main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Supermegafest 2006 - WE RAISED $426.00 FOR THE DFJFA!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    J_O

When I went to Supermegafest two years ago, it was $25 for Anthony Daniels' autograph. I'm not sure how much autographs are going to be this year, but I would expect to bring $50 if you want just Billy Dee Williams' John Hancock.

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Mike,

You can pretty much get all the info you need over at www.supermegafest.com. As for autograph prices, they generally range anywhere from $15-30 depending on who's you want. Last year Temura Morrison was asking around $30 which was high considering he was only getting $20 at C3. BDW on the other hand was getting $30 at C3 so my guess is he'll be around $35-40.

If you do make it, definitely stop by the table and say hi.

3. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Here's an update on where we stand as far as donations for the gift baskets. Remember, there this stuff is getting split into two baskets, one for each day.

- 2 VTSC Figures
    - 2 Titanium Vaders (Target exclusive Mustafar version)
    - 2 basic figures
    - 2 Mini M&Ms bobblehead dispensers
    - 2 Lightsaber spoons
    - 6 Burger King toys
    - 2 M&M Empire Figure sets
    - 2 M&M Empire ornaments
    - 1 set of early bird figures
    - 2 unleashed mini battle packs
    - 1 Titanium Vader (vintage finish)
    - 1 Titanium Landspeeder

ALERT: I though I had 2 baskets for the stuff, but it appears I only have one. Does anyone have a large basket they would be willing to donate to the cause? It doesn't have to be anything special, just large enough to hold half of the stuff listed above.

4. Garrett_Skymaster

Garrett_Skymaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2006
    I'll try to make it, I'm pretty sure I have nothing else planned for this weekend. If I can finish my homework, I should be able to go.

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    how big do we need. my wife said she will go to Xmas Tree shop to pick one up tomorrow (tuesday).

Jorge

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    That's a good question. My guess would be something a minimum of 18 inches long, 8-9 inches wide and 4-6 inches tall.

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I'll definately be looking for the table if I make it. After hanging out up here for the last 3+ years it would be nice to meet you guys and actually talk, in person, for a change. ;)

8. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Where is SMF held in Framingham?

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    It's at the Framingham Sheraton on Rt. 9 heading west. It's right at the Rt. 9/Mass Pike intersection. It's the hotel that kinda looks like a castle.

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    It's going to be at the Sheraton.

Beat me out by less than a minute... damn you're quick Mike!

11. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just wanted to remind those coming that if they take pictures at the event, they can send them to me (see my profile for my Yahoo ID...I can get email there) and I'll add them to the MySpace page. Having photos from events up would be good for recruiting, so I'd like to fill that part of the MySpace page out. :D

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yup, still got it! Even at my advanced age.;)

Way ahead of you Richie. I'll be bringing my digi camera both days to get some shots of the table, the raffle winners, group members, and any attractive members of the opposite gender.;)

God I hope my wife doesn't read this...[face_praying]

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Well, I have the cellphone now, so I'm set for calling people. My current plan is to take the train that will arrive @ South Station at 10:42 AM Saturday, which only allows me 8 minutes to catch the train that will arrive in Framingham at 11:35 AM. If I do connect that way, I should be able to stay for a while until I have to leave for the train that leaves Framingham @ 2:50 PM. I may have to wait a while at South Station to catch the train back to Brockton after that, but I should be back in Brockton around quarter past 6 that evening. If I miss the planned outbound train to Framingham, there is another one that arrives in Framingham @ 1:27 PM, but I won't be able to stick around long if that happens.

Wormie, PM me your cellphone number in case I have to call you.

Hope to see everyone there. :)

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Here's the deal folks. SMF is scheduled to run from 10-6 on Saturday and 10-5 on Sunday. My problem is my wife needs to leave for work around 6:15, so I'll have to leave around 5:00 on Saturday to make it home on time. Unless someone wants to run the table for the last hour, I close up at 5:00. That also means that the raffle drawing will take place at 4:00 and not 5:00.

