main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive SWAG - RIP?

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Eyrezer, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Does anyone know what happened to the Star Wars Artists Guild? The website seems to have died...

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Try this site:

Artists Allied

There are a lot of our favorite Star Wars professionals featuring work there--it's an awesome place to just drool over some of their great work!

Feel free to browse around our forum, too--look at gatodama's thread and Otis_Frampton's thread--both of these are LFL approved artists that post work here. Both participate in Artists Allied, I think. I'd also like to suggest a trip through the fantasy-land of wicktone's thread here--he's been a valued member for a long time and is now working professionally for a video game development firm--we all know he'll be LFL-endorsed one day very soon!

Happy viewing!

FF

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Not so sure about SWAG, but thanks for providing that link, FF! I just spent the last hour browsing at the artwork there. ;)

4. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    I think it kinda died about a year ago. It sounded like it was becoming too much of a commitment for the volunteers involved. i remember reading in the forums that they were taking a hiatus, but never saw any evidence that they came back from it.

I applaud the work they did when it was live. They had some fantastic art over there.

5. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Yeah, I wanted to request a pic off one of the guys there. He did a great pic of a Talz Jedi...

6. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    Yes, the volunteers did take a hiatus from SWAG and were hopefully going to return and push things forward again. It would seem that this did not happen. Whenever I try to acceess teh site I get a "Page Cannot Be Found".

A friend of mine I met on SWAG says they have mostlikely closed down for good. But, hopefully in the future we'll see another SWAG of sorts. :)

7. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    It would be a shame to lose access to all of the work that was posted there. I hope it's made its way back onto the web in one form or another.

8. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm Gutted It's gone.

I'll put some of the art on my site, if anyone can get in contact with the creators let me know!

D.

9. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    I have found a few pieces here and there through Google searches, but not a whole lot. The main stuff I've found was Beauty - Women from Star Wars: Fan Art which is a pretty cool site. I recognize all of those pictures from SWAG, especially the Zabrak female, I love that pic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.