main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stormtroopers clones,Now confirmed.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Master_Sifo-Dyas, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FOX1973

FOX1973 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2001
    Stormtrooper's are clones.
    Well, duh.

2. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    You're just saying all this to get a rise out of us aren't ya Bib? Oh, you kidder you!

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    How am I kidding you? Was there something I said that was incorrect? Or was based upon humor?

4. willy4pres

willy4pres Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    Bib, either your a very dedicated prankster, or your a complete idiot. Im not sure which one yet, but there both kind of annoying at this point.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I am neither.

"All I'm offering is the truth, nothing more." --Morpheus

6. TrueHero

TrueHero Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    Hey Bib, Is that "Bib" around your neck for dribbling. You baby! Give it up!

7. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Bib, just because the stormtroopers are clones does not mean that they are all clones from the same source. Remember Jango is dead. They need another source, so it would make sense that they used a different source. So they are all clones, just not the same clones.

8. Darth-sennin

Darth-sennin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2001
    Bib is totally yankin our chain. He knows how annoyed he can make us and we fall right in. We all know stormies are clones because Lucas said so, Bib knows it too and he is just tryin to get a rise out of a couple of nerds(myself included) 8-}

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The movie shows they're not clones. How many times must I say that in order to get it through your thick skulls?

10. TrueHero

TrueHero Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    I vote to not reply Bib's ignorance. This is poinless.

11. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    The movie shows they're not clones. How many times must I say that in order to get it through your thick skulls?

The movie shows they aren't all the same height and some of them have different voices. How does that prove they aren't clones again?

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Because if they were all clones, they would all be the same height and have the same voice.

ig·no·rant Pronunciation Key (gnr-nt)
    adj.
    Lacking education or knowledge.
    Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
    Unaware or uninformed.

Methinks the title of "ignorant" would apply more to the rest of you than to me.

13. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    Bib is upset that Lucas contradicted his beloved EU; that's why he is mad. Why are you so adamant about them not being clones? Lucas says they are clones of Boba, end of story.

14. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Because if they were all clones, they would all be the same height and have the same voice.

So you're telling me that if they cloned a 5ft tall man and a 7ft tall man, all the clones would be 6ft tall regardless of their source?

15. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    I'm with Bib on this one (GAAAAAAH!), I don't think all the troopers in the OT are clones.

16. markdil

markdil Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2002
    Perhaps they ARE clones, but not all clones of Jango. That would allow both Lucas's remarks and Bib's insistence that the ST's in the OT are clearly different individuals to coexist.

Doesn't it make sense that as the Imperial military got larger, there were benefits to using more than one source DNA for the clones? Over 100 different templates could be used, all with unique expertise. So they're all clones, but they're not all clones of the same guy. Make sense?

Now you can stop arguing.

17. Darth-sennin

Darth-sennin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2001
    Bib, have you ever seen "Multiplicity"? The science of this movie states that a clone of a clone will have severe defects. Is not possible that stormtroopers are clones of Boba Fett, a clone himself? If that were true as some here have suggested, then it is possible that stormtroopers could have defects or differences such as height and voice.

18. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I see it this way. Some are clones, some aren't. Some are recruited as just normal people.

Some people would want to sign up.

It shows why no officers look the same.

Also, why their voices are not of an NZers accent.

It also explains why noone thought anything of Han's voice.

Bib is upset that Lucas contradicted his beloved EU; that's why he is mad

Well, maybe if you stopped bashing and started thinking, you'd notice that it doesnt, as there is nothing saying any names of Stormtroopers until about 2 before ANH. Which wont be in film. Hence not contradicting, and fitting into what I said. Try looking at the point, not BibBashing :)

19. lod43

lod43 Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    once again i will pose my question. if the storm troopers and clone troopers are identical, then who do they fight in the clone wars? because as you all remeber, obiwan was a general in a clone wars and served Bail Organa (the one who opposed the clone army in the first place). As for the height issue. Im putting the issue to rest right now...since i consider myself an expert in genetics (because i do genetic research) i want to point that the clones of sheep and mice do NOT resemble the donor. In fact the fur of the mice had different colors and patterns. This is further proof that items like height, finger prints and voices are not rooted solely in genetics. I would also point out the identical twins (identical twins are essentially clones) in the USA one of which is 6'0 the other is close to 8 feet tall. He suffers from "gigantism"

20. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    lod43: If you'll think all the way back to AotC (has it been that long?), you will find that the stormtroopers are fighting against the droid armies in the Clone War. The Jedi lead the stormtroopers into battle. That's one of the things that's so nifty about AotC. The stormies are fighting with the Jedi. We're supposed to think: How ironic!

