main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Special Edition On Ch5!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Oct 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Yea yea... we've seen it like 100 times. But Ch 5 has appointed Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition as the BLOCKBUSTER SUNDAY MOVIES for Nov, Dec and Jan! COOL!

Ch5, Home Of Star Wars!

(BTW, Star Wars appears in this week's 8 Day's Exclusive Calendar!)

2. TK-625

TK-625 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    Sweet! Guess I can continue to increase the number of times I've watched the trilogy. :D

3. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Yea! Cool it is!

But I'm looking more to the DVD release of Episode II in just less than 20 days!

4. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Finally! Took channel 5 a long time..

5. TK-625

Jul 28, 2002
    OT but I managed to get myself a bootleg copy of the AOTC DVD and it is a pretty good copy.

It least it help the shakes till I can get the official copy. LOL!

Stay safe all.

6. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Haahaa, guess that joke published in TNP when TPM came out was correct in a way! It took TCS 5 years to finally show a blockbuster. ;)

But I hope TCS5 didn't cut any scenes as usual. I remember back when the original version was shown (in 1995? 1996?), many scenes, especially from ESB was cut. And all my VHS & SE VHS are gone since early last year (sorry guys, I still can't afford the LDs from Marina Parade or Suntec :_| )

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, on a similar note, if any of you watched Matrix last sunday, there were a few scenes which were cut short.

By right, there's nothing wrong with it and really no reason for any censorship. If so, they might have been trying to cut down the running time. Remains to be seen what'll happen to the OT SE [face_plain]

8. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    If scenes are cut out, they are gonna get a lot of unhappy Star Wars fans. [face_plain] :p

Yeah, there were too many advertisements during The Matrix TV premiere. [face_plain] They cut out half of the part where Neo is being told off by his boss, the 'how about I give you the finger and you give me my phone call' part out (censorship, sigh), cut out half of the 'woman in the red dress' part (that was dumb. One moment Morpheus is walking towards Neo, the next moment, the crew is in the cockpit worrying about the Sentinels [face_plain]), no 'there is no spoon' part...anything else? :p I missed a bit of the first part before Trinity jumps across roofs, chased by the agent.

I'm crazy. :p

9. TK-625

Jul 28, 2002
    DE, I have both ANH on VCD as well as the SE Trilogy on VCD. If you like me to burn you a copy, just LMK.

The Original Trilogy LD's are with a friend...in London. Sorry about that. :(

Stay safe all.

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Nah! I'm more interested in the Video Editions of the OT and SE cause I used to have them (until that %^$^%& lizards . . . [those "oldies" will know my story :( ]) and my LD/VCDs players these days are a bit chaulky. :_|

I can get the SE VCDs and DVD anytime what! ;)

After all, I'm still a SW Collectors. :D

11. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Huh?

SE got DVDs...??
    WHERE???

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Opss! If it's SE OT DVDs, it's pirated. :p

Okay lah, I can get the VCDs any time, lah. :p

13. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    chey ~~~~~

14. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Aiyo Bobafett81, you should have known better.. :D

15. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Malaysia got a lot. Back in May the street price is RM$10. Not very sure about the street price there.

16. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    wooo hooooooo

17. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Sooo cute, Ch 5 logo got R2-D2 patter and X-Wing and TIE Fighter patterns!

Then got the Special Editions OT Video intro now showing on Ch 5!

Suddenly, I feel like May 16 again... Hahahaha!

18. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    A few days ago, I was watching TV late at night, and I saw some Star Wars stuff showing on Quick Shots on Channel 5.

I don't remember everything that showed, but I do remember getting VERY VERY EXCITED to see it on the screen, since some of these things I had never seen before, like interviews with the cast etc.

I don't know if it will be repeated again, or if they will continue to show other Quick Shots for the Star Wars OT movies or not, but I'm definitely gonna try to keep a look out for more of these Quick Shots on Star Wars on Channel 5! :)

I guess that means more late nites for me - haha! :p

19. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    u noe wat we need to do about censorship?

we must conspire. get one of us to be the president, and me to be CEO or Director or head(watever u call the top position) of SG Board of Censors, and we shall ban everything gay, from F4 to lame boybands(well maybe a couple dun deserve the treatment...) and we shall glorify starwars. we will make starwars literature a compulsory subject at all academic levels.

anyway enuf BSing.

