6. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Nicky,
    If it comes down to needing pieces...I'll build ya a team and you can just come play. :)
    Ya dont have to own the minis outside of a convention gaming atmosphere :)

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Unfortunately, any "hobby" time I have is spent working on costumes and earning money for cons. ;)

And of course, it's only wishful thinking that I even have hobby time or cash to begin with. :p

~Doc_Bev

8. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Just a reminder that this Saturday is the first Starships battle since the release event for this set.

9. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    If I dont get better, I'm not making troooping or gaming this week.
    Confounded illness! :_|

10. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    I picked up a new schedule at Millenium Games on Saturday for the Star Wars Miniature gaming events. (All events have the WOTC prize kit for prizes unless noted otherwise)
    All events are DCI sanctioned! (except Starships Battles)

April 7, 1 PM: Hero Hunt.
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed. Bring your favorite 100pt battle force. Only one unique character can be in your squad, costing no more than 70pts. Keep him/her alive!

April 21, 1 PM: Starships!
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed. Bring your favorite 150pt starships fleet! Storyline scenario! Only 1 unique, only 1 class 2 ship, and as many class 3 & 4 ships to make up 150 points.

May 5, 1 PM: Clone Vader.
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed. Bring your favorite 150pt battle force. It must include 1 Darth Vader figure. May the best Vader win!

May 19, 1 PM: Starships!
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed. Bring your 200pt starships fleet! Storyline scenario! Check back for further details!

Also, the new Alliance and Empire Booster packs are scheduled to be released May 23, 2007, so there may be a sealed release tournament on May 25th.?

11. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Lingster PM'ed me this morning that the "Clone Vader" event for this Saturday is cancelled due to a Yu-Gi-Oh event that is taking over Millenium on May 5th.. He hopes to reschedule it some time. Also, there aren't any plans finalized yet for a release event, but there probably will be one at the end of the month.

12. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Lingster told me that the Alliance and Empire Release Event will be during the next scheduled SW gaming - June 2, 2007 starting at 1 p.m., not this week when they come out. It will be a sealed tournament meaning buy 2 boosters and play from them. You should bring $35 to cover the cost of the 2 boosters and prize support ( the cost may be less).

I guess June 16th. would be Starship Battles. I'll post more info as I get it.

13. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Hey, you could still come to Bingo for Celebration IVa! ;) [face_dancing]

14. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    :( Sorry, I still have a Dreamblade tournament on Saturday at 5 p.m. as well as family stuff on Sunday. Last week after SW minis I came in 4th. with a premade team and the help of each person who won the buy including the guy who is 4th. in the nation for Dreamblade tourneys. I was rolling really well when I used the standard dice and won 2 games. However, when I rolled with the promo/prize blue dice I lost. Since I am so new to the game, they gave me a tournament map, promos, 6 dice that were lucky for me that day, and nearly 2 whole boosters (minus a rare and an uncommon minis that people wanted as prizes) to build my collection for $5 to play. :eek: Perhaps beginners luck. I think this game is easier to pickup quickly than SW minis; not to mention this is a really nice group to play with. It was fun even when I lost. LOL Perhaps they were just happy they had enough people for a tournament to get a promo and ratings in DCI and that there may be someone new to play with. [face_thinking]

15. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Just a reminder that the Alliance and Empire Release Event will be this Saturday, June 2, 2007 starting at 1 p.m. even though many of us have already bought a case of figures or so. It will be a sealed tournament meaning buy 2 boosters and play a 100 point team from them. You should bring $35 to cover the cost of the 2 boosters and prize support (the cost may be less).

16. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Here's info. on upcoming Star Wars Miniature gaming events at Millenium Games. (All events have the WOTC prize kit for prizes unless noted otherwise)
    All events are DCI sanctioned! (unless noted otherwise)

July 14, 12 PM, noon: Wicket Wars!
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed. Bring your favorite 100 pt battle force. It must include 1 WICKET figure. May the best Ewok win! (This event is NOT DCI SANCTIONED and will be run on custom maps)

July 28, 12 PM, noon: 150pt
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed. Bring your favorite 150 pt battle force.

17. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Wont be making the 28th as I should be leaving for Binghamton around the time we're supposed to start.

18. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Here's info. on upcoming Star Wars Miniature gaming events at Millenium Games. (All events have the WOTC prize kit for prizes unless noted otherwise)
    All events are DCI sanctioned!

October 6th, 1 PM: 150pt
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Famous pairs! Your squad must include 2 unique famous pairs. IE: Luke/Yoda, Han/Chewie, R2/3PO, Jacin/Jania, Obi/Ani, etc. (That's 2 pairs of unique figures)

October 20th, 1 PM: 200pt
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed. Bring your favorite 150 pt battle force.

*Sorry, I copied the typos as is. Hopefully, John will correct the obvious ones. ;)

19. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Sick.

http://www.kidzworld.com/article/9172-star-wars-miniatures-the-force-unleashed-set-previews

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/star-wars-the-force-unleashed/825504p1.html

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    The spelled Wookiee wrong!! [face_shame_on_you]

~Doc_Bev

21. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    The next event will be the Force Unleashed Release Event on Saturday, November 17th. at 1 p.m. at Millennium Games. For $25 you get 2 boosters of the new set to play from. $5 of the fee will go towards prize support. See you there.

22. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
  23. LingSter

LingSter Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2001
    things might change with this tourney. Not sure. This is a WOTC Release event. Not sure if the price might raise. I hope not.

There are special prizes for the tournament, including a SQUAD BOX for the first 15 participants that show up!

24. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
  25. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Yeahh, Rochester's event has made Wizard's website. I plan to be there.

Will we be playing 100 point teams without huges or 150 point teams with huges?

People on the forums are speculating that a squad box is an empty box with a Star Wars scene on it to store your squad in like those given away as prizes at Dreamblade 1K and 10K tournaments. However, I cannot find any other info on the web about what a "squad box" truly will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.