main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Strike Force Bowling League

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I stopped by AMF in Greenville today and picked up some information on the SWSF. Not being a regular bowler, I don't really know how the price works out over the long haul. Maybe somebody that bowls more regularly can give us some reference as to what bowling usually costs around here. Anyway, here are the highlights based on the brochures I have. I'll probably scan them later and post images on here that you can check out, so you can see the merchandise that you get when the league wraps up.

2. The league starts September 7th.

3. The league lasts 16 weeks.

4. The brochure said they're shooting to have league nights on Wednesdays at 6:30pm or Fridays at 4pm. The guy at the counter said they were looking at a third day, but it wasn't finalized yet. We'd have to call to figure out what they end up choosing.

5. There are two different merchandises packages you can bowl for, and there is a slight price difference. There is a SW Episode bowling ball and bag package. You get your choice of 1 of 7 bowling balls, each based on a different SW movie, or the courageous women of SW ball along with a bag and certificate. Then there is the SW Jedi package. You receive a SW cap, reproductions of all 6 movie posters, and a life-size Darth Vader standee.

6. Prices - Ball and bag package is $12.99 a week. Jedi package is $10.99 a week. There are cheaper prices for kids and an adult/child combo price if anyone is interested. These prices include 2 games and shoe rental. Also remember at the end of the league, you get your respective merchandise package, so you're not bowling to win it, it is included in the price. There is also a $25 registration fee, but that will count toward your first couple of weeks.

7. So there are the basics. For a ball and bag package, it's gonna end up costing roughly $208, with the Jedi package costing $176 over the full 16 weeks. That's $6.50 a game (2 per week x 16 weeks) and $5.50 per game, respectively. Like I said, I don't bowl often, so I don't know what the going rate is for a game. Feel free to weigh in on what you think about these prices if you're familiar with the local AMF rates.

And of course, is there any interest in doing this? It doesn't sound like you have to field a team or anything, just participate. I am interested, but kind of hesitant based on price. Also, 16 weeks is a long time to commit to something when I rarely know what I'm doing day-to-day. Still, it sounds like fun and it's about the only physical activity I'd probably muster over the long haul.

I'll post the brochure shortly, so you can see the prize packages. The bowling balls are actually quite nice, though it says the final designs may differ. And the Vader standee looks pretty sweet also.

8. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    I am interested, but couldn't go on the friday nights and due to cut backs in hours I can't afford it. Sounds awesome tho. Hopefully next fall I'll be in a better situation, so maybe I'll be able to afford it.

9. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Is $6.50 or $5.50 typical prices for games? I guess I'm spoiled having not bowled since college. It was dirt cheap back then.

10. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    I am not sure about regular rates, but I know when my friends and I went a bunch a while back..on tuesday nights it was 9.50 per person unlimited bowling from 10pm till midnight including shoes. I think i remember it being 3.50 per game regularly but I could be wrong. maybe league people pay more cause of the extra stuff..or it may include drinks or something? dunno

11. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Typically league bowling is cheaper than regular bowling. Some lanes also will give you free games during the week so you can practice. It depends on the lanes and the league type though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.