main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Summer meeting?

Discussion in 'Archive: Lubbock, TX' started by TI1420, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Seeing as how there are some new members to the area, and that I haven't yet met some of the members already here, I hope we can get together in the next few weeks.

Is anyone up for a meeting soon?
    Post your ideas here. We could meet at a restaurant, park, Putt-putt, museum, etc. I can hook us up with a room at the Science Spectrum if that is of interest to any of y'all.
    We could BBQ, watch a movie, have a toy swap or book discussion, or just sit back and shoot the breeze.

Hopefully we can get something going for early to mid August. I look forward to meeting everyone!

2. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    Early to Mid-August sounds gret to me! I would be up for any of those ideas also :)

3. The_Mandalorian

The_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2003
    Having a get-together at some point sounds great to me. I will be in-and-out of Lubbock until about August 5th or so...so that early-to-mid August period should be fine for me. I'll talk to you all later, and I look forward to meeting everyone!

4. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Erm, OK since this has lingered a bit, let's say.....

August 23rd (?)

How's that for y'all?

I can find a place, but I need help with activity ideas. We can maybe do video night, during which we can watch (of course) Star Wars or any number of other things.

Any of y'all out there, LMK or post here. I'm looking forward to meeting those of you I haven't, and seeing the rest of you again.

Cheers!

Ian

PS: I plan on wearing my Imperial officer uniform and bringing my TIE gear- I hope others with props and costumes will do likewise!

5. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    Auguest 23 sounds good to me. Movies sound good to me, I can't think of anything else right now. I am working out at the paintball place (Xtreme Village) on the weekends here in Lubbock, so if any of you might be interested in playing paintball or rock wall climbing, ect.. I might possibly be able to work something out for us. Let me know what you think. Just an idea.
    I look forward to meeting you all soon! :)

6. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    OOpse, I need to amend my above post:

It seems as though the 23rd will not work for me :( We have a paintball tournament that weekend at work and we will be really busy, so I wont be able to get off of work to attend. If we could meet the day after or the day before that would be good for me, or whenever. BUt if the 23rd works for everyone but me, dont worry I can catch you all next time.

7. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    In that case let's plan for the 24th.

...and I will definitely be out for some more paintball this summer. All my bruises from May have faded. :D

So:
    Lubbock meeting
    August 24th
    Science Spectrum
    Time: after 4pm, more details later.

It's looking like game night- I'm bringing a PS2 and Star Wars games (Podracing etc). We'll have a video projector and really good sound.
    If anyone has an X-box or Gamecube and wants to bring it and some games that would be cool. PM or email me.

8. The_Mandalorian

The_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2003
    that time and place should work fine for me...game night sounds cool, as well...I don't mind bringing my Xbox and some games if ya'll want, and now that I think about it, I might be able to borrow a Gamecube for that day from one of my friends...I'll check on that. Well, I look forward to meeting everyone! TTYL

9. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    Soare we still on for this Sunday? Who all is going to be there??

10. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Rats... due to recent events at work, game night in the Omni is off... for now.
    I will hook this up in the near future for sure, but some things came up this week (mostly a projector rental for early Monday morning) that force me to put game night off for the time being.
    I'm really sorry for the last minute notice; I only found out today myself.

I would *really* still like to have the meeting, though.
    I propose Aroma's Coffeehouse at 82nd and Slide Rd for an informal get together, same as before for time and day:

Sunday August 24th
    Aroma's Coffeehouse
    7pm

Call me at 632 6170 for directions or other information.

I'll be the tall goofy dude wearing an Omega Wing T-shirt and purple Star Garrison cap. And I might be wielding a light saber, ya never know.

**Please RSVP** by PM, posting here, phone, or email if you plan to be there- that way those of us there know how many folks to look for.

In the meanwhile, any of y'all who want to see a show at the Omnimax please feel free to call me or email bullseyetie@yahoo.com and I'll hook you up. "Magic of Flight" started today and it is great.

11. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Well, there weren't too many of us, but we had a really good time. Dinochik, my wife, and I met up at the coffeeshop and had a nice chat, and it wasn't even all about Star Wars, lol.

Hopefully we can get together again soon, and some of you other folk will join us. Sorry about the last minute change; The Big Game night is merely postponed and I will announce the reschedule on this forum, or you can email me anytime.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.