main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars or Real Life?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Adrian the Cool, Dec 31, 2012.

?

Which is the better place to live in?

1. Star Wars aka the Skyriver galaxy

78.9%
  2. Earth, Sol system, Milky Way, in the 21st century

21.1%
  3. No difference

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Where would you prefer to live in?

The Star Wars galaxy or Earth in it's 21st century?

In my opinion Star Wars is much better. I'll take the next starship when the time has come, whenever this will be.^^

Adrian the Cool

2. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I picked Star Wars but I think my life expectancy is greater on earth.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  3. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    Earth

for it seems in the GFFA, unless you you learn the ability of being a force ghost, when you snuff it that's it, you're gone, dead, deceased, into the ground dust.

4. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Exactly, that's the other drawback;)
    No eternity.

5. smuggler_vola

smuggler_vola Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2012
    Star Wars. I could be a smuggler (hence the name smuggler_vola) and live on Tatooine. The closest I can get to that is playing SWTOR, though.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Star Wars galaxy would be fun to live in but I don't fancy getting caught up in a war.

7. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    The Star Wars galaxy. It's so much action in that galaxy. But I don't want be caught up in a war either.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    For Star Wars it depends on where you live and how much money you have. But that's true on Earth as well.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I would like to be a smuggler or someone that travels the galaxy or part of a caravan. Firefly type thing. Living on a cruise ship or whatever it is like Lando was traveling on in Rebel Dawn where he met Bria Tharen

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'd argue it's the other way around, but the Earthly side of that is inappropriate. However, in Star Wars there's the "Netherworld of the Force", which may be another form of existence even for those not sensitive to the Force. There's also this line:

Transforming into the Force could be the next level of existence, it could be eternity. Some of the lines about the Force in the movies could be ran with, leading one to the conclusion that perhaps there is reincarnation in Star Wars.

Personally I prefer Earth, because it's not fictional.

11. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    nah I disagree, I think Yoda was talking in a more Eastern sense when he says "netherworld" and "rejoice who transform in to the force" to me that means not a literal existence :p

benknobi1 likes this.
  12. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Star Wars....they have light sabers & the Force!lol

13. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Questions like these are ultimately in perspective. We may say we want to live in the likes of Harry Potter world or Middle Earth, but that's only because we come from our own world. We see things like Starships, droids, lightsabers, wands, expecto patronums and Gondor as fantabulous extraordinary things because they are not of our own world.

If we ourselves are born into these fictional worlds, we may sing a different tune. If we tire of these things we may want to live in a regular world where none of these things exist. Like our current world. But for the sake of question, yeah, Star Wars world, no question.

14. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Bingo.

benknobi1 likes this.
  15. Bad Bad Leroy Brown

Bad Bad Leroy Brown Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2013
    Earth.

History always repeats itself in SW, there is no evolution.

16. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    so true :p

17. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    The Star Wars universe has Neimoidians; 'nuff said.

Even beyond that, though, the GFFA is just so expansive and relatively easier to get around than 21st century Earth. A part of me can't decide whether to settle among the Neimoidians or to explore and see as much as possible. I can see myself being willing to be more daring and get things done in the SW universe, simply because it would be more interesting. This, of course, is my point of view now, and not my point of view had I been born in to the SW universe, which I'm sure might differ. Regardless, I think there would be more opportunities in the SW universe than there are on Earth at the moment.

...but let's face it, I probably wouldn't last five minutes ;)

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Well that was easy. GFFA of course. Galactic travel, spaceships and aliens and technology.

19. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Well, Star Wars has the Jedi, which is cool. But it also has the Sith and Galaxy-wide wars which are not so cool.

I choose on Earth, pretending to be in Star Wars!

Some people would say that happens on Earth too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.