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up before hand.

15. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    What ever has to be done Mike go ahead and do it. I know that I will more than likely only be there for a few hrs if at all on Sat or Sun. I don't think that having the raffle at 4:00 matter much anyways considering that the con closes at 6:00.

16. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I can stay until end of the con on Saturday and close up Mike. :)

I should be there bright an early on Saturday too.

17. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks for the offer Chris. I've already made up the signs for our table that the raffle drawing will be held at 4:00, so we can still go ahead with that. As for the table staying 'open' past five, we can play it by ear and see how the day goes. If it warrants it, we can keep it open. If not, close up and some people can spend the last hour walking the floor looking for deals.

18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Chris checked in with a nice addition to the growing list of donations for our baskets.:D
    On top of what everyone else has committed, Chris will be adding the following:
    - C3 Vader
    - Yoda Portrait
    - ANH BK Watch
    - Han/Chewie Silver Anniversary 2-pk
    - VINTAGE :eek: Star Wars soundtrack (double album)
    - Taco Bell Darth Maul posters (3)

He also hinted that there may be additional stuff as well!

I also worked out a deal with one of our newer members, Biren. He's going to auction off one of his unbelievable paintings of Lando at our table and half of the proceeds will go to our charity, the DFJFA. If you haven't seen his work yet, you can check out a couple of pieces on his web site. There is a link to them in the 'NEW PAINTING" thread on our boards.

I'll be checking in again this evening after I put my little ones to bed. If anyone has any last minute news or questions, fire away. If I don't hear from anyone, I'll see you all tomorrow!

19. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I will be able to be there by 8:00 a.m. and help set up.

I may have to leave around 9:15 to 9:30 to bring my mother in Boston to a doctor's appointment. And I will be back after that.

On Sunday I will only be able to attend for a short time probably until 2.

Jessica's stepfather passed away last night and his service is on Sunday from 4 to 7 p.m.

But I will be working hard to get some raffles sold on both days.

Awesome painting by Biren that is really a generous thing for him to do.

Your art work is really great!!

20. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Well, my sleep was interrupted last night by a couple of people who buzzed my apartment at one in the morning, and when someone else let them in, started knocking on one of the neighbors' door. I eventually got back to sleep, but my morning was dragging from the moment I woke up, and I ended up missing the train into Boston. Oh well, maybe next year. [face_plain]

21. marajade128

marajade128 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2002
    howd things go today?

wish I could have been there

maybe next year

I love conventions!

22. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Hi marajade...I looked at your profile and recognized your MySpace. Good to see you delurk. Perhaps you'll make it to another meet in the future. :D

23. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, day one is in the books and I'm pleased to say we had a great day at SMF and managed to raise a good ammount of money for the DFJFA. Today's total was $250 and we hope to at least match that with tomorrow's take.

I'll post a 'Grand Total' either tomorrow evening or sometime Monday morning. I'll also have a couple of photos the I'll post as well.

Mike

24. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    glad to hear that much was raised for charity that is a pretty good total for a few hrs I do believe.

It was great seeing everyone today. I know my visit was short and sweet, but I had some other things to get accomplished. lol I am not sure who was all there on Sat I know I spoke Mike, Jim, Chris, and Matt. I saw Gary standing in line for autographs. Hopefully next year I will be able to help man the table or something. This weekend started out in a blaze of glory Friday night around 8:00pm. But that is another story for another time.

25. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    The totals are in. And although it was a slow day for pretty much everyone at SMF, we managed to finish with a 2-day total of $426.00 for the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism!

I just want to everyone here who helped out. Whether your donation was money, merchandise or time, I thank you endlessly. One out of every 166 children in the U.S. is diagnosed with some form of Autism. While there is currently no cure for Autism, by supporting the hard work of charities like the DFJFA, hopefully, someday sooner than later, a cure will be found.

Again, thanks and congrats to every FF member who helped out in their own way. It was 100% appreciated.

?DW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.