main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming The Super Mario Super Thread!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Nailbiter, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Rew 's opening post, prior to thread merger:

"So since the Zelda series has its own thread, I figured Mario should too. I mean, there are already threads for specific Mario subseries like NSMB and Mario Kart, but nothing for the Mario franchise as a whole. I figure we can use this thread for general Super Mario discussion and for when news hits.

So, in the plumber's own words, here we go!
    Anyway, what are your favorite Mario games, and which ones are you most looking forward to playing?"

---Original Mario Sunshine Thread Opening Post Follows---

I just got a chance to play the import version of this game [SMS] at a friend's house and I must say it uhh, ROCKS. Everything from the control, to the graphics, to the animation, to the story, to the FMVs, to the...EVERYTHING is perfect in this game. I had my doubts about the graphics at first but this works out beutifully. It's one of the best platformers I've played and is hard and amusing at the same time. Oh and it's fun. Amazingly fun. Addictively fun. Euphorically fun.

Yeah, so uhh talk about the game here! It comes out August 26th.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2019
  2. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    I heard the tunes are really good in this game. What's your opinion, Jedi_Nailbiter
    ? I can't wait till August 26th, I've got my preorder ready.

3. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    i really liked Mario 64. If this is anything like it, i'll be very very happy.

4. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    I can't wait for it to come out. If it's as good as Super Mario 64 I'll be happy. I've started seeing commercials, but still haven't seen any actual gameplay.

5. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    The music? Yeah, the music is brilliant...a mix of the classic and new tunes. As I said before, eveything about this game is perfect.

hehe, I thought this thread was dead and I'd just walk away ignoring it.

6. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    You've seen the commercial, DUM? It's horrid isn't it? It's the one that goes 'Clean is better than dirty...dirty is meaner than clean' and has mario cleaning up with real people. It's really bad. That's the one right?

7. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Hey, that commerical rocks! Anything "cooler" than that would be stupid. It's a great "in yo face, suckas!" by Nintendo to it's competitors. They don't need in-your-face action put to some Teeny Bopper Fad Metal(tm) band song to promote this game and they know it.

-Jomero

8. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Yup, it's that commercial. It gets a little anoying after a while.

9. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    I just wish they did this instead (too long to hyperlink:

http://media.nintendo.com/nintendo/contents/gamepage/gamecontent/images/e3/super_mario_sunshine/e3_mariosun_gcn_trailer.wmv

http://media.nintendo.com/nintendo/contents/gamepage/gamecontent/images/e3/super_mario_sunshine/e3_mariosun_gcn_trailer.mov

10. Jomero

Jun 3, 1999
    Yeah, I've liked that movie ever since it first went up on the web (IGN wasn't the first to put it up). However, it is too long to be a commercial, as they generally aren't supposed to go over 30 seconds.

Something loosely based off of it would be cool, but oh well. Mario is mario and it doesn't really matter what you do. People will still buy it. Even if you got a bunch of nerds together in different colored t-shirts shouting "Mario! Mario! Mario!" people will still buy the game.

Oh wait. Nintendo already did That. (No Mario commercial has topped that one yet)

-Jomero

11. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Hmmm. Neither of those are showing up for me.

12. Jomero

Jun 3, 1999
    If your talking about his two links, and not including mine....If there is a percent (%) sign between the ".mov" then delete it. It popped up for me too.

-Jomero

13. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    I'd like to see Nintendo atleast make one other commercial that caters to an older audience, I mean that commercial is made for 5 year olds!

14. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    Retarded commercials aside, this game rocks. Period. So let's talk about that.

15. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    How does Yoshi work?

16. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    I dunno. I've never played on Yoshi yet.

17. Jomero

Jun 3, 1999
    Yoshi works similar to the way he did in Super Mario World combined with Yoshi's Island (getting that extra bit of air when you hold down the jump button at the top of your jump).

When he eats a piece of fruit now, however, he vomits (yeah, vomits) it out at enemies.

-Jomero

18. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    You can see bile and chunks of food when he spits it?! Sweet! :cool: :p

Anything else about him thats interesting?

19. Jomero

Jun 3, 1999
    Yeah, they made him talk a little bit which I think is the lamest thing possible. The only sounds he used to make was that weird noise. He was like Snoopy. Intelligent and able to formulate words, but actual sounds he made were just uncomprehensible weird ones. Mario Kart 64 kept him from forming actual words.

Then Mario Tennis and Super Smash Brothers came out and he was saying stuff like "Yoshieeeee!" which made me actually say out loud, "LAAAAAME!" Yoshi used to be my favorite character, but they've made me lose a lot of respect for him by giving him a voice.

-Jomero

20. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    OMG YOU CAN RIDE THE MERRY GO ROUND!

[image=http://www.gamers.com/i/pics/1206922.jpg]

:D That picture makes me so happy!

21. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Oh... yes... it is breathtaking indeed...

22. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    Shuttup man, this game makes me so happy.

23. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Happy in an obsessive compulsive type of way, or in a campy childhood memory kind of way?

24. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Both, -one, +two.

25. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    But the pic was displaying a box saying you could remotely link to Gamers.com. :p

But I agree, I'll be picking it up. Of course it's childish and not as mature as most of the other games I play, but it would be hard to deny that this sort of game is fun.

And damn, I need to put my brother's Cube to good use. It's been worthless since we stopped playing SSBM.