main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Wedding - Help needed

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by StarWarsMom12, Mar 30, 2014.

1. StarWarsMom12

StarWarsMom12 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2014
    Hello all!

I am new here. I'm trying to surprise my fiance with a Star Wars themed wedding. We are both fans and I know it would mean a lot to him. We aren't dressing up. I'm mainly doing the decorations, cake, cake topper, etc... in the theme. I had a great idea to make Holocrons for the centerpieces. I would love to spend the money to get a levitron to make them levitate in the middle of the table. I'm not so sure my budget will allow for this. Does anyone have any alternative ideas? Also, if you would like to give me other suggestions for ideas for centerpieces, decorations, etc.. I would appreciate it!! I need help everyone! Thanks!!

2. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, consider music. The best wedding I ever went to, at the reception had the Star Wars Throne Room piece for the wedding party entrance. My older sister said it made her cry....lol.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We had someone a few years back who asked in Collecting about Han/Leia figures for a cake topper. A lot of Leia figures aren't suitable (either she's in the slave outfit or dressed as Boussh) but there was a figure of her in her Bespin dress. If you can find one on eBay it might be suitable. Alternatively you could use Anakin/Padme, You could probably find the AOTC figures fairly easily on eBay.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I went to a SW Wedding and each table was a planet. The guests were encouraged to wear SW Costumes (many hired when they found out the bride and groom were!) and those of us with original costumes wore them proudly. An honour guard in MR lightsabers and a 'Lakes' Wedding cake topped it off. The centre pieces were pyramids with images from that particular planet on them. I was on Tatooine and friends were on Naboo and after a few drinks one of the guys tossed a bread roll from Naboo..........and then war broke out! LOL! BEST WEDDING I HAVE EVER ATTENDED!! [face_love]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sadly the groom passed away last year (Liver failure due to cancer) at the age of 34. His beautiful Padme made her own gown and wore it in a pageant at the end of last year as a loving tribute to her husband. [face_love]

5. Erzengel

Erzengel Jedi Master

Dec 5, 2002

We didn't dress up but we had a lot of Star Wars accents, and it was all pretty tasteful.

A lot of this stuff we got from Etsy or found online.

The venue made our cake and we got our cake topper from Etsy.
    [​IMG]

Cake cutter and server were from Etsy too.

Instead of Table Numbers, we had Table planets. Again from Etsy. We bought frames from AC Moore for each table.
    [​IMG]

I wore Star Wars cufflinks. I got these from Thinkgeek.
    [​IMG]

Instead of a guest book we had this.
    [​IMG]

These were our favors.
    [​IMG]

During the ceremony, we played Duel of the Fates when the groomsmen and Reverend walked out. When we walked out it was to the Thrown Room. During the reception, we played the Ewok Celebration (Original) for the Wedding Party and we walked to the Imperial March.

This was a destination wedding, so we gave out Welcome bags which were Star Wars and we put custom labels that said "Jedi Juice" on each water.

Most of our guests thought it was pretty subtle and it wasn't right in your face. The only thing I wish we could have done was have a charity group dress up in Stormtrooper gear for when we walked in. Our venue didn't allow for outside entertainment.