main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX T Shirts?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthCynthia, Dec 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey Tim, I see there is a t-shirt thread at the community(? I think it was that one) forum for FF. Maybe we should have a thread here to start up some brainstorming there since you asked a few questions there about what folks might want and copyright worries (the latter being a big one you'll have to be careful with.. you can't use TM'd characters even if someone draws them from scratch). I wish we could have a shirt with SW stuff on it, but maybe there's a way to get that "feel" with any graphics that could be added... anyway.. I didn't want to reply over there yet.. wanted to get something started up over here :)

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

2. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Actually we already have an idea for the design, I just want folks to know that our design cannot be too elaborate, due to copyright issues, we cannot customize in any way. This tshirt idea had been in the pipeline for quite some time, but we had to get approval from LFL on our design. They finally said no to our original design, so we've had to modify it to make it more...um generic. On one hand we were pretty down about it, but on the other LFL knows that we, unlike other groups will abide by their requests. More info to come soon(I hope)

3. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah.. loyalty (no matter how annoying it can be) can be a good thing. I have a licensing agreement (non-SW related) that I got because of "trust" built up from a level like that.. so I definitely understand that. Good luck - can't wait to hear more about it :)

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

4. JarvisW

JarvisW Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2000
    I was thinking, (Oh No!) why cant we just have a DFW shirt and have the local members pay for their own.

Then each FF will have different shirts for each lineup.

MTFBWY!

5. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    We had tshirts at the line last time. Since we have some time until the line starts up, tshirts are on the back burner for now. It'd be nice to get them for us sooner for shows, etc. So if anyone has a friend/connection who is in the tshirt "bidness" LMK.

6. TheCloud

TheCloud Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2001
    When a design or idea is closer to reality just LMK I have several connections in the t-shirt/merchandising arena and will be happy to negotiate the purchase....Did this on a grand scale for my amusement facility and a few of these guys owe me

Patrick "TheCloud"

7. DonnovanSunrider

DonnovanSunrider Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    When they come available, I'm in! I may not be able to be in line with you guys, but I can wear my shirts with pride! :)

8. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Yea, it's very easy to come up with something that feels SW without stepping on any toes. I think we should come up with a shirt just to wear all the time. Then come up with a variation for Episode 2. A shirt for all kinds of different situations...even add events to the shirt once they have been made: Houston Myth and Magic tour...Gaming events...etc. :) Just having...DFW Fanforce...in SW lettering (they don't have a copyright on the font) would be good enough for me. :D

9. JarvisW

JarvisW Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2000
    Yep. I too would like a DFW shirt and a EP2 line shirt. Can we bring it up at the next meeting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.