main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Star Wars Strike Force - Anyone like bowling?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Yeah! Go for the Club Polo! I love this idea 'cuz I already gots one! Oh, and they're mad-comfy, too... Besides, we can get these fast and inexpensively from our regular supplier, right?

2. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Yes - I love my shirt:
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/img/1b.jpg]

If we did the shirts right - with an embroidered Rebellion logo on the back then they could look really sharp.

3. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Well depending on what we decide, I was thinking that if we went the route of making the shirts , that maybe we could , have a Bowling Shirt Assembling Party, similar to what's happening tomorrow with the Costume/Prop making party.

Whatta ya think?

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    For me it would probably have to be a week night. And I'm not sure that any of the people potentially wearing the shirts are extremely hand with sewing machines - unless we all become experts at the prop party...

~Doc_Bev

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So I'm getting the impression we're all doing our own thing as far as bowling shirts? It looks like Tom & Daria will be having matching shirts at least, but I know that I was looking for something different. I guess if at least we all have something Star Wars and/or The Rebellion on I'll be happy and my goal will have been accomplished. :-B

~Doc_Bev

6. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm working on getting a sleeveless shirt with a bullet-ridden Imperial Logo.
    ;)

Now if Hot Topic got it back in stock. I'd have something to work with.
    [face_laugh]

7. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    We've actually ideas for 2 [face_peace] different ones, I'll post pics when compleated.

8. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    We're almost done with the 1st shirt, It's looking real cool maybe will be done by this weekend ( Lots of real work to do this week :)

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Did anyone else get the freebie "Clipper" magazine in the mail today? It has a couple for a free game of bowling for up to 4 people at an AMF lane. I thought it we could get enough coupons gathered that maybe we could have a practice bowling night before the league starts. Even those that aren't planning on joining the league could still come out an bowl too of course.

~Doc_Bev

10. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Are you guys in an actual StrikeForce league? There wasn't enough interest here, but the bowling center is having a Star Wars Friends & Family League. We can still get the goodies and others can join if they don't want to pay extra for the goodies.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As far as I know it's an actual StrikeForce league...
    I guess we'll find out for sure on Sept 25th.

~Doc_Bev

12. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    There was a lower price listed if you didn't want any merchandise, but I'm to lazy to go back to the 1st page to see what that wasI-)

13. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    We were given 3 options:

$8.99 to just bowl
    $9.99 to get the memorabilia package
    $10.99 to get the Star Wars ball

It won't be sanctioned to keep the cost down. We weren't given much option to the day/time either. We will be bowling every Friday at 8 starting 9/30.

The center gave us a bowling party with free bowling and pizza. The bad part was that they raffled off the pictures you are supposed to get when you sign up for the league. Luckily, my name was picked and I got a Grevious for the baby.

14. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Yea, were bowling Sundays at 5 At olympic Bowl On Scottsville Rd here in Rochester I got a Yoda & My Wife got Grevious, I don't know if there were others We thought there might be others at the different centers.

15. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I had the option of Grevious, R2, Yoda, and Jedi Starfighters. I was hoping for a Vader, but begers can't be chosers.

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Not too late to sign up folks!

If anyone else is interested in bowling with us - just head over to Olympic and sign up for the Sunday at 5pm league.
    I know there's been a lot of different information posted in this thread, but I believe the final verdict was that it would cost $11.99 a week if you want to get the ball at the end or $10.99 a week if you want to get the merchandise package. I believe this league will last 14 weeks.

It's been proposed on the CR boards to have a friendly competition between those FF that are in the league. Not sure on the details past that yet.

~Doc_Bev

17. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    we sinced up out here in syracuse and we had a blast!!! its too bad the ball comes at the end of the league but hey- I can wait!!! :)

I highly recomend if u havent sice up to do so....bowling is always a good time especially amongst friends :)

18. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    One of Tom's nephews works at Gates Bowl and may be bowling with the nephew (for whom Sunday's benefit was for) who is a big Star Wars fan. One of his uncles got him a Mace Windu FX lightsaber and his mother told me he is always playing with it.

19. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    my buddy Matt and I signed up on Sunday and we got Grievous Foils.
    We're in. :)

No Team Name tho heh.

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Oooh...
    I didn't think of Team Names....

Heh MadKid - how about Doc MadKid's Rebellion?
    Kinda long, but it incorporates both our names and the club's name.

~Doc_Bev

21. buda741

buda741 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    Can you still sign up?! When are the offical dates and times for the league? Me and my friend would really like to join!

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yes, you can still sign up.

All of us are bowling at Olympic Lanes on Scottsville Rd. on Sundays at 5pm starting Sept 25th.

I believe all AMF lanes are doing the Strike Force league so if the above time/place doesn't work for you, you can call a different lane and find out what time(s) they have it scheduled for.

~Doc_Bev

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just to give folks a heads up. There is a slight chance I won't be able to make it to the first night of bowling. KnightShade's grandmother only has a couple days left in this world and her wake may fall on Sunday night.

~Doc_Bev

24. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Whoooo HOooooooo! our 1st set of bowling shirts are done. I'll post pics soon

25. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Oye...a Heads Up
    I wont be at Week 1. I'm going to be at a golf tournament and now apparently a dinner.
    I'll try to bowl my sets tonight or at least pay the register fee...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.