21. smallpaul

smallpaul Jedi Master star 3

Aug 15, 2001
    I can't believe this thread has gone on this long. Perhaps when George started making the movies he didn't have all of the details ironed out yet. He has been known to make a lot of details up as he goes. The only thing that has been a constant is the basic plot, Anakin was a jedi trained by obi-wan, His children were hidden from him at birth after he became darth vader, His children would redeem him in the end. The rest is made up as he goes. Count Dooku was not dreamed up until four or five years ago. Anakin wasn't always a slave in Lucas's mind. Qui Gon and Obi-wan were the same person until he got deeper into writting TPM. The fact that the ST in the OT are differen't sizes and have slightly different voices means nothing. Perhaps in hindsight he wishes they all were the same size but that dowsn't mean from a storytelling point of view that they aren't. Don't get too caught up in the details. It's a movie. There are going to be plotholes if you look for them. Use the same stretch of the imagination it takes to believe that ships make sound in space to believe that ST are clones.

22. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Im sorry, but I doubt they are clones. Davin Fealth for one was not, and stoormtrooper voice patterns differ as well.

23. Kloohorn

Kloohorn Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2002
    George Lucas has said the stormtroopers are clones. That's undeniable. Yet, it's also equally undeniable, from the OT films, that the OT stormtroopers were of different heights and had different voices.

Rather than say "Lucas must be wrong," which I don't think is really possible since, you know, he's the creator of all of this, let's look at some possible explanations.

In AOTC, Dex says that the Kaminoans are cloners, "damn good ones, too." Doesn't this imply that there are other cloners in the galaxy? Doesn't it also imply that other cloners aren't as good as the Kaminoans?

Building off of lod43's comment there that all real-world clones aren't always identical (difference in fur colors, etc.), isn't it again possible, especially if multiple races/cultures of cloners are involved, that some batches of clones come out shorter than others? The Kaminoans say all clones are genetically engineered -- what if other cloners' engineering isn't as good, and it comes with side effects such as voice changes, and a genetic weakness for the combat tactics of small furry forest dwellers?

True enough, in AOTC, all the clones are identical in height and voice, but this could be because they all come from the same source: those "damn good" cloners on Kamino. Someone else said, even the million clones Taun We says are currently in production isn't much for a galaxy-spanning evil Empire. Palpatine is going to need a lot more clones as the Empire continues to grow. Doesn't it make sense that Kamino eventually won't be able to keep up with demand and will no longer be the sole source of the clones?

Lucas is the creator of all things Star Wars, so I don't think his words should be so easily dismissed, especially when there are some very reasonable in-universe solutions for how the OT stormtroopers can be of different heights and voices and yet still all be clones.

24. shogun_1138

shogun_1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    Sorry man, you can't use the Davin Felth argument. It's EU. I'm behind Bib on this one 100%. All this crap about gravity and diets, while true, is not going to be brought in ep III. Lucas has dug himself into a hole. He has stated that stormies=clones but I seriously doubt he will give reason for the height/voice difference. Until I see clones=stormies on screen, his quote is EU to me. If GL said that Qui-Gon was Anakin's father, would you believe him? It has to be on screen or in official documents (TOS) to prove it's canoness. For example; is Boba Fett dead? He fell into the sarlacc, yes, but who says he never got out?

25. Katarn15

Katarn15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2001
    This is kinda unexpected, but is something I've always suspected about ST. I've always had a feeling they were clones. And with AOTC and George confirming it himself I have no doubt they are clones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.