main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Star Wars on DVD: The Changes... (some may consider this Spoilerific)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by NeecH, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Practically (but not fully) confirmed are:

Hayden Christensen appearing as the ghost of Anakin at the end of Jedi.

Ian McDiarmid appearing as the Emperor in the trilogy (yes, the trilogy. Does this mean the Emperor now makes an appearance in A New Hope?)

A new CG Jabba for A New Hope.

Naboo joins in the victory celebrations at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Still rumoured are the infamous Greedo scene being reworked (again), Natalie Portman appearing in A New Hope and a much more energetic Lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Vader in A New Hope among other things.

2. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Thanks Neech, but where did you get this info? I recall reading this on AICN but it seemed like a rumour.

3. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    The rumours are from all over the place...

The 'confirmed' ones are from theforce.net who are usually pretty reliable (they were right about the Clone Wars series, the Phantom Menace DVD, the Classic Trilogy DVD release and a whole host of prequels spoilers).

4. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    My thoughts:

Hayden Christensen appearing as the ghost of Anakin at the end of Jedi.

Boo! Unless they make him look like he's 50-something!

Ian McDiarmid appearing as the Emperor in the trilogy (yes, the trilogy. Does this mean the Emperor now makes an appearance in A New Hope?)
    :eek:
    Cool! Especially in ANH... where!!??!?!

A new CG Jabba for A New Hope.

Indifferent. I've kinda forgotten the CG Jabba, actually a fair bit of that port town from SE. :p

Naboo joins in the victory celebrations at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Indifferent. Although slightly positive, there'll be Gungans in the OT! [face_dancing]

Still rumoured are the infamous Greedo scene being reworked (again), Natalie Portman appearing in A New Hope and a much more energetic Lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Vader in A New Hope among other things.

:eek: More energetic duel? New footage or cut footage? New effects? wha? Cool, though!

5. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    The estate of Alec McGuiness gave permission to Lucas to dig up his body, scan him into ILM's computers Hugo Weaving style (with touch-ups to remove the rotting flesh etc), and animate his image fighting with Anakin in the original Vader outfit.

Lucas has said "You won't be able to tell when he goes to CG - you know, just like you couldn't tell in Reloaded".

6. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Completely CG versions of Alec Guiness and Vader!!! ;)

...and didn't you see the image -luigi- posted with Hayden in RotJ? He appears as he does in Ep3 (complete with long hair).

7. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    That ROTJ thing is bullplucky - Neech you coulda done a much better job than whoever concocted that.

8. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    IF they have Hayden in ROTJ, the least they could do is make him the same age as he was when he died.
    My definition of Anakin dying is when he dies in his son's arms. Not when he becomes Vader.

It isn't hard to make someone look older, you don't need a computer for that. Just some good makeup artists, of which there appears to be a few associated with these movies..

9. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    I know we all hoped that image was bullcrap but it's certainly starting to look as though it wasn't.

...and CCD, they wouldn't need to scan Alec Guiness in to get a reasonable facimile, especially if they stick to new distance shots. Any new close-up could be achieved with old footage.

Have a look at the new stuff from the THX-1138 DVD. I may not agree with what Lucas is doing but he's certainly doing some amazing stuff.

10. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    POSSIBLE BIG SPOILERS

It is rumored that Anakin dies at the end of EP3 and that Palpatine conjurs up an 'awesome' display of the dark side to bring him back to life thus explaining the 'young' ghost Anakin and mangled appearance of the Emperor in the OT.

Some people don't realise that a different actor played the Emperor in his brief scene in Empire.

Ages ago there was a rumour that there was going to be a scene inside the destroyed Jedi Council in ANH with Vader and the Emperor.

Also another rumour is that Padme dies at the end of EP3 just after giving birth (but Leia's scene with Luke in the Ewok Village seems to contradict this).

For the record I don't believe the Hayden ghost image that AICN posted was legit but I wouldn't be suprised if it actually is in the movie (though done alot better).

11. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    ARGH!!!!

I was at camp for 4 days and look what happens!!.

Tons of star wars spoilers!!!!.

every other week there's NOTHING!

