main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars reading list...

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Rebel_Spook, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I don't know if you know this but when I went to tim zahn's signing he said his next project is a prequel to Survivor's Quest. It details the Outbound Flight back in the clone wars. I'm really looking forward to it.

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Yeah, I had heard that, it's one of the reasons I am so looking forward to it, to know what happened on the Outbound Flight project! And to say it is a prequel to Survivor's Quest is slightly off, in that SQ is a sequel to the TTT where we first here of the Outbound Flight.

Have you read the Hand of Thrawn Duology that occur between TTT and SQ? They are also written by Zahn and would fill in a lot of gaps if you haven't.

3. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I haven't gotten the chance to read the thrawn dualogy yet. I'll get to it....eventually.

4. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    The Hand of Thrawn books are amazing, probably my favorites, actually. Do you guys know when the Outbound Flight book is set to be released?

5. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I hate to say that the Outbound Flight Novel (still untitled) is not slated to be released until November 2005. So we have a bit of a wait on our hands.

For the updated release dates, go:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9618960

6. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I picked up Medstar 1 the other night at Walmart and it is already in the pile of stuff that is going to the beach.

Has anyone else read Shatterpoint yet? When I tried, it was a bit complicated and too deep to be an easy read. I plan to read it, but just think it's going to be a while before I try again.

7. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Yes, I've read Shatterpoint and I agree it's a really deep book. Unlike most sw books this one is very phycological. It may not be the best book to take on vacation. Also it doesn't really deal with the clone wars it deals with Mace's search to find out what happened to his padawan.

If I had to suggest a book to take on vacation it would be The Courship of Princess Leia. I can't recommend that book enough.

8. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I read Courtship of Princess Leia a long time ago when it first came out. It was a decent book, but not all that great, IMO.

Scott, I don't know if you've had a chance, but I would highly recommend the X-Wing Series of novels. Now those were some great books!

As I have MEdstar 1 and 2 other non-SW books going with me, as well as several computer magazines to catch up on, I think I have more than enough reading material! :D

9. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Yes, I have read part of the X-wing series. Books 1 thru 4. And I agree that was some good reading.

For vacation trips I recommend the transformers trilogy. They are really good books filled with constant action.

10. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Transformers? As in "More than meets the eye?" I didn't know they had made any novels for them. As much as I liked the cartoon as I kid and would love to have a complete collection of the G1 toys, I have way too many books on my reading list, Star Wars and otherwise, to add them to it. What generation are they stories based in?

I have been reading the Transformers G1 comics that have been coming out lately, but that's about as far I will likely go in the way of reading Transformer stories.

My favorite books of the X-Wing series were the ones involving Wraith Squadron!

11. Analia_Ary

Analia_Ary Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 2003
    hey guys :)

i just finished Cestus deception, it was really good

12. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Yeah, about those wraith squadron books... I kinda skipped them and went right on to book 8 maybe I should go back and read them.

I'm glad you liked the Cestus Deception. All the more reason to read it myself. I'm going to have to pick it up this weekend at Borders. As long as I don't spend my money on figures.

13. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    You skipped the Wraith books?!? What were you thinking?!? Those are some of the best SW stories written!

I unfortunately don't have the money right now for Cestus Deception, so I'll probably not get to it until sometime next year...

14. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    Don't skip any X-Wing books!!! Solo Command is about the funniest thing I have every read, except maybe SoA! They are so good. :D ;)

15. Analia_Ary

Jun 14, 2003
    i love the jedi apprentice books, yas i kno they are for kids [face_laugh] but they are great.

i love all the prequel books

16. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    I started out reading the JA books, but after awhile their were so many of them, and I wasn't really into them that much, that I stopped. I tend to like the post RotJ or NJO books more than the prequel era...

17. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Just because books are written for kids doesn't mean adults or teenagers can't enjoy them. I've read Legacy of the Jedi and own 3 of the 5 Boba Fett books.

18. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Heck, I know people who think ALL SW books are for kids! Unfortunately some of them are even in my family...

I, personally, haven't read any of the "teen/kid" books, but may at some point for an easy, fun read.

19. Analia_Ary

Jun 14, 2003
    the Jedi Quest books weren't as good as the jedi apprentice books. :( and only one more to come out now.

i haven't read any of the boba feet ones and i hav one lol ihavne't gotten around to readin it

20. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I finished Shadows of the Empire last week and I have to say the book bridges the gap between ESB and ROTJ very nicely. While I recommend the book don't forget about the comic. The comic takes and expands on the book in every way and even gives us Boba Fett in action where the book doesn't. Two very good reads know one should pass up.

21. DarthAndreis666

DarthAndreis666 Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2004
    I have read SW Shadows Of The Empire and I have to say,that book was awesome.

22. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I just spotted at a local store the new reprints of the original sw trilogy books from scholastic. They feature new cover artwork and movie shots inside.

I definitely want to pick these up.

23. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I just wanted to let everyone know that Star Wars Jedi Trial and Star Wars Hard Contact are now out to read.

24. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Great, that means there are 4 books out that I need to buy... [face_plain]

25. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Umm dave you better make that 5 books we both need to read. Yoda Dark Rendezvous is now out. Let the reading begin!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.