main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Strategos- non linear turn based situational combat

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Wildwookiee, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    This is a non-character based RP. The object is simple: Win.

The Game. Bring a friend, or if you don't have any...I'll designate you one ;p. I'll designate you resources and an objective, and a brief overview of the situation (what time period, what planet, Any major characters that you might have controll of etc...) This will be in a PM form, so your opponent will NOT know what your force is OOC. You might be a band of Pirates hitting a luxuary cruiser but getting jumped by an Imperial patrol ship; you might be a Sith Lord with the mission of infiltrating the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine During Darth Revan's time; or you might score a fleet battle during the Second Galactic Civil War. Anything is up for grabs. But this means one more thing:

The fights won't always be fair. It will be up to you to be intelligent, to not throw away resources in stupid gambits unless you have a valid idea that it might work.

If you are an observer and want to know what the forces are, I will PM you under the request that you don?t share your information with the combatants. Obviously I can?t monitor this, but I will trust you to adhere to this.

The Play This is turn Based. I, or a designated GM, will post the situation and then designate one player to begin the action (it will usually be the one on the offensive.) The player will post their actions then tag the other player, who will post his actions. after both players have posted their moves, I will post a follow up, describing what happens. The process will then repeat itself until I declare a victor. If necessary, I?ll post a follow up.

Arbitration If you post a move and I respond with something that you don?t agree with or don?t think I took something into account, please PM me. I might not still agree with you, and in that case you may ask for Arbitration. I?ll halt the game at that time, and then ask three GM?s of current games being played to review the situation and vote. Their decision will stand. Players can PM me however much they want, however due to keeping the action moving forward you only get One arbitration per game.

Words of Wisdom

-My name is Wildwookiee (two e?s) or simply WW.
    Misspelling the name of the GM won?t get you into good graces ;P

-You DON'T have to post your entire strategy .
    If you are going to feint, you don't want to post this...because your opponent will know you're going to, and even OOC and not God modding, their strategy will reflect your move, even if they don?t mean to. I would say that if you are planning some sort of surprise attack, or if you have a 'crazy hair brained scheme,' PM me and I'll tell you if it's allowed. I won't let you know if it will work, but if I know you're going to do it; it will keep me from calling foul on you.

-Be detailed.
    The more information you have, the more I have to work with. This doesn?t mean tell your opponent everything that you?re doing?but rather tell me everything that you?re observing.

-Ask questions.
    You might need to ask your Tactical Officer for a layout of the battlefield, or a recon report. I?ll lay it out at that point. If there are forces that are cloaked, shielded, or in Hyperspace they will not be in the battlefield report. You?re going to be working with limited information, so act as such.

-Play smart.
    You will make mistakes, don?t compound them by getting frustrated and throwing your battle away.

Reward
    Should you win and wish to battle again, I?ll pull up better opponents for you, and harder situations. Should you choose to rematch, it will be against the same player, but a different situation. Keep winning?and who knows who you?ll have to fight.

2. grayaus

grayaus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2010
    I'm going to play

3. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    Awesome, I've had a few other people PM me about it. If you are interested as well, please go ahead and post here. I'm going to go through and match up players against someone that I think are roughly equaled.

4. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    alright, I've got two players. I'll post the situation today.

5. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    If this still has any chance, i want to join.

I think it'll do better with a more descriptive name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.