main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Star Wars miniatures

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Acthar_Sm-Ith, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    anyone going to play this when it comes out in 2 weeks? its a mini game based on the d20 rules. looks pretty fun to me. here are some pictures from gen con of them.

linking isn't work, so copy+paste for you!
    http://www.gamingreport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showgall&gid=134

EDIT: link working?!

2. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    HOLY SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP ON A FLYING HAMPSTER! they have Admiral Acbar. I can guarentee any game I play as the rebels I will use him and I will say "It's a trap!" over and over. and a Wampa (i love wampas). best game EVAR!

3. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I am all over this. Curse the purveyors of cool stuff and my lack of money!!!!

I have all the WotC SW mini's, and some West End ones. These look really cool.

I pray they don't end up discontinued.....

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Plus they are great for RPG's, too. Way way easier to use than full size action figures.

5. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    and they are delicious!

6. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    mmmmm, if only i was good at painting small objects.

7. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    well, these are prepainted. I really like painting little people. I have hundreds of little guys that are painted and more that are not. I like it, but i t takes SOOOOO much time.

8. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Minitures, great, another thing i gotta buy! :D

DIDJA SEE THAT WAMPA AND JABBA?!? OMG OMG OMG!!

9. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    my imperial army is going to be wampas and snow troupers and a name character (General Veers more than likely, tee hee) I loved Hoth. I think that was the best planet out of all of them. my rebel army will be Admiral Acbar and the Ewoks. Cower in fear as droves of ewoks swarm the empire under the command of Admiral Acbar, ever watchful for traps!

10. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    2 days until release. woo hoo! also has any one seens anything on a game by Hasbro called HeroScape? apparently it was one of the best games at gen-con and is really popular. its like miniature gaming for the masses and is nonrandomized. I will look into it more if i can find it (walmart carries it, but is sold out all over so cal).

11. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    so has anyone played this yet? I tried to find a starter box of it (for the Luke and Darth minis and rules and stuff), but I haven't been able to find them yet, so I am going searching tonight. plus I am bored at work. someone amuse me.

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Alias Rules!

13. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    ok, that doesn't amuse me. we are not amused.

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Did you hear about the leper's poker game that had to be stopped?

15. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    no I have not?

16. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    someone threw a hand in.

17. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    well i picked up a starter box of minis last night. first things first, the minis look really good. they are 28mm, slightly bigger than the average mini game. they are painted pretty well for pre painted guys. not splotch jobs like most minis. next, the game seems pretty easy to get. its a simplified version of the d20 system. all damage is in units of 5 or 10 and and the only modifiers are for cover, so no big rule books needed for this one. all the stats come on cards included with mini. my only complaint so far is that the two "exclusive" minis that come witht he starter (Darth Vader and Luke) are really out of balance. Darth Vader is a 55 point (out of 100) unit and Luke is 17, so even if i throw in all the other minis that came with the box, they still don't equal the point value of darth and two storm troopers. oh and the female twi-lek I got good too (looking axia's way).

18. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    If it's A New Hope, that's probably the way the stats should be.

19. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    well, I am not complaining about the balance of the game, just the balance of the starter box. there were 10 minis, 3 emperial, 3 rebel, 4 fringe (can work for either side). the three emperials were Vader (55), a stormtrooper (5) and a snowtrooper (7), all 7 other guys only added up to 59 points. as much fun as it is to have your opponent take 2 extra turns to use up all his guys before you can go again. :confused: I guess I need more minis (thats how they get ya).

20. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    well, I am working up a way to play this over the message board, if any one is interested.

21. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I am interested.

22. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    well the rules are over at www.wizards.com and there is a list of stats on the minis over at www.maxminis.com. i guess for now we just need to make our "squads." Talon, do you want to play empire or rebel?

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Either. I love Vader, so how about Empire?

24. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    ok that works, i will play as the rebelion. prepare for the ewok invasion. BWAHAHAHA. look through the units and pick out which units you want to use. they have a description of all the special abilities at the end of the rule book if you want to know what they are, the only thing that maxminis and wizards doesn't say is what the commander effects are. i am going to try to find those tonight.

25. Gambler

Gambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    Better question is where did you buy them?? I had an hard enough time finding Clone Wars trading cards....I am not sure if I am going to play or not, but I wanna at least get a pack or 2. I have 2 Elite Stormtroopers from Comic-con so I gotta look into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.