main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Trivia

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by DarthMoby, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Question #8: What was the name of the driod who greeted Qui Gon and Obiwan aboard the Trade Federation ship above Naboo.

2. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    And the correct answer is...........TC-14

Congrats to Idarii who was the first to answer the question correctly!

Standings after Question #8

DarthLucanas - 15.0
    Idarii - 15.0
    Jeffbacca - 14.0
    Darth Dowe - 12.0
    DarthGyos - 2.0
    Starwarschic14 - 1.0
    MonaLeia - 1.0

It's still too close to call with the first prize now within reach. DarthLucanas and Idarii are tied with Jeffbacca close behind!

3. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Question #9: How many speeder bikes were destroyed on Endor in ROTJ?

EDIT: I had phrased this question a couple of different ways. Just to clarify, I am referring to all speeder bikes destroyed on film in the entire movie.

4. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    you're asking how many on endor, but saying you mean how many in the entire film, which doesn't all take place on endor......?

5. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    For Endor only during the duration of the film. So if one was destroyed on Coruscant I don't care about it.

6. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    And the correct answer is...........10

Holy ****! One of you actually got it right. And I thought I could stump you. The rest were really close.

Congrats to DarthLucanas who was the first to answer the question correctly! Nice job.

Standings after Question #9

DarthLucanas - 17.0
    Idarii - 17.0
    Jeffbacca - 15.0
    Darth Dowe - 13.0
    DarthGyos - 3.0
    Starwarschic14 - 2.0
    MonaLeia - 2.0

I gave everyone an extra point for my screwing up the question and causing some confusion. I also gave Idarii an extra point for pointing out how each one she remembered went down. Nicely done Carrie!

1 shot by chewie with bowcaster
    1 shot by luke from another speeder bike
    1 (luke's) slams into a tree after it becomes snagged with another and luke jumps off
    1 sliced by luke's lightsaber, spirals into tree
    1 (leia's) after it is shot and she jumps off
    1 (scout's) after he sees leia fall off and he turns back too late as he careens into a tree stump
    2 - one is hit by leia's blaster and it slams into a second, both explode
    1 is destroyed after getting snagged in a clever ewok rope trap and gets the tetherball treatment
    1 is destroyed by a Stormtrooper being knocked off by a rope held by Ewoks and the bikes flies off and explodes

One other could be presumed destoyed but do not count as it was not shown on screen.

1 Ewok steals a speeder leading Imperials on awild goose chase, then uses a vine to ditch the bike.

The were at least five other bikes not accounted for. Three chased the Ewok that stole the bike and then you see two, possibly four, take off after the Ewoks when all hell breaks loose.

It's still too close to call with the first prize now within reach. DarthLucanas and Idarii are still tied with Jeffbacca close behind! Keep up the good work!

7. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Question #10: According to novelization of The Empire Strikes Back, which Imperial leader died and who killed him at the Battle of Hoth?

8. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    And the correct answer is...........General Veers was killed by Hobbie

Congrats to Jeffbacca who was the first to answer the question correctly! Nice job.

Standings after Question #10

DarthLucanas - 17.0
    Idarii - 17.0
    Jeffbacca - 17.0
    Darth Dowe - 14.0
    DarthGyos - 3.0
    Starwarschic14 - 2.0
    MonaLeia - 2.0

Wow! It's really heating up now! A three way tie for first! Darth Dowe is on their hells at 14.

There has been some inactivity from some players, so Trivia_Dude has decided to use their points for something a little more useful.

Trivia_Dude?

9. Trivia_Dude

Trivia_Dude Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2004
    Oh yeah baby, Trivia_Dude always has a plan. DarthGyos, Starwarschic14, and MonaLeia had seven points between them. Those points are now in a special bank where contestants can vie for them at a later time! So lets boot those points into the bank and get our inactive players some refreshing, smooth, Colt 45.

*BOOT*

Bank Points: 7

Good luck contestants!

10. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    So lets clean things up a little.

Standings after Question #10

DarthLucanas - 17.0
    Idarii - 17.0
    Jeffbacca - 17.0
    Darth Dowe - 14.0

How to get bank points will be explained at a later time. They're tucked away safe and sound for now. You want those bank points, don't you Darth Dowe. Well they could be yours, if you are just lucky enough to get them.

Seeing as how everyone is so close to reaching twenty and winning the first prize. Here is the rule regarding winning should more than one person reach twenty on the same question. The first person to respond correctly and has their point total go over twenty will win. So lets say Jeffbacca and DarthLucanas have 19 points each and Idarii has 18. If she answers a question correctly and was first, thus getting the bonus point, she would have 20 points. Even if Jeffbacca and DarthLucanas answer correctly and tie her point total. Idarii will win by being first. It may seem unfair, but I only have one prize and it's really a tight match. Any questions please PM Trivia_Dude. And now back to the game.

11. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Question #11: What bay was the Millennium Falcon docked at on the Death Star?

12. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    And the correct answer is...........Docking Bay 327

Congrats to Jeffbacca who was the first to answer the question correctly! Nice job.