the last time they showed starwars was in 1992. i dun remember them showing ANH, but i remember i taped ESB and ROTJ. i still have those tapes, but my guess would be, they'll be in a severely dirty and moldy condition. if anyone has top grade tape cleaning devices(special ones, or those special sony vcrs with built in sapphire tape cleaners or something) i can lend to help clean and pass around to those who didnt get a chance to see SW b4 the enchancements. of coz, all the better if anyone has a tape to vcd convertor at home, help digitize it. actually i think can acquire that, all i need is someone to lend me one of those sony vcr with that special sapphire head cleaner(or watever u call it) and i think i can get a analog to digital convertor. i'll load it up on my com, see wat pic & sound quality enchancements i can do to it, and then burn it into high quality vcd.

any comments?

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Aiyah! Faiz, you are loosing your memory! [face_laugh] The last time TCS 5 show the whole SW Trilogy in its original version was around 1995-1996 (I think 1996) cause it was during the time when I bacame a SW Fanatic (late 1995). I tape it on 2 tapes and played it every Friday night while I was ironing my NCC uniform. :D

Still remember which part in ESB they cut to put in more commercial time. :(

Pity I cancelled the tape a year plus later when I bought the VHS which got spoiled by Pepsi a few years later. :_|

Okay, keep yourself free this Nov 17th night! ;)

21. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Why the sudden gay bashing?

I have a few gay friends, and I think they are nice pple...

Pls dun promote such Hatred here. Thank you.

22. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    y? coz personally and religiously, gay is wrong, in every aspect. i mean, tell me, if EVERYONE was gay, htf would anyone reproduce? i noe ppl tell me its the mindset, no one can do anything about it. but i dun really care.

and yes i have a gay fren too, but fortunately i got comfortable with him long b4 i found out he's gay. and yes i've had gays being interested in me. its no good thing man. its inhumane. i mean look around, are gay marriages legal? is the ass the painful solution to proper sex? geez man

nvm i have said enough.

23. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Well, then u ought to be more open minded!

There's nothing wrong being gay. It's a choice. If u dun like gays, then please keep it to urself and dun spread ur anti-homosexuality feeling around.

I'm open minded to my gay friends, does that mean I have to encourage homosexuality openly? No. Because I understand NOT everyone accepts this practice. The same with the Chinese in Singapore. Just becoz some of us dun like other races doesn't mean we go and send ridiculous Forum letters to the ST Editors (Well, the ST wouldn't allow such hatred to be published in the 1st place!) or we go destroy their places of worships. If everyone spoke freely and reacted in a so called "Speak Ur Mind" attitude, we'll have no tomorrow. (Recall the Christians VS Muslims clashes in Indonesia)

Again, I may have touched on some very very sensative issues, but I'm trying to justify my stand. Thank you.

24. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    right, and i have sources indicating u have a bf too, lol. nvm i'll let the matters rest.

so much for the National Pledge when they wont even much muslims in any good post in the army. most of which are in Police, even more in CD. i bet there's not even one muslim fighter pilot in the SAF. of coz trainers dun count, i mean real COMBAT pilot. any other piloting, as long non-aggresive, confirm got at least one muslim. and i think most of the muslims in the army are prolly in the Medics.

since u mentioned about races and stuffs, i'd like to comment to the government if anyone of them is listening. so what if our neighbouring countries are muslim countries. doesnt mean we wont defend sg with our lives if it came to that. thats all. thank you

25. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Since u've asked:

Well, all I can say is look at Malaysia and Indonesia.

The majority of Singaporeans are Chinese. The majority of the population in Malaysia and Indonesia are Malays. Do they have Chinese generals or Chinese high ranking officials there? No. What about the Chinese Malaysians or Indonesians? Are they willing to defend their own respective countries? Well, if the Malays in Singapore say they are willing to defend Singapore, I dun see why they dun too.

So why Singapore doesn't have Malays as pilots or generals? Becoz Malaysia and Indonesia din change their policy. Why shouldn't Singapore change their policy? Becoz Malaysia and Indonesia didn't change their policy in the 1st place. Why are all the 3 countries waiting for each other? Because no countries trust each other ever. So everyone utilises the majority race in their own countries.

There's no discrimination here, it's just that it's the "unspoken" policy carried out by all 3 countries. When will this policy change? I don't know. But it's good to know that Malaysia and Indonesia have established their Malay armies long before Singapore. So who started this policy... well, anyone wise enough can guess by now. Thank you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.