main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW:CCG FAQ (post your ruling questions here)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bib Fortuna Twi'lek, Apr 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Q: Does Mara Jade suspend Scum And Villainy?
    A: No. Scum searches for aliens, and Mara is an alien. Her Imperial status is irrelevant for Scum.

Q: Does the destiny for Jedi Test 5/Smoke Screen/Darklighter Spin count as a "drawn" destiny?
    A: No. Those cards work "instead" of drawing a destiny, so Tarkin and Boelo would not be able to cancel them.

Q: Does Menace Fades/Imperial Decree/Jedi Test 1 count as a Force drain
    modifier?
    A: No. Those cards cancel the modifiers to the drain; they do not modify the drain itself.

Q: Do Jabba's Palace sites count as Tatooine sites?
    A: Yes. Also, Tatooine: Jabba's Palace is considered a Jabba's Palace site.

Q: Can you play Vader's Obsession just before Luke is captured with Bring Him Before Me?
    A: No. Vader capturing Luke is an automatic action, which occurs before any optional ones.

Q: Can Vader duel a captured Luke?
    A: Only when Take Your Father's Place is on table and using the text of that Objective.

Q: Do two of the same non-unique pilot both add to power of the same
    ship/vehicle they pilot? Do 2 Mercenary Pilots or Palace Raiders aboard 2
    transport vehicles add 2 destinies? Can two different Makurths both 'scream' in the same battle?
    A: No to all three. Those cards are not cumulative.

Q: If both players want to play Disarmed during the same control phase, who's works?
    A: Players take turns taking actions during each phase with the player whose turn it is going first. Soon Dark Side's turn, Dark Side would get the first
    action, then Light Side.

Q: Is (character name) a matching pilot for (starship name)?
    A: A matching pilot is a character whose gametext mentions the name of a
    unique starship (or a persona of that starship) or vice versa.

Q: Can Red Squadron 1/Gold Squadron 1 be on the table at the same time as Red 2/Millennium Falcon respectively?
    A: No, Red Squadron 1 is a persona of Red 2 and Gold Squadron 1 is a persona of the Falcon.

Q: Can you play I Am Your Father after a duel?
    A: Not really. In the case of Epic Duel, Luke would either be lost (in which case I Am Your Father is useless), or crossed (in which I Am Your Father
    would be lost). In the case of Take Your Father's Place, it cannot deploy on Luke because it does not specify a captured Luke (it can be used with that
    Objective if Luke is not a captive, though). However, it CAN be played after the Jedi Test 6 duel.

Q: Does X character have Y characteristic?
    A: Only if that characteristic appears in the title or lore or if it is clarified in the Current Rulings Document.

Q: Can Snoova capture a character with Sniper?
    A: No. When he uses a Vibro-Ax to capture a character, that target has to be participating in battle. When using Sniper, the target is not in battle, so
    exclusion is not possible with a Vibro Ax and therefore, Snoova cannot capture.

Q: Can I use Squadron Assignments/Combat Response to search more than once
    per turn?
    A: No. Because the card specifies a time period and 'one,' the action can only be initiated once during that time period.

Q: How much is X card worth?
    A: However much it is worth to you and however much you can sell it for.

Q: Does Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight subtract 3 from opponent's Epic Duel total?
    A: Yes. Epic Duel is an attempt to cross Luke over.

Q: Which happens first? All Wrapped Up, Bacta Tank or Ben Kenobi?
    A: Since Dark Side gets the first 'just' response to a Light Side action, All Wrapped Up would happen first. Bacta Tank is also a 'just' response, but Dark
    Side gets the first opportunity. Ben Kenobi happens at the end of the battle, so he has to wait until everything in the battle is over.

Q: If I flip Watch Your Step, are my characters still deploy +6?
    A: Yes. On Objectives, everything between "For" and "While" lasts for remainder of the game.

Q: If I have a card that allows a repeating blaster to fire for free, is each shot free?
    A: No. Only the first shot is free; subsequent shots are at normal use of the Force.

Q: Is Star Destroyer: Launch Bay con

2. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I got a question, and I dont wanna start a whole new thread for it.

What's "Nightime Conditons"

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    "Nighttime conditions" are defined by the cards Sunsdown and Nightfall. Also, the Sandcrawler sites are under nighttime conditions.

