main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Minis Spoilers Thread-- Jedi Academy!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi_Dajuan, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbzdanman9

dbzdanman9 Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2009
    4. Vodo-Siosk Baas VR 44
    HP: 120
    Def: 22
    Atk: 15
    Dam: 20
    SA:Melee Attack; Double Attack; Parry
    FP: Force 5;Force alter;Force Spirit 4;master of the force 2

in case you wanted to add him:)

and now where only missing seven... this is awsome i can't wait to see what darth maul and the jedi exile will be, he he

and do you know how much Anakin Solo's unleash the force is? like jason solo was 60... just wondering. thanks for all the updates, were do you find out all this awsome stuff

2. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    I haven't figured out where Anakin's stats originated from, but I imagine that UTF is the same as Jacen's.

The problem I have with Anakin is that I'm pretty sure this is supposed to represent Anakin in Balance Point just before he dies. I guess the writers hadn't figured everything out by then, because he was actually using the Force directly on the Yuuzhan Vong. Jaina used Force Lightning on them too. Regardless, they wrote it, so it's true. Anakin beat the Vong with the Force, so I had hoped they would represent that in the mini. This Anakin will go down in one hit to any Yuuzhan Vong though :(

3. dbzdanman9

May 27, 2009
    i have seen some of the set list for the next set. Galaxy at war, anyone got a good forum for those name and or stats, he he. i just have too much fun learn stuff before it comes out. [face_alien_1]

4. dbzdanman9

May 27, 2009
    misssssssssssssssssssstake.... thinks scrubs

5. dbzdanman9

May 27, 2009
    glad to be here. this place is great for my many mini questions. lol pun intended

6. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    I play-tested all 3 of the new Yuuzhan Vong last weekend. I have to give major stars on all of them. The Priest is just freaking awesome, but you have to have a way to keep him alive (Masquer possibly.) I used a Rodian BSV and put Warmaster in front. Let me tell you, Warmaster with a Shaper and a priest, momentum, 23 attack for 40 :) and cleave!! so nice. The Ossus Guardian is a beast. Razorbug is nice to bring back again. The PVW worked really well, too. Thud bug on him is great, but he can hit as well!! And oooh, his cunning with Shaper and Priest...ow!! With Twin! Lots of damage output on him as well. Oh, and I used a Peace Brigade Thug as well. He was ok, but I think if you want to use him you have to have enough to make it worth it. Although he did make Warmaster's attack a +24 :)

So, I'm happy with the new YV from this set. i think the YVOG is the best, and the other 2 warrant great consideration in the right squads.

7. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    The Crimson Nova Bounty Hunter stats have been released.

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/06/jediacademy/

Cost: 15
    Hp: 30
    Def: 14
    Att: +4
    Dam: 10

Bounty Hunter +2
    Cunning Attack
    Jedi Hunter

I think they'll be great in the release tourneys. With the so far lack of accurate shot (or just non-melee in general) they'll stay alive a lot longer and be able to put some damage on this force heavy set. I doubt they'll see much play beyond release tourneys, though, for their cost.

8. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Play-tested some more stats today (I'm at 32 out of the 40 so far. Want to have them all play-tested before the set actually releases. :) )
    The Jedi Battlemaster was pretty good. For his cost, he has great offensive and defensive abilities. Malak, DLotS was awesome with him, giving him a 15 attack, so he hit very often. And with Double and Assault, he's hitting twice whether he moves or not.
    The Jedi Crusader (we call her the Cheerleader) was kinda meh. She would only be in a squad to bring in Malak, although her push is very nice.

Vodo-Siosk Baas was a definite no. For his cost I'd rather have Mira. He doesn't have a lightsaber and FS4 gets used up pretty quickly. He was a lot of fun with his Alter, though, and MotF2.

And the wonderful Youngling. He actually made all of his Deflect saves. Yay for the kid! He'll probably be dead before he actually gets to make an attack, though, so for the points, an Ug is better, as the Youngling was a good door opener. They will be great in the Knightfall Scenario though!

So, I'd say the Battlemaster and Crusader are definite considerations for OR. Vodo and the Youngling, not so much.

9. ASharadHett

ASharadHett Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2009
    new stats up for Kyle Katarn
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/KyleKatarn

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Not a bad piece at all. Thanks for the link!

11. GiveMe3MoreGeorge

GiveMe3MoreGeorge Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2009
    Can anyone explain to me how twin attack works with the new Luke Skywalkers triple attack? I may be miss interpreting it, but can he actually get 6 attacks in one round?

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yes, he could get six attacks. The way twin works, is every time you declare a target to attack, you get two separate attack rolls against that character (provided the first attack doesn't kill the piece). Both attacks must be against the same character. So Luke can have two attacks on a maximum of 3 different characters.

13. ASharadHett

ASharadHett Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2009
    found some more new stats.
    http://swmini.blogspot.com/2009/06/jedi-academy-stats-n18.html
    so that leaves only master K'Kruhk left

14. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    It seems that the figure that most people are interested in is the last to be revealed. Last set it was Palpatine, this set it's K'Kruhk.

The Republic has found the best swapper ever in The Dark Woman.

15. YuuzhanVong_Rule

YuuzhanVong_Rule Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2008
    Yesterday I play tested the Exile, she didn't do much but Triple-Twin on a hore of Guards and Atton is really fun!

16. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    I'm just going to hope that you misspelled 'horde' and not a different word... :D

17. YuuzhanVong_Rule

YuuzhanVong_Rule Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2008
    Horde might be what it is, not what you're thinking of...

18. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    You guys are worried about being cold? ;)

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Two more days!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.