Standings after Question #11

Jeffbacca - 19.0
    DarthLucanas - 18.0
    Idarii - 17.0
    Darth Dowe - 14.0

Well, well, the wookiee has taken the lead. It seems as if people didn't want to loose their arms after all! Can the wookiee's luck continue and allow him to take home the first prize? Only time will tell.

13. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Question #12: How did Han Solo pacify Jabba the Hutt before leaving for Aalderan?

14. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Okay, I have kept you in the dark long enough as to the prizes awarded for the winners. Seeing as how our first prize will be handed out soon, I will now fill you in on the prizes which you are playing for. The player to first reach twenty will receive a $20 AMEX GC to spend as they see fit. (hopefully on something Star Wars-ish) The Grand Prize for reaching fifty will be one free copy of the OT SE on DVD . Of course, you will not recieve your prize until 9/21, but it will arrive at your doorstep effortlessly. You will have to specify Full Screen or Widescreen. I also have a couple of other gifts you can win during the contest. Keep your eyes peeled, and good luck.

15. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    And the correct answer is...........Han agreed to pay Jabba 15 percent over what he owed Jabba after the job he was about to do.

Congrats to DarthLucanas who was the first to answer the question correctly! Nice job.

Standings after Question #12

DarthLucanas - 20.0
    Jeffbacca - 19.0
    Idarii - 17.0
    Darth Dowe - 14.0

With twenty points, DarthLucanas is our winner of the first round and the $20 AMEX GC! Congrats!

The next round will not be start until sometime Thursday as I have sime business to attend. Hopefully, I will see you all on Thursday. I have a question, do you guys want me to stick to just movies, or can I ask Eu stuff as well? Please let me know.

16. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Awesome Grats Chris !

Trivia Dude was a bit strict on that last answer =P

17. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Thanks it was some tough competition , it is so close right now.

I have had some awesome fun with this game so far.

I look forward to the next round of action.

Also thanks to Ed for getting us addicted to the game.

18. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    wow rock on chris! it was a job well done. the last couple of of questions stumped me.

as for EU stuff....i have no problem with questions based on that.

those are some serious prizes, ed. thanks for all you're putting into this, it's really awesome

19. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Were back!

DarthLucanas has returned as our First Round winner! Can he repeat as Round Two winner and take home the Triligy DVD or will Darth Dowe catch everyone and claim the prize as his own? Only time will tell. Good luck to everyone!

In Round Two, you will have the chance to increase your point total with Bank Points and wager points with Daily Double questions. Bank Points and Daily Double rounds will be announced before the question is given. Bank Points round will be like a normal round. A question will be asked. Once everyone has answered, the first person to answer correctly will have the chance to play a bonus round question just for them. The number of Bank Points offered will be announced at the begining of the round. Bank Pointswill be awarded to the winner of the question if they answer the bonus question correctly. If not, the points stay in the bank with no penalty. When a Daily Double round is announced, everyone will have the chance to wager points. I will announce the reound as a Daily Double round, then everyone will PM Trivia_Dude how many points they are willing to wager of the question. You will have no knowledge of the question before the wager. Tricky eh? If you answer the question correctly, you will win the number of points wagered. If you answer incorrectly, bye bye points! You will loose those points from your total. So be careful. Maximum of seven points per wager.Example: A Daily Double is announced. Dl wagers 3 points, Idarii wagered 2 points, Jeffbacca wagered 5 points, and DD wagers 7 points. DL, DD, Jeffbacca answer correctly. Those points wagered are added to there score. Idarii answers incorrectly, she would loose 2 points of her score. Any questions? Good! Let get ready for Round Two!

Let's recap!

Standings after Question #12

DarthLucanas - 20.0
    Jeffbacca - 19.0
    Idarii - 17.0
    Darth Dowe - 14.0

And now, Today's question!

20. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Question #13: Name all the planets and systems mentioned and/or visited in the OT!

You will receive 1/2 point for each one answered correctly. First to name ALL will receive a three point bonus.

21. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    And the correct answer is...........Alderaan, Anoat, Bespin, Corellia, Coruscant, Dagobah, Dantooine, Endor, Hoth, Kessel, Ord Mantell, Sullust
    Taanab, Tatooine, and Yavin

Congrats to Idarii who was the first to answer the question correctly! Nice job. Idarii also recieved a 1/2 point bonus for adding the Lando system to her list.

Standings after Question #13

Idarii - 28.0
    DarthLucanas - 25.0
    Jeffbacca - 24.0

Bank Points: 21

22. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    The first to answer this next question correctly will have a shot at 3 Bank Points.

23. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Question #14: Where did Jengo Fett say he was recruited from for the Clone Army?

24. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    And the correct answer is...........On the moons of Bogden

Congrats to Darth Lucanas who was the first to answer the question correctly! Nice job.

Standings after Question #14

Idarii - 29.0
    DarthLucanas - 26.0
    Jeffbacca - 25.0

Bank Points: 21

And now Darth Lucanas will play for 3 Bank Points!

Darth Lucanas, for 3 Bank Points, explain what Delta Source was and where was it?

25. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    You have until 9 PM EDT on Tuesday to answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.