main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL SW collecting new & old

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediLars, Dec 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    lol, I think "clutterist" should be "most clutty". :p

Awww, in its packaging. Poor things, kept inside their cages. :(

BTW, they're toys... not collectibles.

2. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    We did everyone get the 25th Aniversary R2 at TRU? I did and it is awesome. Nice to add with the 25th Toy Fair Vader. Also, I was able to some what update my collection. Figures still messing are as follows and have not seen in the stores yet!!

Fan Choice Ephant Mon RTOJ
    Yoda EPI council chair
    Destroyer Driod EPII

JediLars

3. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I ended up buying my Silver Anniversary R2 on e-bay (and getting ripped off)...but I got tired of the endless....

duh...
    gee....
    I dunno.....
    from the TRU employees....

Mine hasn't arrived yet....but the spot next to the Silver Anniversary Darth Vader is open....

the other figures you mentioned should be arriving shortly....
    have to check with my connection....
    I do have the Ephont Mon already....
    but the re-done Yoda and the Destroyer Droid are supposed to be the last figures for the current "series"....
    Then it starts over with a new "series"...probably some of the same figures ....just in new packaging...or slightly altered.

4. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I'm going to TRU today to see if I can get a silver R2-D2. :)

5. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I expect a full report!
    :D

6. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I was at the Toy R Us in Downers Grove on Butterfield and able to pick up me Artoo.

Yay!

I just asked at the service counter.

7. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hmmm, I'm gonna call the two TRUs around here (Schaumburg and Arlington Heights) to see if they still have any R2s.

I'll pick of the Slave I or something then return it in a day or two. :)

8. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    There is one problem in returning items that you purchase to receive the R2, you have to return the R2 with the purchase. I was returning a couple items that I bought besides by $20's worth of SW toys. The person behind the counter told me this stipulation. So for those who were planning trying this good luck. It might work if the manager isn't around???

I also spoke with a manager of the Toy dept at a Kmart in OH. She said that due to the port entry strike that a lot of the toys that were coming over were held at the dock longer than supposed too. That means our area was stuck with the same product for some time and that is why we are starting to see some new figs on the racks. Target has figures at $2.99 and have been for sometime. For those who our looking to build up their clone troopers and battle droids I was at a Target with racks full.

Happy collecting!!

JediLars

9. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi JL, How is the collecting going dude.

Hello Chicago gang !!!

Hey JL where are the pics dude...

Crap I wish I was down there so I can get me some of those clone troopers. We have
    jack up here in T.O

I think all of my figures since Bespin Luke
    have been from the US. I was able to get Elephont dude from a buddy in St.Louis.

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    How'd you make it all the way over here to the CF forum, Mike? [face_shocked]

Silly Canucks. :p

11. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    .....sends a bolt of force lightening....

Sithman....

behave.....
    since the nice man.....collecting advisor nice man.....
    showed up here....I have a question for him....

Isn't there supposed to be a third silver anniversary action figure to go with the Toy Fair Darth Vader and the TRU R2?

...everything Star Wars is always a trilogy!

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Scholpi_Gochi (that's how I say your name so you'll have to deal with it if it's wrong :p ), Mike is craaazy. He also has a wife that likes to check up on his posts here. [face_mischief]

He's also got a great collection. :D

Oooh! I GOT MY SILVER R2-D2 today!!! :D It's in perfect condition! w00h00! :D

It's sitting in a Star Case (as is my Jorg Sacul) in my room. :D My precioussss.... :D

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey guys, Hows it going. There are stories that there will be a third silver figure. The question is when will it be out.
    Who knows...

14. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Bows to Crazy Mike....

Thanks....
    If you hear anything...don't listen to Sithman and come back and pay us a visit!

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    That is ok dude, Sithman and I hang out on the collectors thread on the general forum.
    You should stop by there and the Toronto
    thread...

16. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey CM, things are well at the Larsen house hold! Abbie is getting bigger everyday! Man is sucks when I am on the road. Any how, the clones I was refering too were at a Target in Lavonia MI. Depending on what part of Toronto you are in you could make a nice trip to Detroit!! I am working on putting together some more pictures of Abbie and should have them up soon or maybe now only if I can get this to work.

17. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Crazy Mike...

I do go there once in a while....I am just not a regular...
    My computer is ancient and tempermental...kinda like an astromech...
    so some times doin a lot of surfin aint worth the aggravation my computer gives me...

One of these days...it will be bouncing down my front steps...
    but then I will have to sell off some of my Star Wars collection to buy a new computer....

18. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Crazy Mike???? What the heck are you doin in the Chicago Forum. You live in Canada.

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey Drac, There you are. I have friends all over dude. Chad and Jedi Jeff are fellow old married guys like me :)

My wife and I are coming for a visit to Chicago in the spring if all goes well...

Schph Gocki, I am just being greedy regarding those Target clone troopers

20. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey Mike let me know when you are in town. By the way, thanks for the Clone trooper helmet from the GM cereal box promo. It is neat collectors item.

JediLars

21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hey, *I* might even show up to meet Crazy Mike. :p

22. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Just an FYI ...there are tons of those Kelloggs Clone trooper things on e-bay...

23. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    And they are $14-15US too !!! Not bad...
    I had a friend paint 2 of mine yellow and
    red and they look very good...

24. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    OK, I don't know if this is true (or if it's true for Chicago), but I got this off of another set of SW MB's I monitor. The guy's pretty reliable. Let us know if you find these deals:

Okay peeps, you all wanted star wars toys for cheap? WELL HEAD ON OVER TO WIZARDS OF THE COAST NOW!!!!! They have 12" Ki-Adi-Mundi for $4.99 (and other 12" figures... depends on the store). Star Wars figures for $2.99! Jedi Starfighter for $9.99 (some have it for $4.99)! Hardware Wars dvd for $1.99!! The carbonation freeze chamber with figure for $9.99!!!

STORMTROOPER TROOP BUILDER 4PACK FOR $6.99!!!!!! (i bought 8... so that's 32 stormtrooper figures)

STAR WARS BOBBLE HEADS FOR $9.99 each!!!! They sold out of Boba Fett but I was able to get Vader and 3PO.

Head on out soon while supplies last! Oh in case some of you don't know why Wizards of the Coast has all this fanclub sw merchandise, it's because they purchased the insider a while back.

Oh and in other news, I recieved my Star Wars credit card the other day! www.deathstarplans.com has the image of it.

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Mr BT sir, I guess I am living in the wrong city. Jedi Jeff says that to me all the time !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.