main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Table at the Con!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by TK7771, Jul 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Great job on the flyers,Carrie!!

I went there before I came in here,and was blown away!!Now I gotta try to do one, but I definately say we use yours!!

About the printing?How much would it cost to get about 500 made?

2. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Those fliers are great. Nice and inviting.

3. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    thanks guys :) i'm glad you like it so much :D i'd have to ask on the price, the more you make the more of a price break you get obviously.

dave did have a very good point which i didnt even think of when i made those - they would be 4-color process which would ... be costly. which is why i posted the b&w version. that would be cheaper. (forgive me as i ramble) or i could do black/grayscale and one spot color like the red which would be cheap too. at any rate, i'll ask casually tomorrow.

i can always do other layouts too if you think something else would look better or if you have a pic you think would look better (and not one of bib :p) le tme know, send stuff my way, whatever. :D

4. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I see what your saying about the colored Flyers costing more.I like the look of the B&W one to.

Would it be possible to do it B&W and make the Rebel Symbol red??And maybe even the website addy?

5. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    [image=http://images.cafepress.com/prodtn/3008467_F_tn.jpg]

Anyone want a hat?

6. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    roy yeah that's what i meant about the grayscale + 1 spot color (red) ... which would also be alot cheaper than full 4color process. i'll ask this morning :)

EDIT: hehe ooook she said it's probably cheaper for me to go to kinko's or someting similar. oh well that's always good to know for future reference anyway.

7. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Thats alright. I'm sure we can manage get a few bucks up. Who wants to research how much getting about 500 of those made?
    When we find out how much that would cost we can decide how much each member has to bring to the meet next month.

8. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    How about we go with printing our own flyers? [face_shocked]

Most of us have printers right?if we each printing up a bunch of em' I think we'd be all set(plus it would be alot cheaper ;))

Just a thought!!

9. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    at the moment mine is broken

stupid epson. this is the second one now

i'm sure by november i'll have a new one. OH!!!! wait i forgot! kinko's gave me a coupon for 100 free b&w copies once because the cashier was a total [blankety blank blank] to me ... so that might be helpful. it never expires, i havent used it yet.

10. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I have no problems with my printer, HP baby :cool:!!

All I need is to get some colored ink.I dont mind printing em'up.

11. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I can do some printen too.

12. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    i'm looking into getting a canon s520 sometime soon, so i can do some printing too.

thought the flyer needed some girl power. added leia. :D

13. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Nice touch with the Leia ;)

we have time to print out the flyers.the cons not til Nov.but its still a good idea to come up with design ideas ahead of time.

14. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Do they supply us with chairs? We'll need chairs... ;)

15. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Chairs? We don't need no stinkin' chairs!

16. MaraJade75

MaraJade75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2002
  17. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    How about we go with printing our own flyers?

Well, there's some of us that work for a large company in an office environ that could make a bazillion photocopies :D

You may want to change the first mention of MA to include New England. Out of staters may not read down to the mention of New England when they see MA...

18. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Yeah, but doesn't it say- MA based? I think once we force these things on them and make them read them that...well, I think we'll get our point across at the Con. :D

I have a bunch of chairs, like the kind that you would use at an airshow(well, thats where I use em). They fold up and are wicked nice. I have about 5 of em and I don't mind bringing them on the Commuter Rail, I'll just look even funnier than I already do. :)

19. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Well, there's some of us that work for a large company in an office environ that could make a bazillion photocopies

I here by dub thee,Printer of the Flyers!!

Dex if you could do it that would rock!! :cool:

20. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    That would kick arse. Would you be able to print them out B&W with just one color or full color?

21. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    We need chairs...

;)

I don't know if I would be able to print anything. My printer is pretty slow and sluggish with printing neatly.

22. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I added a flyer idea to the msn group,not nearly as good as Carrie's,but I had to give it a try.

I noticed some typos [face_blush] after I added it so I'm gonna fix it soon.

anyway its there check it out!!

23. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    good job roy!! i like that alot. i wanted to use that guy you have at the bottom too and say maybe "on the lookout for a SW group?" or whatever

ok now as the daughter of an english teacher you must allow me to nitpick :p when you fix the typos please dont forget the difference between your and you're :D ok i'm done nitpicking! there that was painless :)

but otherwise i love the layout! maybe we could end up merging some ideas of collaborating on art or something, who knows.

24. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    ok now as the daughter of an english teacher you must allow me to nitpick when you fix the typos please dont forget the difference between your and you're ok i'm done nitpicking! there that was painless

[face_laugh] yeah I always end up with typos of some sort [face_blush].Thats why I usually end up editing my posts :D

Not An English Major I am !! ;)

As for collaborating on the work,thats sounds cool to me.I dont mind thowing ideas at each other.I even like the possiblity(did I spell that right ;)) of having more than one flyer.

25. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Have you guys asked about getting the FanForce banner to use? It's a huge 8 x3 banner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.