main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Staying in contact and getting more in contact.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Quickbeam, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quickbeam

Quickbeam Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    I was thinking it might be a good idea to set up a Jax Fan Force yahoogroup. We would need to make it invitation only so that we can keep the spammers out (a problem I've seen on other of my Yahoogroups that did not screen members). This was in addition to posting here members could set it up to get either individual mails or a daily digest of all posts in a day, or read all posts as web only. I know we need to have traffic here as well I just thought it might tighten up the group somewhat being able to adress chapter issues more privately if needed. I'll wager we have a few lurkers here who might be more comfortable with a more private means to just our local community. I'm primarily concerned with some collector type info being misused by a couple of local toy scalpers to our detriment. I'm already sitting on a couple of tidbits of info right now that I'm afraid to let go for fear of having them cut us off at the pass so to speak.
    I think we have a great group going already, I just think it would be even better if we had more contact between members and anything that would facilitate that would be awesome.

Gregg

2. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    A yahoo group sounds good. Also if Luis can make a file out of the names and info he collected last night (if no one has objections) and then we can all have that.

I am also willing to take on the labor of a website since that is what I do for a living.

And PM me those tidbits!!! (please!)

3. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    sound great quickbeam. I didn't take any names last night Postal did all the PR work yesterday. But I will look into the yahoo group.

4. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Ok, People the Yahoo group is online. Send me a PM with your E-mail address so I can send you the invite. Please include your screen name on the PM.

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Okay, I'll send a PM.

I know I'm not here much but its hard for me to make it all the time! However, come the fall I'll be going to UNF which means I'll be in Jacksonville again instead of **shudders** Gainesville. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.