main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO StL's Official Costuming thread!! continued.....

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by twilek69, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Okay, for whatever reason our other costuming thread is locked. I guess we haven't posted in it in a while maybe. So I started a new one.

So today I went to the Tandy Leather shop on Lindbergh with a friend who is learning how to tool leather and OMG! They are super nice, the prices are great and you can bring stuff in on certain days to work on and they will let you use their tools, stamps, etc. and even assist you. My friend has been taking his kids on Thursdays and they are letting the kids scraps work on scraps, including stamping and dying. Just a FYI for those with kids. Also anyone interested they are trying to form a corset building workshop, please PM me if you are interested.

Also my friend who is learning how to tool leather offered to make my Shaak Ti sash/belt piece for me and my jedi belt. I will have to buy the supplies of course. But, Yay!

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Psst. You can always ask a mod to unlock threads ;)

3. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    I'm nearly completed with my Endor Rebel Commando. Need to finish the wood work & painting of my rifle, painting the donut & sewing my vest & gaiters.

Some WIP pics:
    http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/SteelLepp/Endor%20Trooper/

The camo pattern (if you want to call it that) on my pants is brighter than in the pics there.

4. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Wait, I can't talk about sex on the boards but Steve can post a link to pictures of his butt?[face_laugh]

I'm kidding! It looks good. Nice helmet too. :)

5. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Yeah I am inpatient though and if I could get anyone right away I would of just posted a new thread anyway.

It looks really good Steel! Did you use the Rit dye method or the spray paint method for the camo's?

6. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Steel, where'd your helmet come from?

7. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998

No butts were used in the photographing of said pants. [face_laugh] That was a ton of Walmart bags stuffed into the BDUs & hung from some of those pants hangers

Paint for the camo is Design Master paint, used for silk flowers. Basil, Moss Green, Hunter Green & Olive Bright. Hung up in the bathroom on the shower curtain & painted over a couple of days.

The donut came from tk560.com, he's doing an Endor Rifle kit I'm getting a hold of too (but I've gotta build one, just to say I did.tk560's stuff. The soft part is from costumebase on eBay.

8. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    It does look great Steel! :D

9. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998
    I finished the Endor Rebel. Wore it to the Peoria Airshow last month. And I've already upgraded my gaiters & vest from this pic...lol Think I'm still going to upgrade the soft part of the helmet eventually. Now to submit to Rebel Legion.

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/SteelLepp/Peoria%2008/Peo08ERSDebark.jpg]

10. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Wow, now that looks awesome!! I love your costume work!

11. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    That shot is great! Your costume looks great too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.