main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stupid AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Ja-ClosEasou, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ja-ClosEasou

Ja-ClosEasou Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Right.

I'm not sure if this thread has been made but I'm sure the connection has been made.

There is the DEATH STAR in AOTC. Count Dooku and the Separatist's "brainchild". It's "their" plans for the ultimate weapon. If you don't read EU, you can buy this.

BUT.

During the Jedi Academy trilogy, it is pointed out several times by Qwi Xux that "she" designed the Death Star within the Maw Installation. Put there by Tarkin, a young Moff in the Empire, which conviently came around about 10-12 years AFTER the events of AOTC.

Someone explain!

PS. Boba Fett kicks ass!!

2. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    You have to understand that it is the Jedi Academy series that is stupid..... well so was AOTC but thats another matter. All things EU are as relevant to Star Wars as an episode of Star Trek. It's all an alternate universe where Boba Fett has multiple contradictory origins, Palpatine has an illegitimate son named Triclops and Jedi were disappearing upon their death thousands of years before TPM. Once you accept this you will be more at ease with yourself and wont feel the need to make pointless threads. Remember if it's in the Prequels then it's bad, but if it's in the EU it's probably worse. :D

3. Ja-ClosEasou

Ja-ClosEasou Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Yeah, but Jedi Academy rules. Kyp Durron! Sun Crusher! Daala!

If Jar Jar Binks didn't exist I would probably accept this :p

4. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, but Jedi Academy rules. Kyp Durron! Sun Crusher! Daala!

......... [face_laugh] [face_plain]

5. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    The movies = Canon
    EU = EU

LIVE WITH IT.

[face_plain]

6. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    EU does not comepletely = the films.
    ATOC is correct. EU is wrong.

7. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Actually...

Films = canon
    EU = canon

...officially and in my own personal view.

But anyways, let's not start a canon debate. :p Instead, let me answer the question from an EU point of view. The entire Death Star design is easily explained-- you just have to actually read the EU before you begin criticizing it. So, here's the deal...

Tarkin and Sienar came up with the original plan, and together with help from Lemelisk and the technologically competent Geonosians, created preliminary designs for the weapon. Count Dooku then gave these plans to Darth Sidious, AKA Palpatine, who kept them throughout the transpiring of the Clone Wars and establishing of the Empire.

Grand Moff Tarkin then set up the secret research facility of the Maw Installation, where under the protection of Admiral Daala an enclave of top scientists were recruited or forcibly assigned to the Death Star development project, as well as a few other designs (eventually the Sun Crusher would come out of these).

This is where Bevel Lemelisk comes in again, as well as the other Maw scientists. There, at the Installation, scientists such as Qwi Xux and Tol Sivron, under the command of Bevel Lemelisk, developed design concepts and engineering breakthroughs that would make the Death Star possible.

Lemelisk drew up the final designs, and took the plans from Maw Installation to the remote Outer Rim world of Despayre. There, prison labor mined the world for the necessary materials needed to construct this weapon of terror. After long years of toil, during which many slaves died, the Death Star finally was completed. To mark the occasion, and to test its superlaser, Despayre became the first world targeted by the gargantuan weapon. The planet that was the Death Star's cradle was utterly obliterated.

Grand Moff Tarkin then, since it was partly his brainchild and the reason it was built was because of a proposal (the Doctrine of Fear) he got enacted, was given command of the station.

And we all know what happens from there... [face_mischief] ;)

8. Son_of_Jango

Son_of_Jango Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2004
    i agree that both are canon

9. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    Max Reebo designed the Death Star. Nothing in the movies contradicts that.. [face_plain]

10. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I believe George Lucas once said something along the lines of "Think of the expanded universe as an "alternate 'Star Wars' universe".

Whether the movies contradict the EU or the EU contradicts the films doesn't matter. The films will always be right.

11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Films should be above everything.
    EU is just sort of an appendix.

12. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Max Reebo designed the Death Star. Nothing in the movies contradicts that

Actually...Max only came up with the name. It was supposed to be the name of his band. "Max Reebo and the Death Stars". Only, the Empire heard it and ripped him off.

He and his band then got blackballed by every good club within the Empire, so he and his bandmates were forced to scrounge a living playing for Jabba under the name "Max Reebo and the Jiz Wailers".

Hard times to be a musician.

13. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
  14. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I dont care about the EU. Its the movies that count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.