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    thanks Bib, you RULE!

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    No problem. I am one of the most knowledgeable rules gurus in existence, so when I give an answer, you can be pretty much sure that it's right. :)

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> so when I give an answer, you can be pretty much sure that it's right<<

Except when the post is edited by Red, it seems... ;;D

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Quick question- with Echo Base OPerations and it's deploy-1 at systems effect, does that also apply to weapon and character deployment as well?

9. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Anything deploying *to* a system (not on) is deploy -1.

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Anything that deploys to a system is -1. This includes ships, characters, weapons, devices and effects.

11. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    hey bib, you cant deploy characters *to* a system, nor can you deploy anything but starships to a system, but you can deploy them too a starships located at a system

12. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Bah, I'm thinking too much. EBO says "At"; the word "to" isn't anywhere. And "at" means that any characters deploying aboard starships are deploying "at" the system and therefore do get the bonus.

13. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    As a follow-up to the whole "on"/"to" argument. If EBO had said "to" then yes, Bib Fortuna was right and Effects would be -1 at systems as well.

But since there are NO LS Effects with a deploy cost that deploy to systems the whole discussion is really moot at this time ;)

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Actually, there is at least 1 Effect that would get the deploy bonus from EBO: Special Modifications.

15. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    I would never have had a problem with that because that deploys to the system not on it.

I was thinking of Effects like Haven, Launching The Assault, etc. But now it doesn't matter--"to" is synonomous with "at" and the word "to" isn't even on EBO to begin with, "at" is. And so the vicious cycle continues :)

16. MrMorden

MrMorden Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 1999
    Can someone please explain the persona rules to me more clearly? For example, if I have Darth Vader at the Cantina, is it possible for me to deploy Lord Vader to a different location? Or does it have to be to the same location as Darth.

Thanks.

17. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Okay Personas: You can only have one of any persona on the table at any one time. So, if you have Darth VAder down on the table somewhere, you cannot deploy Lord Vader until Darth Vader is removed from the table.

Persona Replacement: You can "upgrade" the persona you currently have on the table as long as the persona in your hand has at least the same POWER and ABILITY as the one on the table. The persona you deploy must obey its own deployment restrictions and the replacement itself is free (the other replaced version of that persona is placed in the Lost Pile).

So for example, if you have Darth Vader at a location and Lord Vader in your hand, you could replace the Darth Vader card with Lord Vader because Lord Vader is at least POWER 6 and ABILITY 6. However, you could not replace Lord Vader with Darth Vader because Lord Vader is POWER 7 and Darth Vader is only POWER 6. And if, hypothetically, Lord Vader had a deployment restriction like "May only deploy to a Death Star II site" or "...to same site as Palpatine" then the Darth Vader card would have to be at a Death Star II site or at the same site as Palpatine in order for you to be able to replace him with the Lord Vader version.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    quick question- when weapons, such as X-Wing Laser Cannons, fire at a target, and, in the case of the XWLC, say that if X=3 then target is lost- does this mean the target is immediately removed from play or do you first resolve power totals, attrition, etc?

19. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    It is immediatley lost. You can assume that any card is immediatley lost, unless stated otherwise on any in game card, or if it says the word 'hit'. This card does say 'hit', but it is only if X doesnt =3.

Hope that helps ;)

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    and then the target doesn't add any gametext, power or ability towards the total power or whaetver?

21. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Immediately lost means just that--immediately removed from the table. It is in the Lost Pile and has no impact on the battle whatsoever :)

22. Joyoda

Joyoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 1999
    How do persona's work with characters in ships? Like Death Star Assualt Squadron, R2 in Red 5, Boba Fett in Slave 1, etc. Can you have both Vader and the assault Squadron in play at the same time?

23. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    No, they can't. They don't replace each other, either.

24. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    regarding quests question...what happens if it the ship to be immediately lost is the only ship in battle for dark side? do they count power=0 to resolve battle damage, or does the battle end once the starship is lost?

also, when the death star blows up a rebel base (Yavin 4 or Hoth) how much force does the light side loose?

thanks for the help :)

25. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The battle ends if either player loses their presence before the normal resolution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.