main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Star Wars Revisited

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Obi-Wan_Toddi, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    I'm sure a few SAFFErs have seen the work of Adywan in improving/correcting/enhancing parts in the OT.

Have everyone seen ANH:Revisited? Thoughts? Opinions?

I've seen ANH:R and I think it's great. There are some very subtle enhancements made in some scenes and also a few major additions that work really well. It's worth watching at least once! There's accompanying pop-ups to highlight what's been altered/added.

Work on ESB:Revisited is currently underway and set to be completed in December 2010.

Should we hold a viewing one night as a social event this year? Fire up some popcorn and enjoy the action! :D

2. LittleTinGoddess

LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2006
    Bring it on! :D

3. Merrick77

Merrick77 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 28, 2007
    I really liked Revisited aswell, and if it wasn't for the subtities to mention everything that had been changed I would have missed half of it.
    What I really liked, was the fight between Obi-Wan and Darth, much more impressive and not like a couple of old geezers who had rudimentary Kendo training the day before.

4. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    My film making friends and myself have given it the once over and sure the improvements are pretty good, no doubts there.

But you have to ask yourself why do it in the first place? I can't even begin to imagine the time and effort this dude put into this work especially as some of the changes are so subtle you don't notice them unless they're pointed out.

For this reason we all agreed that if Adywan is this good at FX work, he'd better off spending his time working on original Projects that will garnish him greater attention. In the end fixing up ANH now is like shutting the gate when the horse has already found another stable.

For myself if I'm going to watch ANH it's the '77 version, complete with continuity errors and all those mistakes because that's the version I grew up with. Adywan may have improved a lot of details of ANH but he hasn't made it a better film.

So I'd hate to say that all this work is a waste of time, but truely it IS a waste of time.

5. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    I'd be up for that, haven't seen it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.