main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL SW collecting new & old

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediLars, Dec 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey y'all thought I would start up this thread since I know there are quite a few collectors out there from FF and maybe some JC will join in. But anyway just want to remind you all that the next wave of POTJ figures our coming. I am personally looking forward to the Biker scout figure. I know they are already selling it on eBay.

JediLars

2. ScoobyDew

ScoobyDew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2000
    Yeah, I'm loving the new POTJ stuff. The paint jobs on them are so much better than POTF2 stuff.

I finally picked up a Dagobah Vader a couple of days ago. 6 pm at a Target no less. I've really had good luck there lately. Go figure. (no pun intended. ;) )

Scooby

3. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Just wanting to let those who collect the SW Lego's. The Wal-mart website is have a huge sale. Even the Tie-Intercepter and X-wing are sale. Check it out!

JediLars

4. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Got the biker scout - soooooooo cool. And the Bespin capture Han is just incredible. In fact, I'm only short the poncho QuiGon and General Leia from the new stuff. Been getting some great luck at Target. See a few at Wal-Mart here and there, but usually do the best at Target first thing in the morning.

5. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    There's a _huge_ bag full of stuff from the Leggo store under our tree, and Amy won't let me near it. It's rigged with booby traps, and I think the boxes themselves are wrapped already, just in case I'm able to get inside the bag.

It's times like this I wish I could grow a handlebar mustache, just so I could twist it malevolently and chuckle in a baritone.

BTW, the museum SW:MOM shop has a decent supply of Admiral Mottis and hooded Leias. I dunno if eitehr of those are still hard to come by. If anyone wants one, let me know and I can probably pick them up for ye (or at least have them stashed.)

-Le Penguin
    "It's not a question of where 'e grips it..."

6. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey Penguin - ever see that Lego hand vacuum thing they came out with a few years back? Don't know if they even still produce it, but it's this box with rubber wheels and these plastic fan blades attached to the wheels. You roll in on the floor (has this little hand grip) and scoop up the Lego blocks into the hopper for easy clean up. Actually worked like crap, but the idea was there.

Ummm.......nothing witty to say. Sorry.

7. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey, I too have had luck at Target but no biker scout. I have had luck at the Lombard Target. Today I got, Boss Nass and Selbulba, and prior to that the Princess. At Wal-Mart Qui-Gon and Darth Vader. I am expecting the Han Solo and the boomer battle droid. So I am on the hunt for the Biker dude. So JJ13 if you want to get me the biker dude instead of the $10 you owe me I'll call that fair. What you think?

JediLars

8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    So far I've only had luck out here (Illinois) at Target. I got Boss Nass and Porkins there a few days ago.
    Where else do you guys recommend? Are there comic/toy shows or fairs around here? (Although over priced, you can usually find hard to get stuff at those kinds of things.)

9. ScoobyDew

Jun 6, 2000
    Well, Comics and Cards in Gurnee Mills usually has the new figures pretty quick. Granted, they want about $15, but if you don't want to hunt for them, it's a way to go. And the guy who runs it, Jason, and the other guy that works there, Dan, are pretty cool guys, and extremely helpful. I think they actually sell the figures for someone else, they just rent out the wall space.

I've actually had good luck at Target as well (Gurnee, and a little luck at the Waukegan one). I'm sure you all know how impossible it is to find new stuff at TRU. It's simply because the overnight people have a chance to purchase anything that's been put out on the shelves before the store opens in the morning.

Oh, and if anyone has a Vintage Power of the Force Han Carbonite they'd like to sell (I don't care about the condition or the coin, so long as the figure and the carbonite are intact; ie not broken), drop me an e-mail. No, I'm not going to sell it on eBay. It was my favorite toy as a kid, and I just want one back.

Scooby

10. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey ObiDawn - have you hit the Graham Cracker comics on 53 north of I55? It's just down from the WalMart (well, the next strip mall over), hidden behind McD's. They have a pretty damn nice comic selection, old and new, as well as most of the figs. Pricey, of course, like all the rest, but a decent place. For regular hunting, the Wal-Mart right there is pretty good - I've lucked out there once or twice. The Target on Boughton & Weber is good too, with the KB Toy Works down the strip mall from that Target. Don't waste your time at the Big K across the street. I've never found **** there. The Meijer's right there is okay. Sometimes good/ sometimes nothing. I get most of what I am looking for at my local Target. Near the Louis Joliet mall on Route 30 & Essington. Hit that on my way to work so I usually get first shot at the new racks. Scored a ton of figs there, along with the skiff & 12" biker. Toys 'R Us is right by the LJ mall - not bad. The TRU on 75th near Lemont road is okay. Get lucky there if I ever make the trip over.

Umm......anything else you want to know, drop me an email. I'll help ya with questions. Been south side my entire life so I know the area very well.

11. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Yep, Target seems to be the place to go for figures. Just saw Porkins and a Corasuant guard at the one on Route 59.

As for Graham Crackers Comics, there are like eight around the Chicagoland area. The one in Naperville on 75th street is awesome for toys in general. And they are good for your SW comic fix to.

JediAutobot

12. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    thanks guys!^_^

i found porkins at target a few days ago! and today i finished unpacking all of my sw stuff. i'm tired now.:)

13. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Why did you unpack it?????? I would have taken really good care of all your stuff. LEt me know and I can swing by to pick it up. :)

14. ScoobyDew

Jun 6, 2000
    For those collecting POTJ, Wal-Mart in Gurnee had a pretty good selection yesterday. Han, Leia, Dagobah Vader, Qui-Gon Jinn, and some of the more common ones.

Also, the TRU in Gurnee had some new Freeze Frame figures I hadn't see in quite a while (or even when they were actually on the shelves): C-3PO (rusted break apart with bag), New Likeness Leia, Blast Shield Helmet Luke, R2 with little tools and pop up sensor (all of which there were only 1 and I bought them) as well as Chewie as Boush's Bounty, Mon Mothma, Pruneface, and a few others.

Maybe TRU is getting more backstock from Hasbro of these assortments...

Scooby

15. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Just thought I would be bump this up, but also let you all know that www.Kbkids.com website has the 300th Boba Fett figure for $9.99 + shipping. I just ordered it!

Check it out!

JediLars

16. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    hey JEDIJEFF13,

yeah! i have been to that graham crackers! thanks! sounds like we live right by each other cuz' i actually know all those places your talking about!:)

17. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    I dunno if I'd advertise how close you live to JediJeff, Dawn... there's something of a stigma there, y'know? Like saying you live close to Three Mile Island.... ;)

Thom

18. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh yeah!!!! Well......well....ummm....YEAH!

Back at ya! Up your nose with a rubber hose.

(wow - two consecutive posts with catch phrases from TV shows.)

19. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Just wanted to let you all know that I just got my 300th Boba Fett and it Rocks!! I order it on Friday and got it today!! Boy KB works fast. Any way I would recommend you all to check it out!

JediLars

20. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    you guys are funny!;)

21. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Looking? Sounding? Acting? Smelling?

Specifics, Obi Dawn. Specifics.

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    specifics?!?!?!

well, i'd have to see you in real life to know if you were smelly! o_O

:)

23. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    I think most of CF can state I have decent hygiene. I've paid them enough to say such kind words.

24. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Just wanted to bump up and ask has any one had luck finding the new wave of figures. Also check out www.rebelscum.com, they have photos of some of the upcoming figures for 2001. Boy its going to be a great year for collecting!!

JediLars

25. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I agree Lars, the pics on rebelscum are awesome, and much more can be seen that the sw.com photos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.