main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Strictly] What the...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Everton, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    ...bloody hell is Alesha Dixon doing on the judging panel? The others all have huge experience and authority, and she... looks pretty. [face_plain]

Yeah. I watch Strictly.

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I watch it too and I think it's just a nod to the fan boys by bringing in an attractive (yet unqualified person) to provide the "person at home" opinion and to get rid of an old person (if oyu believe the brouhaha about the BBC being anti anyone over the age of 35 daily mail rubbish!)!

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It was stupid to get rid of a senior female judge, they didn't get rid of the senior male judge did they?

Such a move is hardly suprising, X Factor have done it by putting Cheryl Cole & Danni Minogue on the judging panel. Being a good looking singer who happens to have won a junk TV talent show does not entitle you to claim you know better.
    It's the same on Britain's Got Talent. Amanda Holden is a rubbish actress and she's on the judging panel telling other people they have no talent. They apparently axed Kelly Brook from the panel after only a week. Ok she also has no talent but at least she's nicer to look at then Holden is.

Seems the only show with a proper panel is any of the show Lord Lloyd Webber decides to do. Or perhaps Dancing on Ice (having not really seen any of that it's hard to say, I'd only watch it for Holly Willoughby).

The more people get put off such brain-melting TV dribble the better. ITV should stop axing it's decent shows and axe the reality junk instead.

4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Wasn't all this announced like months ago? Have you spent the summer in Siberia, Everton? [face_laugh]

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Richie, you REALLY need to chill out more.

6. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    1, Kelly Brook has a disconcerting look about her eyes and the bridge of her nose which kind of makes her look a bit strange. Given the choice I would plump for the Holden.

2, ITV never made decent shows, it have always been the entertainment staple of the chav. Given that I'm surprised that you even acknowledge it's existence.

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I was in the audience at Manchester when Kelly was the "judge" on BGT. She really was awful so credit to ITV for having the balls to realise that and axe her.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Primeval was good, Demons is OK.
    ITV's many detective drama series such as Poirot, Morse, Midsomer Murders etc are all decent shows
    The occassional big money adaptations they attempt seem pretty good. I only saw glimpses of their version of Wuthering Heights but it seemed well done.

Channel 4 is much more of a chav channel, even without Big Brother.

9. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    Primeval and Demons are both terrible, on par with the Sci-Fi channel's output.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I liked the first two seasons of Primeval. I agree on Demons though - I watched it but by the end I really didn't care.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They were far better then the BBC's attempts to fill the Dr Who void. Robin Hood was not a great show, Merlin is better but still not as good as either of ITV's attempts.

And that is hardly the type of TV Chavs would watch, Chavs think Sci-Fi/Fantasy is rubbish, they watch soaps or reality TV.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I watched the first 4 or 5 Merlin episodes in the first season but I went off it. Haven't bothered with the second.

13. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    Robin Hood has been done to death over the years, just like Sherlock Holmes. As for chavs viewing habits - I saw a fat, sweaty, greasy-haired and tattooed woman in Asda the other day desperately searching for DVDs of "The Tudors"

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The Tudors is a fictional drama, based on history. Like Rome before it it skips through history often missing outcharacters or adding some that don't exist. They only watch it for the sex and/or violence in it. Desperate Romantics did much the same thing.

If it was a period drama like the upcoming version of Emma, then I would hatch a bet at them not being so interested.

15. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    Cheers Richie, I might have guessed when I saw the character's hairstyles on the DVD cover.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Knowing little of Clothing/Hairstyle history I doubt I would.

17. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    this program along with x-factor makes me want to stick my head in the oven...ding ding!!! cooked!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.