main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stronger Women Needed in AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by LeavingTashiStation, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_pooh

darth_pooh Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Let's get back on the topic of the thread, shall we? ;)

I'm trying to think of a pragmatic way (within the scripting) that a "stronger" message could be sent:

I was always troubled by the fact that we never really learned the true emotional impact of the Tusken Slaughter on Padme.

Some have argued elsewhere in the forum that she "forgave" Anakin.

I think a weak point in EP III (though this belongs in another forum - EP III) would be to play on Anakin's "saving" tendencies to turn him to the Dark Side. I.e., "I couldn't save Padme!"

Well, I don't think that Padme should be portrayed as someone who needs saving. I think that she should "choose" not to show him the children and to leave him of her own accord after he makes an utter @$$ of himself by turning to the Emperor. A divorce of sorts.

This would put an interesting spin on the latter trilogy. Vader left by Padme because he chose to become evil. Furthermore, this would show that Anakin's "turning" will be a tragedic choice in the mythical sense - rather than a by-product of his troubled psychology and pained past (as AOTC seemed to imply). I felt less angry at Anakin in this movie and felt that he was more "disturbed" than anything else. My modern sympathies make me feel for such a character...It makes me want to understand why he chooses evil. But the choice should be his own, not brought on by his "pain." That demeans his choice!

To have Padme set a strong stance in the final part, she too will have to make the tragedic choice of leaving the one she loved - perhaps even in secret - because he has gone insane.

His turning because "he couldn't save her" just puts her in a weakened position and lowers the strenght of his choice and her choice- makes him a puppet, and makes her one too!

Just thoughts ;)

2. Rikalonius

Rikalonius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2001
    I agree with Darth_Pooh that Padme should leave Anakin because he is turning to the Dark Side. Actually if I was writing it I would have her fall in Love with Obi Wan. Then she would escape to Alderaan with Leia and Obi Wan would escape to Tatooine with Luke and a promise to go to her as soon as he can. But Obi Wan gets wind that an Assasin has finally completed the long unfinished buisness of killing Padme Nerfhearder, I mean Naberrie. This depressing news sends him into the Judland wastes as a hermit for many years. Later he tries to take Luke back from Owen Lars so that he can take him Dagobah. Owen refuses and ousts Obi Wan from the Lars estate. Obi Wan is forced to hide out in hopes of one day running into Luke and bringing to Dagobah of his own free will.

3. yodagirl02

yodagirl02 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    If you want some more cool girls I would suggest the EU. Tenel Ka is powerful, Jaina Solo is strong and smart, Mara Jade is very skilled and doesnt let Luke boss her around. There are many great females in the books. As far as the movies, I agreee, we need more girls w/ power!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.