main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH SW collecting in Columbus

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yodajammies, Mar 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodajammies

Yodajammies Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2000
    If any of y'all hear of any SW or Sci-fi shows, flea markets, stores, etc. in the Columbus area, let me know by posting here, or sending me a PM. I'm always on the lookout for potential places to find SW action figures I don't have.

2. chewiehair

chewiehair Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2001
    collecting in columbus is painful...finding new figures is hard enough..let alone filling in the old potf waves...any info would be much appreciated

yodajammies you're pain is common among us all!!!

3. Yodajammies

Yodajammies Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2000
    I remember going to the "Red Barn" flea market on I-70 east of Reynoldsburg a few years ago. There was a guy there who had a booth called "Finders Collectibles". He had a decent array of stuff for sale, including Star Wars figures, Indiana Jones stuff, hot wheels cars, etc. He hasn't been there any of the other times I've visited, and I can't find any info on "Finders Collectibles" anywhere. Has anyone ever heard of this guy?

I went to a store up in Westerville a few months ago called "Star Base Columbus". They only had a few Star Wars figures, and they were unfortunately ones I already had, but if you've got some major holes in your collection, you might check there. It's worth a shot.

I looked up Toys/Collectibles in the yellow pages one time, and I saw a listing for a place called "MOC". No other information was given, but I thought it likely that MOC stood for "Mint on Card", a common collecting term. I have never had a chance to go there, but if anyone else has, let me know if they have anything good.

All in all, I have to agree with chewiehair. Collecting in Columbus is painful, especially since none of the stores around me seem to have any new figures worth mentioning, with the occasional exception of the new Wal-Mart here in Reynoldsburg. For a while it was easy to find all kinds of POTF2 figures on clearance at Kay-Bee, but I haven't found anything useful there in a long time, and Toys-backwards-'R'-us has nothing but hundreds of the same dozen or so EI figures that just take up shelf space and don't sell. It's gotten so bad that I've taken to collecting other action figures like X-men and G.I. Joe, which I can find in large amounts.

Well, that's all for now. If anyone finds a good place to get Star Wars figures, especially the last few POTF2 waves and the first several EI waves, let your buddies here know.

Later,
    YJ

4. dschomburg

dschomburg Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2001
    I'm thinking of selling off my big figs collection (minus Obi-gotta keep him).
    Anyone interested. I have just about all of them (no wampa's or taun-taun's) from the POTF. If you are let me know.
    dschombu@columbus.rr.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.