This came off the EP3 index on TF.N:

The recent posts on the possibility of a Star Wars TV series have got us thinking. This is just informed speculation at best. But I think the key to determining what George Lucas will do is to pay more attention to what he's done in the past than what he's publicly saying. For years after ROTJ, he said he had no intention of doing the prequels, and then in the mid '90s reversed his course and went full speed ahead. He did the Indiana Jones out of order with the second movie a prequel to the first one, then the third film in the series, then a TV series produced and directed by Rick McCallum and now "one more for the road" so to speak.
    Is this what they have planned for Star Wars? obviously the OT video release this fall with some work done to match up the effects with the prequels, release of Episode III next summer, then maybe a TV series with Mark Hamill playing a "Yoda" Jedi Master role produced and directed by Rick McCallum, further Cartoon Network Star Wars series, theatrical re-release of all six movies with further work done to match them up (Episode I also needs to have the Yoda scenes updated), then a box set re-release of the final versions on HD, and finally some years from now "one more for the road" Episode VII to finally wrap everything up. Harrison Ford would likely even come back if it were only for one more.

As the contacts at Lucasfilm have been hinting, there's a lot more coming in the Star Wars universe after Episode III is done. Can you imagine a Star Wars TV series (on Fox naturally) maybe at 8 or 9 PM on Sunday nights - the old X-Files time slot. This is just our opinion, but it certainly could be a scenario they are consider.

12. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    I want to see a more violent lightsaber duel. The original one was slow and dull.

13. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Nyder, the original Duel was done almost 27 years ago!

Old and Dull!!?? Sheesh!

Oh way cool, man! How good was that fight with those sabers! And Leia's hair! [snip]

* Note there were only two people on the internet back then, funnily enough they had wanted the same user name.

** Note this Quote may be fictitious.

*** Note I know there was no internet, not even Telnet, in 1978.

**** Note I've used too many notes.

14. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    I think having Hayden in ROTJ will ruin it I hope it is a rumour.

But, changing ESB to have Ian McDiarmid's face and voice is a good move, considering they had some other blokes voice and a womans face in the film!

15. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    ... and Monkey eyes!!! :eek:

... and -luigi-, could you please state whether or not it's an Ep3 spoiler. I don't mind reading spoilers about 'touch ups' to the classic trilogy but what you posted I'd prefer not to have read.

16. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    Boxart and Discs

The Extras

I like the discs, but im not sure about ANH. Luke use his lightsaber only twice in ANH. I think Obi-Wan would be a better choice for the cover.

17. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    NeecH, I inderstand your desire to have spoiler warnings for Ep3 or DVD, or whatever someone's posting about.. Yet I haven't seen people providing spoiler warnings for diferent things in threads before.

It seems that if someone's ok with a spoiler for something, unless they've said something about it in the thread I assume it's fair game on any spoiler.

As I said, I know what you mean about not wanting to be spoiled about one thing but ok with another, but maybe we should make it an unwritten rule here that if you're spoiling something else, put in a specific warning.

Er, starting now?
    :confused:

18. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Oh, so it's fine for me to say that Harry Osborne becomes the Green Goblin at the end of Spiderman 2 without any warning even though this isn't a Spiderman 2 SPOILER thread?

No Gooba, that would be inconsiderate!

19. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    As I said NeecH, perhaps we shoud begin putting warnings for spoilers other than the thread's topic, in future.

As I said, "I know what you mean about not wanting to be spoiled about one thing but ok with another."

:)

20. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    FYI: The rules are written, very clearly, in the Oceania Regional Discussion forum. No spoilers unless they're blacked out or the thread is dedicated to spoilers with suitable warning in the title. This thread pretty clearly says "spoilerific", so you enter at your own risk. ;)

EDIT: Misunderstood, my bad. Er...yeah...um...put a warning about Ep3 spoilers as well. And stuff.

21. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    NeecH said: Harry Osborne becomes the Green Goblin at the end of Spiderman 2

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!

NeecH also said: Naboo joins in the victory celebrations at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Damn...Even more damn gungans.

22. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Harry Osborne becomes the Green Goblin at the end of Spiderman 2

Only I know the truth :p

Highlight for spoilers:
    At the end of the movie Harry Osborne finds his Dad's Green Gaylord gear. He looks kind of like "Holy ****, I could use this stuff to kick Spiderman's ass, but then again Peter's my best friend, oh the dilemma!", and hence we don't really know whats going to happen. I hope to God he doesn't become the Green Gumby because as you know I think that was the most retarded villain ever. Seriously. Mr Freeze from Batman and Robin was far superior. Hmm, ok, maybe the second worst villain.

That wasn't so hard was it?

23. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP!

personally, i didnt mind gobs, but i hated his costume. It looked really Power Rangery.

24. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    So who is hobgoblin? And why can't kirsten dunst crack a smile? Has anyone seen the remote to my DVD player?

EDIT: nevermind [face_blush] found it :D
    [face_whistling]

25. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I didn't like the Green Goblin costume either but I thought that Dafoe did an excellent job.

and CCD how about you keep the homophobia to yourself?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.